Natural

peter pandy

When sitting at the table yesterday morning enjoying my porridge and coffee, occasionally watching the youngsters excercise out the window I read an interesting article in my morning newspaper "Daily Express" Yes, I am a Tory.

The headline was ""Decline in Bees linked to Pesticide"".

Scientists have proved that Bees exposed to "neonicotinoids" which are used to treat oilseed rape crops saw their population drop by 30% between 2002 - 2012 the research led by the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology found.

There are fears it damages their ability to navigate.

Neonicotinoids are applied to seeds prior to planting and can be transported to all tisues of a crop.

This is not a theory but a proven fact. Can losses of our birds be the contact and contribution of rape seeds fed to our birds in many energy feeds, Thus making the homing ability null and void.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When sitting at the table yesterday morning enjoying my porridge and coffee, occasionally watching the youngsters excercise out the window I read an interesting article in my morning newspaper "Daily Express" Yes, I am a Tory.

The headline was ""Decline in Bees linked to Pesticide"".

Scientists have proved that Bees exposed to "neonicotinoids" which are used to treat oilseed rape crops saw their population drop by 30% between 2002 - 2012 the research led by the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology found.

There are fears it damages their ability to navigate.

Neonicotinoids are applied to seeds prior to planting and can be transported to all tisues of a crop.

This is not a theory but a proven fact. Can losses of our birds be the contact and contribution of rape seeds fed to our birds in many energy feeds, Thus making the homing ability null and void.

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms12459

My thoughts were what other crops are treated with neonicotinoids.

In the loft to-night and giving their evening meal I thought your a stranger and on inspection it was one I dropped from Otterburn three weeks ago, [first time ever in a basket 85 miles] It was none the worse for its excursion and its rubber was muddy and intact so obviously not been in a loft. It lives to fight another day next year.

The article I included regarding Rape seed,, Wiley has blown away, and no doubt fanciers will be beating a path to his door wanting young birds that cannot be lost..

The weather this week-end is supposed to be attrocious so It looks like the Pied Cock will have a wee holiday from tormenting me, for the followers of the Posts, my Son in Law Fin and Grandson Greg came and fitted the Loft gutter cover under my supervision and a neat job they made of it too. Well they should, having their own building business.

Wee Mary is still applying Pain relieving cream to my posterior and its nice to get a bit of relief. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

In the loft to-night and giving their evening meal I thought your a stranger and on inspection it was one I dropped from Otterburn three weeks ago, [first time ever in a basket 85 miles] It was none the worse for its excursion and its rubber was muddy and intact so obviously not been in a loft. It lives to fight another day next year.

The article I included regarding Rape seed,, Wiley has blown away, and no doubt fanciers will be beating a path to his door wanting young birds that cannot be lost..

The weather this week-end is supposed to be attrocious so It looks like the Pied Cock will have a wee holiday from tormenting me, for the followers of the Posts, my Son in Law Fin and Grandson Greg came and fitted the Loft gutter cover under my supervision and a neat job they made of it too. Well they should, having their own building business.

Wee Mary is still applying Pain relieving cream to my posterior and its nice to get a bit of relief. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Sair bum relief - get some Mary's cream. :D

Thank you for the plug peter, ive unfortunately had to decline 5 pm's asking for doos that can win and not get lost, its a shame as im not a gold member :emoticon-0136-giggle:

You are more than welcome regarding the plug and is there any chance of half a dozen late breds that dinnae get lost. :drinking-coffee-200:

You would loose them lol......am stopping reading this once enjoyable blog after the conservative bombshell

You would loose them lol......am stopping reading this once enjoyable blog after the conservative bombshell

Stevie Boy, I too have never lost a pigeon !! They just never want to come back and as regards being a Tory !! Well I got fed up voting for losers and will not be discussing my political views on here again...unless.. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Saturday again and not racing to-day, Jeez what a bore, The club is race marking this afternoon for another trip to Ripon 160 miles and I wonder if the Midland Fed members can muster up more than the 235 birds that were sent to Ripon last week, Blinking joke calling itself a Fed, and its a bigger joke the Race Programme where you have no come back races to let young birds catch up.

The Pied Cock is my sole entry this week-end as I am a masochist but aint jumping a team 100 miles with a possible weather forecast I am not 100% happy with.

Having competed in the Y/B National and found it a waste of time I really dont understand why the Scottish Central Combine with a 12 mile radius cannot organise a 200 mile race the same day as the Nat, I am quite sure it would attract a good entry as 300 miles into our part of Scotia with a 50 mile radius is self defeating.

Saturday again and not racing to-day, Jeez what a bore, The club is race marking this afternoon for another trip to Ripon 160 miles and I wonder if the Midland Fed members can muster up more than the 235 birds that were sent to Ripon last week, Blinking joke calling itself a Fed, and its a bigger joke the Race Programme where you have no come back races to let young birds catch up.

The Pied Cock is my sole entry this week-end as I am a masochist but aint jumping a team 100 miles with a possible weather forecast I am not 100% happy with.

Having competed in the Y/B National and found it a waste of time I really dont understand why the Scottish Central Combine with a 12 mile radius cannot organise a 200 mile race the same day as the Nat, I am quite sure it would attract a good entry as 300 miles into our part of Scotia with a 50 mile radius is self defeating.

Pigeon racing?

George, I could send 20 but I am not jumping them 100 miles in a race prog that does not care about the birds welfare in a Fed that is only money orientated. The one I sent cost me £3.40 in birdage.

How do you work that out 3.40.?

George, I could send 20 but I am not jumping them 100 miles in a race prog that does not care about the birds welfare in a Fed that is only money orientated. The one I sent cost me £3.40 in birdage.

peter the fed were at ripon last week, and its ripon again so were do u get 100ml jump

Davy, The birds I had at the first race fell apart likewise the second and third races and I only sent 2 last week.

Birds that did not go to the early races have came on and could have been chanced with jumps up to 100 miles give or take a couple of miles but not 160 or at least I would not. I jumped 14 first timers into 112 miles and lost almost half them so cannot afford to lose many more as I only rear 50 youngsters unlike some of the mob fliers who rear over a hundred.

How do you work that out 3.40.?

John the Midland Fed has a levy on its members of £3.40 per race paid in advance with its Fed Dues. The levy gives you 10 free birds per race SO if you send 1 it has cost you £3.40 if you send 2 then it has cost £1.70 each and so on.

Davy, The birds I had at the first race fell apart likewise the second and third races and I only sent 2 last week.

Birds that did not go to the early races have came on and could have been chanced with jumps up to 100 miles give or take a couple of miles but not 160 or at least I would not. I jumped 14 first timers into 112 miles and lost almost half them so cannot afford to lose many more as I only rear 50 youngsters unlike some of the mob fliers who rear over a hundred.

peter even bad doo men can get there y/birds for the early races, it must be something your doing wrong, and remember feds need pigeons at this time of the year, thank god for mob flyers, that send big teams, mind peter you had 50 y/birds and only one away, feds need pigeons not excuses,

think you should spend more time at the dookit and less time on the computer that would help you

all the best david

peter even bad doo men can get there y/birds for the early races, it must be something your doing wrong, and remember feds need pigeons at this time of the year, thank god for mob flyers, that send big teams, mind peter you had 50 y/birds and only one away, feds need pigeons not excuses,

think you should spend more time at the dookit and less time on the computer that would help you

all the best david

Jeez. ..lots of good advice here. ....thought lots of roads and all that

all the best david

Haw Davy are you telling me that I dont spend enough time in the loft !!!! Fer Goad sake Wee Mary thinks I have a fancy wummin doon there LOL. And by the way ma 50 young yins include half a dizen jist cummin oot the nest.

Haw Davy are you telling me that I dont spend enough time in the loft !!!! Fer Goad sake Wee Mary thinks I have a fancy wummin doon there LOL. And by the way ma 50 young yins include half a dizen jist cummin oot the nest.

peter you no the fed have to move out with y/birds races, thats the way it always has been, you cant blame the fed if yours are falling apart

all the best david

. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

meny Feds you in Peter