S N F C

Guest VICEPRESIDENT

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lads were all adults here dont get personal it brings down the whole tone of the thread and the forum

also slagging members that are not on site will get us no where

surely were all big enough to discuss this without having a bang at each other

You are correct of course, I apologise for bringing bigda's name into the post. I meant no harm by it, it was meant as a tongue in cheek cheap jibe.

You are correct of course, I apologise for bringing bigda's name into the post. I meant no harm by it, it was meant as a tongue in cheek cheep jibe.

his name has been mentioned a few times wasn't just aimed at yourself while the debate on the snfc and what has been going on if anything has been going on it has interesting to say the least lets hope it all gets sorted for the best of everybody within the organisation

lets keep to the topic and less of the jibes at each other this topic has had multiple threads countless number of posts i think everybody has given there opinion on the matter the last few pages has grown into playground behavior

It's hard not to take sides, but what has happened since the original thread was put up has blown the thing out of all proportion. What was put down to human error at the time has now been turned into conspiracy theory - a vendetta against Gareth. In truth, he's the one with the vendetta, it is he who has issues with the Drivers, and was stupid enough to open his mouth to one of them about it – this was the reason for the McCord post about marking stations and Ypres. He said look at the marking stations rather than the Drivers.

I have personal knowledge of one the Driver’s cases. He had convoyed for 7 or 8 years for NW Fed and SNFC when he didn't even have pigeons. He joined a Fed 2/3 years ago for the first time, had some bother with his first year fees, and got debt suspended. One of the SNFC Committee members was also his Fed Official and took the matter up with them. It got sorted quick and the debt suspension was lifted which means any money he owed was paid.

When the man didn't have pigeons he was good enough to be Driver. He is one year in pigeons gets debt suspended, pays up and his suspension is lifted - does that justify him losing his driving job? Worse, he is not good enough to drive in Gareth's eyes. He set about destroying the man’s reputation for which he was given a final warning that if repeated he would be put out the Club. He repeated the same claims at the AGM and went on to further defame the Driver and Convoyer over the Ypres matter at the AGM, on here and in BHW.

What is happening now is that the SNFC reputation has been damaged (again) by those who purport to have it at heart.

Again as an outsider, one which respects the posts you normally put up as being balanced and informed, this post sheds yet another perspective on this matter. A perspective that I would be far happier with than the others that I have read.

Sadly Ian, your last paragraph states it all. The reputation of the SNFC has been damaged, in my eyes, and I would certainly not consider applying for membership at this time.

Strong personalities and opinions are the lifeblood of any organisation, but they must be voiced in the correct place, at the correct time and then the outcome must be accepted and progress must be made. This has not happened!!!

"Dirty laundry" has been aired in public and it smells. :)

Guest greegsy

I have read this subject without comment waiting for the SNFC response to be published. Now that it has can anyone tell me at what point in all of this does the responsibility for the security of the birds in transit pass from the marking station convener/workers to the drivers/convoyers. ???

I would have thought it was the moment the lorry left the station because after leaving no onus for the birds or basket security can be on the marking station workers. As far as the law is concerned the driver of any vehicle is 100% responsible for his cargo.

This of course would put Mr McCord in a bad situation being responsible for baskets that as far as the marking station convener and the workers who sealed the baskets were concerned left the station intact but became insecure after leaving the station and in his care.

Is it the case that one man's word has been taken over the word of members volunteering their time and efforts at a marking station, especially when the man who sealed the baskets was not asked for his input to the "Extensive Investigation" that supposedly took place. ???

expletive remove sounds like a night at the bingo when all the auld women jump,in yer Taxi and start Moanin, thaught the doo game was for men , sort yer differences out in a mannerly manner instead of dragging every pb member into it, years ago it would have been sorted out behind a garden shed and the winner being unknown to anyone.lol :animatedpigeons:

I have read this subject without comment waiting for the SNFC response to be published. Now that it has can anyone tell me at what point in all of this does the responsibility for the security of the birds in transit pass from the marking station convener/workers to the drivers/convoyers. ???

I would have thought it was the moment the lorry left the station because after leaving no onus for the birds or basket security can be on the marking station workers. As far as the law is concerned the driver of any vehicle is 100% responsible for his cargo.

This of course would put Mr McCord in a bad situation being responsible for baskets that as far as the marking station convener and the workers who sealed the baskets were concerned left the station intact but became insecure after leaving the station and in his care.

Is it the case that one man's word has been taken over the word of members volunteering their time and efforts at a marking station, especially when the man who sealed the baskets was not asked for his input to the "Extensive Investigation" that supposedly took place. ???

With this statement what you are saying is that the driver's responsibility is to check all birds are in the correct baskets and whatever mistakes (if any) have been made at the marking station is now the drivers problem :lol:

With this statement what you are saying is that the driver's responsibility is to check all birds are in the correct baskets and whatever mistakes (if any) have been made at the marking station is now the drivers problem :lol:

As a driver its your responsibility to make sure your load is put on correctly and secure so as McCord was loading baskets onto trailer he should have made sure they were sealed properly so no pigeons could get out in transit making the load safe to transport numb nuts :animatedpigeons:

As a driver its your responsibility to make sure your load is put on correctly and secure so as McCord was loading baskets onto trailer he should have made sure they were sealed properly so no pigeons could get out in transit making the load safe to transport numb nuts :animatedpigeons:

here one for you mr r has fallen out with the last 4 presidents of the snfc ? strange that dont you think

Maybe with the amount of willing helpers that were there helping load the transporter maybe McCord never got a chance to load EVERY basket himself!! Hmmmm numb nuts, now that's a really responsible comment :animatedpigeons:

Maybe with the amount of willing helpers that were there helping load the transporter maybe McCord never got a chance to load EVERY basket himself!! Hmmmm numb nuts, now that's a really responsible comment :animatedpigeons:

It's still his responsibility he's the one that get done out on the road if his load isn't secure or safe that there's pigeons flying about trailer if baskets haven't been checked there sealed so if he's not loading them he should have checked them before there loaded

here one for you mr r has fallen out with the last 4 presidents of the snfc ? strange that dont you think

Who cares this isn't about the past and this wasn't about the president

It's still his responsibility he's the one that get done out on the road if his load isn't secure or safe that there's pigeons flying about trailer if baskets haven't been checked there sealed so if he's not loading them he should have checked them before there loaded

Who cares this isn't about the past and this wasn't about the president

me i do, mr r has a problem so look at the biggar picture why ? mind yous can always come mob handed like yous have done in the past

me i do, mr r has a problem so look at the biggar picture why ? mind yous can always come mob handed like yous have done in the past

Mr r can whatever problem he wants I don't care the problem is now as I see it the transportation of the pigeons who's going to transport the pigeons this year the president ???

then you dont have a gripe john was voted on with most votes and he is there till next agm END OFF

Your not reading properly I've never questioned the president I've questioned last years drivers loading and security but I don't think it is right that last years drivers resigned saving them from disciplinary action can then transport this year and I don't think it would be right for the president to transport the pigeons that's my opinion but why can't you just answer the question of who is transporting the pigeons?

Your not reading properly I've never questioned the president I've questioned last years drivers loading and security but I don't think it is right that last years drivers resigned saving them from disciplinary action can then transport this year and I don't think it would be right for the president to transport the pigeons that's my opinion but why can't you just answer the question of who is transporting the pigeons?

how can i tell you what i dont no