Todays Times & Returns

andy Burgess

Just an idea Drastically change the pigeon racing season. Racing in June early July is prime time peregrine feeding season.

The weather is better in September than it used to be. Moulting would be a problem but that could be sorted.

old birds race April/May Then you pair up to breed June/July Late August/ September race old birds and young birds. As I said at the start just and idea.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an idea Drastically change the pigeon racing season. Racing in June early July is prime time peregrine feeding season.

The weather is better in September than it used to be. Moulting would be a problem but that could be sorted.

old birds race April/May Then you pair up to breed June/July Late August/ September race old birds and young birds. As I said at the start just and idea.

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

There is no doubt that we need to change the way we do things but that must be coordinated at national level.

i dont think it would make one bit of difference when we race the birds bop will adapt one of the reasons i stopped going to the youngbird national was i got hammered every year training them in september and also found training my latebreds in october was getting hit every toss there is only one way to sort it and if we all got togethere it could be fixed the lenth and breadth of britain if we all train our latebreds at the sametime breed a round now

i dont think it would make one bit of difference when we race the birds bop will adapt one of the reasons i stopped going to the youngbird national was i got hammered every year training them in september and also found training my latebreds in october was getting hit every toss there is only one way to sort it and if we all got togethere it could be fixed the lenth and breadth of britain if we all train our latebreds at the sametime breed a round now

The one and only way 100% correct

One weekend fixes the pigeon game if everybody played the game :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

The problem would be sorted if we all stuck together with this Walter and it would only take a couple of races and we would be back to enjoying racing our pigeons once again without them being savaged on their journey home.

after not sending over weekend I took my 4 that I wanted for comeback then Reims on friday 26Th

have a hen had a near miss but okay with tail flights out... Now one of the 4 and my main one! 3 year old cock flew ypres last year and been a good pigeon returned home 7 hours later burst wing from hawk and now finished! Angry and fed up AGAIN

after not sending over weekend I took my 4 that I wanted for comeback then Reims on friday 26Th

have a hen had a near miss but okay with tail flights out... Now one of the 4 and my main one! 3 year old cock flew ypres last year and been a good pigeon returned home 7 hours later burst wing from hawk and now finished! Angry and fed up AGAIN

Sorry to hear this, it's a real sickener :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Let my birds out tonight and noticed another one without tail feathers, expletive remove that's 7 hawked from 49 pigeons returned at the weekend :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: Games fkd

was just looking at big cals doos this afternoon and 2 of his fae billericy have the rumps ripped out of them quite a high hit rate when only 5 doos at race although 5/5 its the damage the beaasa are doing in the 1000s now

Started the season with 32 now down to 10 that's my old bird season finished if the young bird season goes the same way I don't think I will have them next year out of the 10 I have left 5 were on the injury list due to bop :emoticon-0179-headbang: