Hi

We the membership who take the time to attend the AGM

are the people that make the decisions and we voted

NOT TO GO TO BUCKINGHAM but now we are

this is all wrong, heads should roll

and lets start with the tree top

Cheers

Homer 49

That is pure distortion of the facts. The vote was for 2 race programs, not race vs race, and certainly NOT about not going to any specific race point. Buckingham was proposed on 1 of those programs put to the AGM and was therefore a legitimate consideration when the chosen race point Billericay later became unavailable.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pure distortion of the facts. The vote was for 2 race programs, not race vs race, and certainly NOT about not going to any specific race point. Buckingham was proposed on 1 of those programs put to the AGM and was therefore a legitimate consideration when the chosen race point Billericay later became unavailable.

Haven't heard anyone actually saying they want to go to Buckingham yet, so my understanding of that is the committee need to look at WHY ????? No one wants to go there for the 1st inland national.

Well you make sure you go to the next AGM and I,ll propose you for the committee along with Mr Johnstone then I,ll come on here and knock you at every turn, you are all very vocal on the forums but when it comes to the meeting just sit there and let others do the work

Hi

Well thank you my name is Alex Blyth SNFC 5023

Now you be there and propose me

Cheers

Homer 49

Bye the way what's your name?

Hi

The only difference in the 2 programs was

Buckingham and Billericay and one date change

Buckingham was a committee proposal not

from the members

Cheers

Homer 49

Ian, That is not correct. I proposed the race program, because the only difference between the 2 proposed programmes was Billericay/Buckingham. I suggested to change my programme to Buckingham instead off Billericay. This was shot down in flames immediately I had said it by the members present at the meeting.

John B

To my mind the first inland national racepoint was the least significant when viewing the race programmes up for discussion at the AGM.

Had the committee's suggested programme incorporated Alencon and Clermont as Friday races, it was the best 7 race programme I'd seen for the club. The main advantage being Ypres was three weeks after Maidstone, a week before Clermont and on a different weekend from the longest race.

Something I'd like the committee men on here to think about is proposing the exact same programme next year,with Alencon and Clermont scheduled for a Friday, and the first Inland racepoint as Peterborough.

Peterborough would benefit the club no end in my opinion. Without looking particularly hard I know of at least three federations that will be there the same day as Buckingham and many more at a similar distance.

In theory it would maximise entries and the returns from this racepoint would far surpass those from the likes of Newbury or similar distance, which would in turn have a knock on effect in the following races.

I've spoken to a number of people who believe the first inland national to be too far for Scottish pigeon racing in the present day.I've said as long as I've been a member on this forum the race should be removed from the calendar, but I accept it's obviously here to stay and in monetary terms I think Peterborough makes sense and could go a long way to keeping costs down for the SNFC as well Scottish federations.

It's a sad day when snfc members are talking like this about an inland training race I refuse to call them a national race shows the change in the club do away with both and make Ypres the 1st race let's get back to what wee do best ok let's here from all the sprint/middle distance iam expecting a slaughtering but JMO

I have on many occasions posted that all inland races should be Federation or Combine run.. NOT National races for the benefit of sprint or middle distance fanciers. I will maintain that the change of the SNFC Constitution was and has been a disaster since its inaugeration.

It's a sad day when snfc members are talking like this about an inland training race I refuse to call them a national race shows the change in the club do away with both and make Ypres the 1st race let's get back to what wee do best ok let's here from all the sprint/middle distance iam expecting a slaughtering but JMO

You are spot on Frank.

no slaughtering from here Frank . make Ypres the first race the weekend set out for Maidstone and take it from there .

Well said.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Thinking I might just do that George, should have done what I intended last year and came off.

You love the grief and stress that the job brings...lol

Thinking I might just do that George, should have done what I intended last year and came off.

You have never agreed way any member when they bring something constructive you just moan about why don't you no go on committee no wonder everyone tells you to sit down Bobby :animatedpigeons:

Some might find my response a bit strange considering i have little or no interest in the Inland Nationals and wouldn't miss them one bit if they were thrown out, BUT!! a National club should appeal to, and cater for, everyone in the country including the sprint/mid distance fanciers. We (distance minded fanciers) have 4 channel races to send to, and no one holds a gun to our heads to enter these shorter races, however i think that there should be separate Averages to compete for within the club that would identify the best fanciers at the different distances raced at by the members.

Maybe one set of averages for the 2 Inlands plus Ypres, and another set for the other 3 longer channel races plus Ypres. I think Ypres should count in both as it is on the long side of Mid distance into the central belt, but it is very much a long distance race for fanciers farther North, and it is still a Channel race for everyone regardless of distance. That way there is something for everyone to race for. JMO.