Snfc

dkj

No need to say any more on this subject ,it's just all about best chance of winning , no matter the cost .

i lost as many pigeons on the east side with the snfc as i have on the west side. but its good to talk stu. bring on the shows keeps doo men together again

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i lost as many pigeons on the east side with the snfc as i have on the west side. but its good to talk stu. bring on the shows keeps doo men together again

That's why it's a great sport davie we all have different ways to success , but real men don't fall out over a difference of opinions ,hope to see you and John at clarkston soon pal.

I believe the truth of the matter is that the national went east in the French racepoints in an attempt to encourage more Lanarkshire and west coast fanciers to join with the advantageous distance which has not proved to be the case.

Rennes was and still is the magic race point and we should definately drop the money making excercise "Inland Races" which has been detrimental to long distance racing into Scotland. The only inland race the National should organise is a Yearling only race from the coast.

There would not be just a few hundred if the inland races were done away with at national level

Just about to point that out Vincent , these inland races are hurting the main events IMHO. Years ago if you wanted a go at THE national it was a Chanel race you sent to , now most are happy to have a go at the Inland s and stop .

There would not be just a few hundred if the inland races were done away with at national level

Just about to point that out Vincent , these inland races are hurting the main events IMHO. Years ago if you wanted a go at THE national it was a Chanel race you sent to , now most are happy to have a go at the Inland s and stop .

I agree with both of you, the inland nationals have killed Fed open and duplication races at distances of 300 - 360 mls , for me the Nats should only have four channel races the same tried and tested way it used to be done and if they lose money then the birdage would need to increase to cover any shortfall

Before the inland Nats existed the norm would be to race your yearlings to 300 mls plus with your federation which would set them up for channel races with the Nat as 2 year olds, IMO if we returned to this the entries for fed races at this distance would double, the returns would be better, with the knock on effect being more 2 year olds and older birds left to compete in Nat channel races on a yearly and ongoing basis JMHO

got to cater for all imo if the guys are happy sending to 500 ml disaster after disaster thats their choise others are happy to go to the coast and watch their birds tumble in and go to the clocks with a smile on their face rather than waiting for three days for a timer and think its brilliant to get them when you could of probably walked it home quicker but each to their own its not all about distance its about enjoyment imo check back some of the recent distance race results they speak for themselfs ps its the same kack on here year on year race routes race points advantages for some disadvantages for others cancel inlands etc etc boring :scotland: :scotland:

speaking for my own fed 285 to buckingham and 245 to maidstone not enough doos to even pay he fuel for the transporter and we have over 200 members so if the national pulled the plug on the inlands we would be goosed and we arent alone

speaking for my own fed 285 to buckingham and 245 to maidstone not enough doos to even pay he fuel for the transporter and we have over 200 members so if the national pulled the plug on the inlands we would be goosed and we arent alone

If the National pulled the plug why would you be goosed?

We aren't alone, so you would have to talk to the others.

Enter the middle distance combines. There is always a way Ricky.

Federation amalgamation / joint convoying, if only the fancy would stop burying their heads in the sand and look outside their own back yard !!

Ricky that's when joint convoying comes into play , 240 from Ayrshire the same from Glasgow same from south Lanark , 500 from big Lanark , there's 1200 pigeons all coming into the same area. Oh and when was the last time they tumbled into anywhere from the I lands unless it's a blow home , more so the west .fk me youse where struggling to get them at half distance this year ,def not tumbling in .

"Only place that it counts" Aye until a decision has to be made then it's man mind thy self.

The president has a PERSONAL agenda to change things for the betterment of himself and (despite ALL advice to the contrary from fellow committee members) he persists in following this course and IMO that makes him unfit for office. That and the fact he couldnae run a raffle never mind an AGM.

The club is a shambles and if their life depended on it, the present incumbents couldn't find a good idea to IMPROVE the club if it kicked them right up the A**E.

There have been decisions that were needing took each of the last 2 seasons and the record is 100% WRONG each time.

If you think thats the case John, then you should come and vote him out at the AGM, doesnt matter what get said on these forums it arses on seats at the meetngs that count so as I said get to the AGM and if you have a better man for President, get him proposed and seconded and then voted in and lets see if it makes the National a better club.

Ricky that's when joint convoying comes into play , 240 from Ayrshire the same from Glasgow same from south Lanark , 500 from big Lanark , there's 1200 pigeons all coming into the same area. Oh and when was the last time they tumbled into anywhere from the I lands unless it's a blow home , more so the west .fk me youse where struggling to get them at half distance this year ,def not tumbling in .

i know what your saying stu but cant see it happening spoke about this last year and nowt came of it

i know what your saying stu but cant see it happening spoke about this last year and nowt came of it

That's prob because we were all going on different. Routes , plus it would help it work if there was no inland national races .or maybe just the one .