HOMER49

Hi

The cable that connects the base station to a computer

The DB9 female to female is this cable a straight through

or cross over by this I mean the pin holes are

1to1 2to2 ect or 1to9 2to8 ect

Cheers

Homer 49

Bit lost on what your asking here but I will tell you what my cable is like if thats any good to you,the one end as a normal USB connection on to go into the computer, at the other end of this part of the cable is a 9 pin male connection which then goes into a 9pin female connection with another 9pin female connection on the other end which goes into the base station,hope that helps.

Bit lost on what your asking here but I will tell you what my cable is like if thats any good to you,the one end as a normal USB connection on to go into the computer, at the other end of this part of the cable is a 9 pin male connection which then goes into a 9pin female connection with another 9pin female connection on the other end which goes into the base station,hope that helps.

Hi

Here is what Iam on about

Specifications:

Null Modem Cable

D9 Female to D9 Female

28awg

Foil shield and drain

Gold Flashed Contacts

OD 4mm

5 Metres

Moulded

Wiring Specifications:

pin 2 - pin 3

pin 3 - pin 2

pin 4 - pin 6

pin 5 - pin 5

pin 6 - pin 4

pin 7 - pin 8

pin 8 - pin 7

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi

Or this

High Quality 1 Meter DB9 Female 9Pin to F RS232 Serial Cable Lead

Introduction: RS232 serial leads are commonly used for connecting peripheral equipments such as modems and printers to PC. Specifically designed to support RS-232/Serial communications, prevents unwanted EMI/RFI interferences. The fully molded cable design delivers excellent strain relief, while connector thumbscrews provide a quick and easy connection every time

All lines are wired straight through

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi Thanks

The cable supplied by Unikon has heavy silver ends which can

be dismantaled cant help wondering if Unikon reconfigured

the wiring

Is anybody not using the cable supplied by Unikon

Cheers

Homer 49

HiHere is what Iam on aboutSpecifications:Null Modem CableD9 Female to D9 Female28awgFoil shield and drainGold Flashed ContactsOD 4mm5 MetresMouldedWiring Specifications:pin 2 - pin 3pin 3 - pin 2pin 4 - pin 6pin 5 - pin 5pin 6 - pin 4pin 7 - pin 8pin 8 - pin 7 CheersHomer 49

HiOr thisHigh Quality 1 Meter DB9 Female 9Pin to F RS232 Serial Cable Lead Introduction: RS232 serial leads are commonly used for connecting peripheral equipments such as modems and printers to PC. Specifically designed to support RS-232/Serial communications, prevents unwanted EMI/RFI interferences. The fully molded cable design delivers excellent strain relief, while connector thumbscrews provide a quick and easy connection every timeAll lines are wired straight through CheersHomer 49

blimey its a pigeon site not "intelligent electrical anonymous" forum :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The cable you have detailed is a cross, but the simple way is to take it to bits and copy! 9 pin d and cat6 can be bought at maplin and yer local tele man will sort it if ye give him these details

Hi Steven

Yes simple if I had one to copy but club

secretary fryed our base station :crying: and everything

is away back to Unikon

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi Steven

Yes simple if I had one to copy but club

secretary fryed our base station :crying: and everything

is away back to Unikon

Cheers

Homer 49

I see, ask unikon for a wiring diagram and I will make you one? is it on the net to view?

Further to that I made a lead for a member in Lockerbie club and there was only 4 pins connected from the nine and two of them wer linked

I see, ask unikon for a wiring diagram and I will make you one? is it on the net to view?

Further to that I made a lead for a member in Lockerbie club and there was only 4 pins connected from the nine and two of them wer linked

Hi

Thanks but still have really big soldering bolts

bakers flux and plummers solder so that should

work :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi

Thanks but still have really big soldering bolts

bakers flux and plummers solder so that should

work :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Cheers

Homer 49

NOOOOOOO LOL!!!burnt fingers???? Helping hands clips required and small tip iron????

Get someone on standby to run you to A&E!!!!!!

Don't think unikon will give you wiring diagram I asked them for it a couple years back and they said no