Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is not often I fail to get a timer Dave BUT it is once too often having ZERO returns from a 300 miler with the SNFC.. Hindsight is a great thing and should have sent them all to Newbury with Almond Valley.

Give up the natural? Stop making it harder than it should be with crazy theories and ramblings from times past? You know you want to lol

I am refusing to reply in a coherent way at this particular time but why does thunder, lightening, rain and hailstones fall down on me and no-one else. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Fell on everyone else just the same peter. Infact I see a few doos in camelon on the lib line. End of the day pigeons not good enough on the day (same as mine) we go again at bedhampton and try again

Well the Buckingham National race was panning out for to be won here in the West with the wind turning South East so I can only congratulate all the local lads who made the result (1) or at least had their birds return home to try again unlike me who still has zero returns.

I will send to Catterick this week with A/V which will be their final preparation race for the Gold Cup and get plenty training tosses in to keep them fit.

The Hen situation has left me really short now and a pair of lesbians are proving awkward in my attempt to have them with Cocks but one can only persevere with the beggars.

This past week is a week of my life I could have done without as it has been one disapointment after another both in our personal life and in the loft however as this is Pigeon Basics I will concentrate on what has been happening loft wise.

For a start I have had nil return from last week's Nat and I am not alone in the Metropolis as one of the good local fanciers never saw a bird either and 4 Fed toppers are still amiss. Returns are roughly 8 from 30 locally which will no doubt be replicated throughout and one can only wait and see how this weeks Nat entry pans out.

Three Cocks will be entered this week as I am now sitting with 10 birds suffering from Hawk strikes which I had hoped would participate however it is not to be.

With the weather being a factor last week-end I decided to leave them at home and missed out on a blow home race which would have served no purpose to my mind anyway and Crop/Dropping samples have been taken and sent for analysis in case their is something unseen wrong with the flock as they look in tip top condition. Many things play on the mind when I have zilch returns from birds that were in fantastic condition or they would not have been sent and can only theorise where I could have went wrong with one being not keeping the loft closed up and it cooling down to quickly as night fell with damp in the atmosphere affecting them. At the moment it is all I can put it down to.

For the past couple of years I have in the afternoon enjoyed reading a book then having 40 winks and to-day was no different until I was awakened by the phone, Lee Fribben's from the Seed Bed De Weerdt Laboratory confirming the results of the samples I had sent for analysis which were given the all clear on every test so I can rule out everything in that line. We had quite a long chat on the problems of attempting to identify respiratory in the loft and how to overcome it without the use of antibiotics, Meanwhile down in the loft I had my first return from last weeks Nat which has lifted my spirits no end.. :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

For the past couple of years I have in the afternoon enjoyed reading a book then having 40 winks and to-day was no different until I was awakened by the phone, Lee Fribben's from the Seed Bed De Weerdt Laboratory confirming the results of the samples I had sent for analysis which were given the all clear on every test so I can rule out everything in that line. We had quite a long chat on the problems of attempting to identify respiratory in the loft and how to overcome it without the use of antibiotics, Meanwhile down in the loft I had my first return from last weeks Nat which has lifted my spirits no end.. :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

What's the plan this weekend? This is the time for the natural Peter I look forward to a better race report come Sunday

I fancied taking the motor for a wee run last night and visited Newmains as I was in no rush which was just as well as I laid my basket down and stood in the line about 30 yards from the door to the Marking station, Lo and behold there was wee Wattie at the entrance so I shouted !! Walter are you keeping my place for me !!! You could have heard a pin drop as 50 pair of eyes glowered daring me to try and skip the queue before I nervously started laughing. Needless to say it was 2-1/2 Hrs before departing for home and the queue was still 20 yards long.

Had a lengthy chat with Basics "Dava" to while away the time and a couple of others so it was a pleasant evening BUT if it had started raining then a riot would have started.

Pigeon wise I have sent 3 Cocks two of which I hope to see on the result and the other is only there for wing time as he will be my candidate to knock D.J. off his perch at Ancensis,, Well we can only dream as this game is full of high's and low's usually in my case the latter.

To all my friends the very best wishes to you :drinking-coffee-200: and regards the others, I hope you have a dose of what I have had to put up with.. :emoticon-0156-rain: :emoticon-0156-rain: :emoticon-0156-rain:

good luck peter was nice speaking to you m8 was just wondering if it was you who tried to burn down newmains club hut think a few felt like it lol must say that would put even the most dedicated national men off sending doos well done to the guys doing the work they never stopped but the place is just not big enough even if more workers there was no room to set up anymore tables we need some where much bigger and with seating for us old guys which sad to say is the majority of members big changes need to be put in motion for next year or the national is going to lose a lot of members with the money the snfc have in the bank this should just not be happening

Bedhampton has been put to BED litterally for me as I only clocked the lone returnee at 8 pm about 2 hours off the result and to be honest I have in 60 years never saw a pigeon so distressed as he was. On arrival he fell through the trap and made his way to the drinker where he stuck his head in and took a good drink, stood back for a few seconds and took another, stood back and repeated this another twice taking 5 drinks to the effect his crop was so full that I could not handle him as he left the drinker and retired to his nest box to sit on his eggs, Food appeared to be the last thing on his mind till the following day.

Many have wrote on BASICS what they have thought on the way the race and returns have panned out so I will not give any reply as it would just be a waste of effort other than to say I doubt if 99.9% of fanciers have ever been on or inside a loaded Transporter in June but have plenty to say..If TIGER says the NAT Transporters are not fit for purpose then I whole heartedly agree with him..

P.S. Well done the birds that survived the ordeal and made it home..

Guest johnhunter

Bedhampton has been put to BED litterally for me as I only clocked the lone returnee at 8 pm about 2 hours off the result and to be honest I have in 60 years never saw a pigeon so distressed as he was. On arrival he fell through the trap and made his way to the drinker where he stuck his head in and took a good drink, stood back for a few seconds and took another, stood back and repeated this another twice taking 5 drinks to the effect his crop was so full that I could not handle him as he left the drinker and retired to his nest box to sit on his eggs, Food appeared to be the last thing on his mind till the following day.

Many have wrote on BASICS what they have thought on the way the race and returns have panned out so I will not give any reply as it would just be a waste of effort other than to say I doubt if 99.9% of fanciers have ever been on or inside a loaded Transporter in June but have plenty to say..If TIGER says the NAT Transporters are not fit for purpose then I whole heartedly agree with him..

P.S. Well done the birds that survived the ordeal and made it home..

is that the same tiger that said hearts would win the league LOL

Plans for the Gold Cup and any other future Nationals have went flying out the window with the 2 inland races !! SO the loft has seen all the baskets put away till next year, If anything has came from this years returns from Midland Fed and National racing it has been the savings on my feeding bills.

All that is left for the remaining flock is to rear a team of Late Breds to bring the inmates back up to loft requirments for next year and hopefully better loft management will see a reversal of this seasons endeavours.

Plans for the Gold Cup and any other future Nationals have went flying out the window with the 2 inland races !! SO the loft has seen all the baskets put away till next year, If anything has came from this years returns from Midland Fed and National racing it has been the savings on my feeding bills.

All that is left for the remaining flock is to rear a team of Late Breds to bring the inmates back up to loft requirments for next year and hopefully better loft management will see a reversal of this seasons endeavours.

So what happens to this years younsters dont you train them or have i missed some thing .

You must have missed quite a lot Phil as it went for an age that I was not rearing youngsters this year for racing and would take a round of Late Breds from what was left in the loft as I am of the opinion that stock birds breed as much if not more crap than birds with a proven HOMING ability and I had rid myself of birds with pedigree's as long as your arm BUT had never seen the inside of a basket.

You must have missed quite a lot Phil as it went for an age that I was not rearing youngsters this year for racing and would take a round of Late Breds from what was left in the loft as I am of the opinion that stock birds breed as much if not more crap than birds with a proven HOMING ability and I had rid myself of birds with pedigree's as long as your arm BUT had never seen the inside of a basket.

They all have homing ability....the rest is down to you mate

Aye whatever mate..

Ok pal that's my last quote on yer blog yer clearly on top of the situation and to be honest I am wee bit pissed off that you see me more as a pest than anything else so please feel free to do yer thing

Many thanks

Steven