Lanarkshire Federation

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

At the delegates meeting a couple of weeks back the only thing on the agenda was race options for June 6th where previously at the race programme AGM the members had voted to go with the SNFC to the inland national which subsequently ended up with Billericay in favour of the status quo Buckingham, the delegates present discussed the pros and cons of this and the possibility of alternatives for that weekend or whether to go to Billercay and decided to leave this decision with the members at an EGM which was held today where again the agenda was race options for June 6th.

At the meeting today the subject was given was given a fair airing and the outcome was that the members decided not to go with the SNFC to Billericay on June 6th in favour of going Peterborough in our own transporters and where this race will be included within the federation programme and averages, this decision was made with support of an overwhelming majority of the members present.

At the delegates meeting a couple of weeks back the only thing on the agenda was race options for June 6th where previously at the race programme AGM the members had voted to go with the SNFC to the inland national which subsequently ended up with Billericay in favour of the status quo Buckingham, the delegates present discussed the pros and cons of this and the possibility of alternatives for that weekend or whether to go to Billercay and decided to leave this decision with the members at an EGM which was held today where again the agenda was race options for June 6th.

At the meeting today the subject was given was given a fair airing and the outcome was that the members decided not to go with the SNFC to Billericay on June 6th in favour of going Peterborough in our own transporters and where this race will be included within the federation programme and averages, this decision was made with support of an overwhelming majority of the members present.

Thanks for thr update Davie

Probably a good thing for Lanakrshire, I think it would probably be better if more feds would fly their 300/400 ml races on their own.

If they cant afford it (not cost effective] then convoy with another fed maybe two other feds and share the costs.

I believe the pigeons racing into their own area will get a better line and will stand them in good stead for the future particularly the yearlings. I honestly think they would be better prepared for channel racing as 2yo & 3 yo

jmo. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Buckingham was never the status quo, it was only used as Billericay was not available for that race.

Buckingham was never the status quo, it was only used as Billericay was not available for that race.

Yes you are correct naedoos, but as we did not race from Billericay and and never have done but did race from Buckingham in 2014 then that's the status quo, however it is a trivial point and not worth debating.

Yes you are correct naedoos, but as we did not race from Billericay and and never have done but did race from Buckingham in 2014 then that's the status quo, however it is a trivial point and not worth debating.

I agree it's not worth debating as it was never voted on to change it so could never be the status quo! It was a committee decision to change it due to circumstances.

I'm sure I have a spare rule book, can maybe send it through, help you guys through there conduct your meetings properly ;)

I agree it's not worth debating as it was never voted on to change it so could never be the status quo! It was a committee decision to change it due to circumstances.

I'm sure I have a spare rule book, can maybe send it through, help you guys through there conduct your meetings properly ;)

Probably it wouldn't go wrong but think maybe you should hang onto it just in case the guys in your area need to refer to it

Probably it wouldn't go wrong but think maybe you should hang onto it just in case the guys in your area need to refer to it

Did say I had a "spare" one but you're probably correct it'll get more use here. Your guys probably wouldn't know what it was anyway :animatedpigeons: