Almost Wiped Out

john cumming

i dont know where you guys are training from but in inverurie its been baltic in fact i dont think any of the club that has trained yet a part from an odd one the cold east winds no sun ect can be a disaster

we are starting far too early the seasons have changed first week end in may would be early enough

i hope you guys get a few more back best of luck

Was doing the same this time last year .Winds were in to north east for weeks but it was a good deal warmer.Hope you lads see them all back today.just glad I am over in 95f best thing is I would have been tossing them too had I been home.Is racing being put back due to this cold blasts?

Guest lambrechts31

i dont know where you guys are training from but in inverurie its been baltic in fact i dont think any of the club that has trained yet a part from an odd one the cold east winds no sun ect can be a disaster

we are starting far too early the seasons have changed first week end in may would be early enough

i hope you guys get a few more back best of luck

The weather in glasgow was very wet with strong east winds up to about 1 o clock, then sun came out but still windy, so if it was anything like that im not surprised a lot was knocked off course, but hope they all return safely guys........

just went a few mile south west of the town, the sun was out strong westerly wind veering south westerly they shouldve been blown home in minutes and it certainly was not cold, 1 back this morning, all these birds have flown between 130 & 500 mile last year, and had already had 3 x 20 mile tosses in the last week or so, very strange, seems like a lot of ppl took a hit yesterday, its like gettin a boot n the b***s.

john

just went a few mile south west of the town, the sun was out strong westerly wind veering south westerly they shouldve been blown home in minutes and it certainly was not cold, 1 back this morning, all these birds have flown between 130 & 500 mile last year, and had already had 3 x 20 mile tosses in the last week or so, very strange, seems like a lot of ppl took a hit yesterday, its like gettin a boot n the b***s.

john

still early in the day , keep hoping .

sent 32 birds for a short training toss yesterday at 2.30pm, less than 10 miles, only 9 back, 23 awol?? gutted, times like this you feel like calling it a day , season wrecked before its begun??

john

Trouble is John once we get a bit of decent weather every one and their auntie’s training which takes the birds off line and if there fit they chase other batches. And get into trouble. Hope there back soon mate. Regards Bernie

The late Andy Durning Lanarkshire race controller once told me never to liberate racers or trainers when the wind was greater than 35 mph for old birds and 30 mph for youngsters. Yesterday we had gusts in excess of 45 mph.

I wish you well and hope they have not been blown to far off course.

I am now one cock short and all my hens made it. These pigeons had a lot of groundwork last season and were raced right through although not one of them overnighted but it was a pleasure to watch them drop in one at a time this morning.

Whether you believe in the possibility or not I will leave up to yourselves, but Bilco posted on another site about a solar storm which was due to affect us between the 12th and 16th of April. Not the first time that this sort of thing has coincided with a warning about happenings of a Solar nature.

Hope you get them all back,

Steve