Snfc

first ive heard about it in Greenock

John, are you an SHU member and do you race with the SNFC. I have to presume that if you race with the SNFC you have to be a SHU member, so perhaps you are an individual member independent of any SHU Club or Fed. The SHU have indicated this requirement to all their individual members and stated the onus is on you to be measured. They will help in all ways they can. Once the Feds are completed they were sure some individual members would be missed and this may be why the SNFC are now intimating the requirement as well. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayrshire havent started yet as far as I am aware

Ayrshire have had three units since March 2015, surely they must be nearly finished? I think at the October meeting there were only around 5 Feds to be done. I'm waiting on my unit, but it looks like ANR Fed will have to scramble about to have it completed on time. :)

Just need to try and cover the SNFC flying members first.

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

John, are you an SHU member and do you race with the SNFC. I have to presume that if you race with the SNFC you have to be a SHU member, so perhaps you are an individual member independent of any SHU Club or Fed. The SHU have indicated this requirement to all their individual members and stated the onus is on you to be measured. They will help in all ways they can. Once the Feds are completed they were sure some individual members would be missed and this may be why the SNFC are now intimating the requirement as well. :)

yes im a member of snfc and shu but not a shu fed only Glasgow fed

Ayrshire have had three units since March 2015, surely they must be nearly finished? I think at the October meeting there were only around 5 Feds to be done. I'm waiting on my unit, but it looks like ANR Fed will have to scramble about to have it completed on time. :)

Why would it just be SNFC members first ,ordinary club members race points will be affected with the new measurements as well wont they ?? as the new ones will need to be in place for end of April some time.

yes im a member of snfc and shu but not a shu fed only Glasgow fed

If Alasdair Gibson was given your details, you will be one of the few he has to finish. If not you will have to contact Linda at the office to let her know you still need done. Once I get my unit, I'll add you to my list if she forwards your details to me. :)

Why would it just be SNFC members first ,ordinary club members race points will be affected with the new measurements as well wont they ?? as the new ones will need to be in place for end of April some time.

Yes, but the North Road members that don't race SNFC would all be in the same boat. The North Road that do race SNFC would need accurate measurements for the SNFC races or it could cost them places. For that reason, I would attempt to prioritise them, if the need arises. At this stage I am very much in the dark as to when I will actually receive my unit. I have to measure 59 lofts and at this stage only have 3 month to so do, our season starts in May. 20 lofts a month doesn't sound a lot, but I do have other calls on my time and some lofts are well spread out. It may not be possible to cover too many in the one day. :)

I was led to believe that everyone wishing to fly in any race governed by the shu

had to have it done by the start of racing this year

these systems were handed out at the start of last year,

was also told that your existing distances were basicly getting binned

and you had to use the new ones

that the shu will be sending you ,

to me this says if you don't get it done you wont be racing shu sanctioned or snfc races

as you wont have any valid distances

I could be wrong but this is what I was told

The first units were given out in 2014 and the east coast, Lothians were covered first. More units were acquired and calibrated and then issued. It appears that Ayrshire have been sitting on three units for nearly a year.

Davy, the intention was for racing season 2016, but it is not the fault of the federations that have not received a unit. I think the case for individual members was slightly different, in that they had to contact the SHU who would then put them in touch with the unit operator. :)

Not even started yet!!!

Yes, but the North Road members that don't race SNFC would all be in the same boat. The North Road that do race SNFC would need accurate measurements for the SNFC races or it could cost them places. For that reason, I would attempt to prioritise them, if the need arises. At this stage I am very much in the dark as to when I will actually receive my unit. I have to measure 59 lofts and at this stage only have 3 month to so do, our season starts in May. 20 lofts a month doesn't sound a lot, but I do have other calls on my time and some lofts are well spread out. It may not be possible to cover too many in the one day. :)

easy peasy get somone else to do the days you cant 10 a day LOL

The first units were given out in 2014 and the east coast, Lothians were covered first. More units were acquired and calibrated and then issued. It appears that Ayrshire have been sitting on three units for nearly a year.

Davy, the intention was for racing season 2016, but it is not the fault of the federations that have not received a unit. I think the case for individual members was slightly different, in that they had to contact the SHU who would then put them in touch with the unit operator. :)

thats right Andy East of Scotland fed and the Lothians were i believe the very first to be done. it was quick and efficiently done too.