SNFC Maidstone

clockman

ye would have thought that the dowels would be secure on the baskets , so that means the aliminium dowels can be lifted out then put back , a dont know about lifting them the wrong way but they are awkward bassas to lift especially of the floor as you need to get your finders under the basket to lift unles you have the back where the dowel are and as you say with the weight of birds the bottomcould maby sage and loosen the dowels a couple of handle slots in the sides would help .

Thres quite a few uing geraldy baskets so would be good to look at them all

Rab at our fed open day to unveil our new transporters we were warned about lifting the baskets fae the back as the basket can spread and dowels can fall out become loose ..i am sure this is not the 1st time dowels will have came loose on a geraldy baskets but we need to make sure we lift them correctly mate just in case

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also if you squeeze the doweling together they bend very easily so be warned ,think its a thing that should be looked at , possibly a welded spar in the centre of the back portion of the crate .

I'm gonna miss the race as I told the wife I would take her away for few days! Heading down London area tomorrow mornin till wed.

Just need to watch the race unfold from my phone!

Where's the camp site in London lol

Guest bigda

we in coatbridge use 2 lifting tools made by one of our members it is made with 2 jay bolts with nuts and washers 2 holes are drilled in to a piece of conduit at 4 in center or there about, then you place the jay end into the side vents when lifting basket so there you have it cut piece of conduit 6" drill holes put on nut and washer send through hole in conduit them place another washer and nut and tighten down job done

Rab at our fed open day to unveil our new transporters we were warned about lifting the baskets fae the back as the basket can spread and dowels can fall out become loose ..i am sure this is not the 1st time dowels will have came loose on a geraldy baskets but we need to make sure we lift them correctly mate just in case

Well they sound like a real load of P*** then??

we in coatbridge use 2 lifting tools made by one of our members it is made with 2 jay bolts with nuts and washers 2 holes are drilled in to a piece of conduit at 4 in center or there about, then you place the jay end into the side vents when lifting basket so there you have it cut piece of conduit 6" drill holes put on nut and washer send through hole in conduit them place another washer and nut and tighten down job done

Saw these at Uddingston, perfect for lifting 2 and 3 crates.

Well they sound like a real load of P*** then??

And to think some people wanted to use these things for national racing sounds like they could do with a wielder at them and that won't even sort them because you can still bend the dowelling (gas burner down the middle )

Guest Gareth Rankin

And to think some people wanted to use these things for national racing sounds like they could do with a wielder at them and that won't even sort them because you can still bend the dowelling (gas burner down the middle )

your on a different planet.

Guest bigda

And to think some people wanted to use these things for national racing sounds like they could do with a wielder at them and that won't even sort them because you can still bend the doweling (gas burner down the middle )

if the doweling can be bent that would only happen if it is done internally at the race site end, as i am sure it would be noticed when the birds are getting lifted on to the transporter, and the only one having access to the inside is the driver conveyor, the biggest safety fear is if anyone is at the front end of the truck they can bend the plastic glass from the one side, and put his hand in and take a bird out as the baskets only have string and seal on the one side. hope they take note and drill another hole in the glass panel.animatedpigeons.gif

Guest Gareth Rankin

Your correct about lifting them correctly Alan, haven't tested the metal bar that runs along the dowelling with spot welds and don't intend too either. Though would imagine that this will bring greater stability to the dowelling. Lets not forget that this company has being building modern transporters for 30 years, and yet you get the cranks that come on here and question it, who know nothing about them.

At newmains they place the baskets on a 2x2 and lift them by the bottom.

We'll know when they're due in the west - just wait til the first doos in Edinburgh and add a couple hours ;)

Best of luck all in every section - will be a good stiff race and the winning birds will separate from the bunch so the cream will certainly rise in each section/area

Baz

Your correct about lifting them correctly Alan, haven't tested the metal bar that runs along the dowelling with spot welds and don't intend too either. Though would imagine that this will bring greater stability to the dowelling. Lets not forget that this company has being building modern transporters for 30 years, and yet you get the cranks that come on here and question it, who know nothing about them.

Gareth if thats where a bird or birds have escaped from i would think it does need looking at , also if birds can get out folk can get in . Have used geraldie crates for quite a few years and to be honest have never noticed them loose but do know they are very easily bent if they get bumped .