How Long

yeboah

Speaking to a fellow fancier tonight and asked how training was going

He has already lost from 10 miles two birds that have scored twice from nationals

Others returning minus flights

Other fanciers he has spoken to with same stories

How long have we left as a sport ?

Guest TAMMY_1

He has already lost from 10 miles two birds that have scored twice from nationals

yesterday afternoon we had a peregrine chasing one of the birds coming from the race,never got it but I sat out till the last couple of birds were in safe with my new vermine thing

I was away on Thursday for my first toss from ten miles with my yearlings and one 2yr old hen and a dropped the 2yr old she raced the program as a yearling

1st toss last Wednesday , birds returned well split up and one lucky escape tail feathers and secondaries missing.

I have used the same location for training on very many occasions in the past without any bother, just shows the Bassa,s are getting everywhere now.

At home exercising lost 2 hens 1 cock 1 hen had narrow escape but no use for racing this year ,put of training till next week ,no special direction just where wife is working ,cant put of any longer so will see.

Having a similar fate here.

Had a team of 5 doo's training from 22 mile and had been there 4/5 times the last 2 weeks. Generally they get home 10-15 minutes after I do.

Today libbed from the same place, good weather conditions, good visibility but after an hour I only had one bird home. One turned up 3 hours later and one 6 hours later.

Still 2 doo's short. These birds were fit, flying well around home pre training and knew the route well.

Bad times.

Took my racing cocks with some late breds today just 5 Miles , let them up then went to a couple of garden centres with the missus and got home 1 1/2 hours later no birds then they started to arrive in 1/2 s within 10 mins all 30 home what and where were they upto . Have lost 5 in 4 tosses so far .

dropped 2 from 6 chucks I know that's not too bad but theyshouldnt have got lost I have got them flying well round about the loft and was thinking about just giving them a couple of chucks a week and take my chances on race day rather than lose them training ive only got 32 for racing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

dropped 2 from 6 chucks I know that's not too bad but theyshouldnt have got lost I have got them flying well round about the loft and was thinking about just giving them a couple of chucks a week and take my chances on race day rather than lose them training ive only got 32 for racing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Why train thru the week while racing?

I think that most of your experiences relate to the peregrine falcon. However I remember reading years ago that tossing within a 12-15 mile radius of the loft can be problematic as this can be what is referred to as a "zone of disorientation". This was based on experimental work and published in the Pictorial.

I think that most of your experiences relate to the peregrine falcon. However I remember reading years ago that tossing within a 12-15 mile radius of the loft can be problematic as this can be what is referred to as a "zone of disorientation". This was based on experimental work and published in the Pictorial.

A club mate who missed the transporter decided to lib from the clubhouse 500yds from the loft...........He dropped one. True story