Heads Up Thurso

Tony C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamsie

NRCC 05.40 429 to me, whats the weather like en route guys

Weather is closing in fast from West to East across Glasgow & Lanarkshire over the last hour with very poor visibility. Hope the birds don't get caught in it or they will go to ground i think. :-(

Guest paulrstokes

Weather is closing in fast from West to East across Glasgow & Lanarkshire over the last hour with very poor visibility. Hope the birds don't get caught in it or they will go to ground i think. :-(

Lets hope they are well past that

Well done Wiley. :)

Paul, I'm usually a bit on the late side, but I'll post when mine arrives into Ayrshire. We were libbed before you today, probably because we were flying into the bad weather front and in an attempt to beat it. Failed miserably. It is grey overcast here and light rain. Even though I live on a hilltop, I don't expect it will be much better on the lower ground. Just hope he makes it through. :)

Well done Wiley. :)

Paul, I'm usually a bit on the late side, but I'll post when mine arrives into Ayrshire. We were libbed before you today, probably because we were flying into the bad weather front and in an attempt to beat it. Failed miserably. It is grey overcast here and light rain. Even though I live on a hilltop, I don't expect it will be much better on the lower ground. Just hope he makes it through. :)

terrible hear andy

I know of two to the same guy by 13.30, but don't know the times. Don't know if it's who you are talking about, but the ones I've heard are JLD's. :)

They are definitely scarce which makes me think NRCC have caught us and they have went on down south.

Just got mine at 10.30.

New idea is that they may be still in the North. With the early lib, they may have been caught in the rolling hill mists.

Mine was well flown, so goodness knows where he was, but at least he is back. :)

Around 20% returns in race time with a few more reported home today already. :)

Just got mine at 10.30.

New idea is that they may be still in the North. With the early lib, they may have been caught in the rolling hill mists.

Mine was well flown, so goodness knows where he was, but at least he is back. :)

Around 20% returns in race time with a few more reported home today already. :)

5 AM seemed just a wee bit early to me. Perhaps a good Idea in future would be to let the large convoy clear out first. This is only if this can be done. This is not a criticism by any means.

Normally they liberate 30 minutes to 1 hour before us. Why we liberated 40 minutes before them beats me. I expect 5.00 was too early for them and our race controllers had a rush of blood worrying about the weather front moving in from the west and thought the early lib would beat it.

One of our pigeons reported in Inverurie, so looks like they may have stayed in the north caught in the hill mists, etc.

We will probably never be told why we were liberated before them. :)

Just one of these things Andy. Unfortunately you will never completely know the logic behind any decision which is a pity.

I know the controller of one federation prepares a report as he goes along and mails this to the secretary at the time of liberation.

That protects him and allows the committee to understand his logic. It also ensures that information for any enquiry into a poor race is readily available and cannot be corrupted after the event.

Normally they liberate 30 minutes to 1 hour before us. Why we liberated 40 minutes before them beats me. I expect 5.00 was too early for them and our race controllers had a rush of blood worrying about the weather front moving in from the west and thought the early lib would beat it.

One of our pigeons reported in Inverurie, so looks like they may have stayed in the north caught in the hill mists, etc.

We will probably never be told why we were liberated before them. :)

you explaned it yourself yesterday andy (post 35 this thread )

you said that your birds prob went 1st as the weather your end was due to close in

and the east coast was clear, so the other birds didn't need to go as early