food for thought  S.N.F.C

I,ve said it before that it saddens me the way our organisations are run, and why. We all say we want younger people into the sport, well we are not going the right way about it. I,ve been racing for 3 years and to be honest, i,m bloody sick the way things are. The stubourn people within the sport have caused all this. I,m left to fly my birds in a shambolic way, when i fly a national that is what i want to do, not a half national. We in this country fought for many years to be a country of our own, which we have. But now internal feuds are destrying everything, why the hall can we not all become one great nation again. Before anyone says because of this and that, just take a minute to ask yourself, what damage are we doing to each other? We all say pigeon sport is dying, well take a close look at yourselves and ask, am i helping it die. I,m in fife where there is 2 federations which just doubles my frustration, in the present climate, we need to unite and unite as one. For the sake of the sport it needs to be done. Speaking about it here isnt going to make it happen, letters and meetings need to be arranged, for the ball to start rolling. I realy hope we can get our sport back on track and bring back the good old days. It might just might start to turn a huge corner to building the sport back up again, but it needs the support from within. yours, alex.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin
why doesnt the snfc let people join who are affiliated to any organisation not just the shu. the biggest problem wasnt ets it was the shu

So what was wrong with the SHU in the first place after all they have served the sport well in Scotland for many years.

it wasnt the shu at all it was the fact that certain people wanted control but when they couldnt get it through the democratic process then they broke away and as usual instead of people making up their own mind they followed the people who broke away there are people in east lothian who were served with 40 years bans because they said no by these jokers thats the mentality you are dealing with

The SNFC could still be governed by the shu and let others who wish to join be part of any other reconised union they wish.And with doing so the SNFC would possibly gain the lost membership.

I've only been involved for the last couple of years and don't know what caused all the problems, nor am I interested in knowing. But I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in Scotland would want their money to go into any other recognised union, unless it was another Scottish one??? This is why none of it makes any sense to me as  it's meant to be a "Scottish National"  :-/

I've only been involved for the last couple of years and don't know what caused all the problems, nor am I interested in knowing. But I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in Scotland would want their money to go into any other recognised union, unless it was another Scottish one??? This is why none of it makes any sense to me as  it's meant to be a "Scottish National"  :-/

Well said m8 ;)

:-/

This is about bringing the two factions together.If there is to be progress concessions will have to be made,if not well we will just continue to be divided and have the two nationals in scotland. :-/ :-/

:-/

This is about bringing the two factions together.If there is to be progress concessions will have to be made,if not well we will just continue to be divided and have the two nationals in scotland. :-/ :-/

I agree with you up to a point, concessions will have to be made if we are to progress! The part I can't understand is why you wish to be part of an English union. I'm not being anti-english it's just with seeing all the English guys on here and knowing how many Nationals they have, I don't see many of them wanting to join the SHU to fly in their chosen National :-/

I agree with you up to a point, concessions will have to be made if we are to progress! The part I can't understand is why you wish to be part of an English union. I'm not being anti-english it's just with seeing all the English guys on here and knowing how many Nationals they have, I don't see many of them wanting to join the SHU to fly in their chosen National :-/

You do not have to be part of any union you dont want to.but there are 400 or so that do.And for these fanciers to unite or merge, allowing them to fly under any union of their choice is the only way progress will be made.

Knoxjohnston  was spot,on it appears when certain people lost  the well paid job and the prestige that came with the position , they hoped that if they could use ETS  to terrify fanciers [ who had little or no knowledge about ETS] and the majority would desert the SHU.

As Knoxjohnston stated the same people nearly  destroyed the EAST OF SCOTLAND FED and appeared to throw the Constitution & Rules out the window. The same people when given the opportunity to come along to demonstrate how the could cheat the ETS chickened out.

We must all abide by The Constitution &Rules and not manipulate other people and take them into situations they did not understand in the first place.

All decent minded fanciers should work together and reunite the Scottish Pigeon Racing and move forward.

why dosent someone put it forward at the snfc agm,that as long as your loft is located in scotland no matter what union they can fly they can be a member of the snfc.

well well we now find a person , who has come up with the same idea that was put forward 4 years ago past , listen mate i applaud you for attempting to put this on this site,thats exactly how the decision was these years ago ,when rule 2 was put forward for change ,the rule was that (in order to be a member of the SNFC YOU HAD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE SHU ) What we proposed was an addition of four words to this of (AND ANY OTHER

ORGANISATION ) it was defeated by a 2/3 majority  end of story and that is the true facts none of this sh--e of ETS or anything else the shu were the sole reason for the change of

everything it took 3 agm,s and a number of visits to the shu offices , and there was no

joy of where the cash went and all you guys who hide under the same umbrella , don,t want to talk about it because its in your backcourt , but your right ATLANTIC , THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE NATIONAL IF THE RULE 2 HAD BEEN CHANGED, (AND ANY OTHER ORGANISATION)

well well we now find a person , who has come up with the same idea that was put forward 4 years ago past , listen mate i applaud you for attempting to put this on this site,thats exactly how the decision was these years ago ,when rule 2 was put forward for change ,the rule was that (in order to be a member of the SNFC YOU HAD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE SHU ) What we proposed was an addition of four words to this of (AND ANY OTHER

ORGANISATION ) it was defeated by a 2/3 majority  end of story and that is the true facts none of this sh--e of ETS or anything else the shu were the sole reason for the change of

everything it took 3 agm,s and a number of visits to the shu offices , and there was no

joy of where the cash went and all you guys who hide under the same umbrella , don,t want to talk about it because its in your backcourt , but your right ATLANTIC , THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE NATIONAL IF THE RULE 2 HAD BEEN CHANGED, (AND ANY OTHER ORGANISATION)

i'v still got yir dummy (evil)

The vote was very close, why didnt you all stay with the SNFC and propose it for the following years AGM. I am sure the vote would have been favourable the following year, after everybody had time to think about things.Instead, you all walked out and started another National. A bit petty, to say the least.

If I wanted to join the NFC I would first have to join the RPRA so why is it fine for the NFC to have the one ruling body and not the SNFC. In fact to be in any of the National Clubs based in England you have to firstly become a member of the RPRA so why should we be any different , to suit a small number of individuals who are suspended and as it stands are allowed to race with the RPRA .

The vote was very close, why didnt you all stay with the SNFC and propose it for the following years AGM. I am sure the vote would have been favourable the following year, after everybody had time to think about things.Instead, you all walked out and started another National. A bit petty, to say the least.

you may think s o derek but we left probably under the impression we were not going to move you , after all there was an exceptional turn out andsome of them who were dead against what had happened at the shu were for backing us but turned there backs against us and they were members of fife fed , we also needed to get the feel of the members who disagreed as well we didn,t just set it up right away it took months, and a lot of hard work we have done a magnificent job in the years and are very proud people of what we have achieved , its very hard to accommadate everyone and when you fall foul to the powers that be , then you just get on with such matters and go for bust,