Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

so how doe,s this work with jim hannah davey eillot wee billy alison for they dont have any bother timeing in the west sec in the nats , jmo :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: oops and jock aliston

< well mr hay ill tell you these guys are on top of there game and they dont make excuses where they stay just good doo men and when you realise this you will move on, and stop being nasty and vindictive it is little wonder you cant get into glasgow fed , all the best in 2013 .

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin

Don't like the way this proposal by the president has been handled, from not taking no means no at last years agm, to dragging the AGM to his own back door which is the area that has most to gain, all very ungentlemanly in my opinion, i hope that the president sees the errors and withdraws his proposal.

The Uk lies North West to South East so why on earth should a proposal that has its boundaries running from North to south be passed, we race from South East to North West so if there are to be any boundarie changes then they must be done must using grid reference points with the Longtude and Latitude maps running from south east to north west it's the only and fairest way to do it.

Map is only to highlight that how as a country that we lie from South east to North west.

post-665-13570352167373_thumb.png

Guest Gareth Rankin

< well mr hay ill tell you these guys are on top of there game and they dont make excuses where they stay just good doo men and when you realise this you will move on, and stop being nasty and vindictive it is little wonder you cant get into glasgow fed , all the best in 2013 .

Hold on, Delboy has nothing to gain in dismissing this new proposal by the president, if this proposal gets carried then do you honestly believe that the guys in Ayr are wanting to fly against Derek who would have one section F 20 times in the last 10 years, it will help kill section F.

If anything Tiger, you should be applauding Derek for not wanting the proposal to get passed, all Derek is looking for is fair competion for himself and his fellow members, good on him for not wanting to take a route which would make it so much easier to get a section win.

Hold on, Delboy has nothing to gain in dismissing this new proposal by the president, if this proposal gets carried then do you honestly believe that the guys in Ayr are wanting to fly against Derek who would have one section F 20 times in the last 10 years, it will help kill section F.

If anything Tiger, you should be applauding Derek for not wanting the proposal to get passed, all Derek is looking for is fair competion for himself and his fellow members, good on him for not wanting to take a route which would make it so much easier to get a section win.

its the members that will decide at the agm not here and as for applauding i dont thinkso its up two member s of the snfc 2 make up there mind,s at the agm

Me personally I would do away with the sections and go back to the 4 north south east and west ,I stay in one of the most unfavourable places to fly into but just get on with it ,unless u have money to move east ,we should just fly our birds and be the best we can be.

Me personally I would do away with the sections and go back to the 4 north south east and west ,I stay in one of the most unfavourable places to fly into but just get on with it ,unless u have money to move east ,we should just fly our birds and be the best we can be.

common sence :emoticon-0137-clapping:

all the best for 2013 big man

Same to u John . Looking forward to it ,just hope fanciers see spence and don't vote for races etc just to suit where they live ,the big picture is if u have good races from certain points then don't move ,Ypres has been the best for returns in recent years also arras with the snrpc. Clermont has been hard but fair Reims a few years ago snfc was a good race then it gets changed mental. IMHO

Don't like the way this proposal by the president has been handled, from not taking no means no at last years agm, to dragging the AGM to his own back door which is the area that has most to gain, all very ungentlemanly in my opinion, i hope that the president sees the errors and withdraws his proposal.

The Uk lies North West to South East so why on earth should a proposal that has its boundaries running from North to south be passed, we race from South East to North West so if there are to be any boundarie changes then they must be done must using grid reference points with the Longtude and Latitude maps running from south east to north west it's the only and fairest way to do it.

Map is only to highlight that how as a country that we lie from South east to North west.

Bang on Gareth, that's exactly how I see it

Gareth, same with this, completely accurate, nowadays it's very hard getting an entry from the guys in Ayrshire so putting them in a section with guys from Lanarkshire / Dunbartonshire will only make things worse.

take a point on the south coast of england somewhere central as a refrence point

for all races ,as we cant change sections for every race

then take this point and make sections up on distance flown

eg- sec 1 250-300 sec 2 301-350 sec 3 351-400 sec 4 400 and upwards

this would be the fairest way as either west or east winds

the birds get their turn ,remember the winds change and we have had a good few national races with east in the wind

This was discussed at Committee level and the only one who thought it was a good idea was Phil Lynch, every other committee member was against it. So a 28 ml region makes it fairer, only until this passes then they will want it reduced to 14ml then 7 then 3 then everyone will have their own wee region to fly in. FF sake its a National Club, think we should go back to 4 sections, stuff the regions, North South East n West, thats what it was before and nae problems and thats what I,m going to propose from the floor as an ammendment to this proposal, Back to Basics.

I stated at this meeting that this would just about finish the SNFC and i for one will immediately apply to join the SNRPC if it gets passed. Its the most self serving proposal i can ever remember and the Committee made its feelings very clear to the president at the meeting that we DID NOT support him, and no one present would second it, but the President is determined to put the proposal up, as he is entitled to do, however if the committee members are a reflection of the members feelings from across the country it will get short shrift at the meeting regardless of where the meeting is held.

I stated at this meeting that this would just about finish the SNFC and i for one will immediately apply to join the SNRPC if it gets passed. Its the most self serving proposal i can ever remember and the Committee made its feelings very clear to the president at the meeting that we DID NOT support him, and no one present would second it, but the President is determined to put the proposal up, as he is entitled to do, however if the committee members are a reflection of the members feelings from across the country it will get short shrift at the meeting regardless of where the meeting is held.

Got to agree with you there it will def finish the snfc in the west sec if it goes through imo

have watched this thread unfold and it does appear that the general feeling with regards regional change is one of status quo!!!!!!!!! although not having my national stuff through yet i cant really say too much at the moment, each race making a loss, subs up (proposal) as i have been told are a worry and require everyones attention. :( :( :(

would also say that some comments on this thread have been rude,crass and certainly unsporting and should have no place on a thread regarding the above club or any.:mad:will await my national envelope. ;)

Read through this as well and I'll stick to what I touched on earlier in this thread.

All this is a distraction from the things that really matter and things that could potentially make racing fairer.

Keep telling myself not to get involved in these conversations :emoticon-0136-giggle: but to me the problems lie with the inland nationals.NO PB member has given an example thus far on this thread of unfair channel races, but a number of members have stated figures regarding inland nationals.How these races into an area that covers nearly 200 miles from top to bottom and is 120 mile wide at points can be classed as fair is beyond me.

Listened to a number of experienced fanciers who are pro inland nationals and I am still not convinced.To me they are one of the worst things thats happened to the SNFC.This of course is only my opinion and I would never fall out with someone over the matter.

Again having seen what I can see and speaking to a number of experienced fanciers I believe a real factor that would be of benefit to the fairness of national races for the majority is a change of racing line.

Perhaps not nice to say it as obviously race points such as Rennes,Nantes,Avranches and Sartilly made our club what it is, but I feel we should leave France behind and make the future of Scottish National racing Belgium.

As for encouraging members to join,send and support I think the membership fee structure needs to changed dramatically.Would like to see a sort of pay per race policy introduced and prize money divied between say the first three in each section.It amazes me that there is an organisation in my area where 100 birds can be racing from 400miles for a £1000 first prize and the national,with all our resources, can't compete with such a race on the prize money front.

Read through this as well and I'll stick to what I touched on earlier in this thread.

All this is a distraction from the things that really matter and things that could potentially make racing fairer.

Keep telling myself not to get involved in these conversations :emoticon-0136-giggle: but to me the problems lie with the inland nationals.NO PB member has given an example thus far on this thread of unfair channel races, but a number of members have stated figures regarding inland nationals.How these races into an area that covers nearly 200 miles from top to bottom and is 120 mile wide at points can be classed as fair is beyond me.

Listened to a number of experienced fanciers who are pro inland nationals and I am still not convinced.To me they are one of the worst things thats happened to the SNFC.This of course is only my opinion and I would never fall out with someone over the matter.

Again having seen what I can see and speaking to a number of experienced fanciers I believe a real factor that would be of benefit to the fairness of national races for the majority is a change of racing line.

Perhaps not nice to say it as obviously race points such as Rennes,Nantes,Avranches and Sartilly made our club what it is, but I feel we should leave France behind and make the future of Scottish National racing Belgium.

As for encouraging members to join,send and support I think the membership fee structure needs to changed dramatically.Would like to see a sort of pay per race policy introduced and prize money divied between say the first three in each section.It amazes me that there is an organisation in my area where 100 birds can be racing from 400miles for a £1000 first prize and the national,with all our resources, can't compete with such a race on the prize money front.

luis why not them that is wanting a race from 4 ta 500 miles think about the ayrshire fanciers and fly a nice stiff race from the faroe isle and that would even things out since the inland races began but we all know what the answer would be theres water ta crossma doos hivna there sea legs , wait a minute we canna ha, that why make it a race worthy of a NATIONAL ha ha ha , also the national race programe should come from floor at AGM ???

luis why not them that is wanting a race from 4 ta 500 miles think about the ayrshire fanciers and fly a nice stiff race from the faroe isle and that would even things out since the inland races began but we all know what the answer would be theres water ta crossma doos hivna there sea legs , wait a minute we canna ha, that why make it a race worthy of a NATIONAL ha ha ha , also the national race programe should come from floor at AGM ???

:emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

Have a read at these performances.Timing in birds from the Faroe Islands-802miles :o

http://www.elimarpigeons.com/Article3/GeorgeStubbsTheMasterPigeoner.htm

Fantastic lewis how can fanciers reading these achievements not want ta have a real go at achieving such performances ? And ta top it look at his loft you could get starlings through the mesh wire , and this was in the 30ties what has this Scottish national racing come ta i ask ye cant say its NATIONALS THESE INLAND RACES ????

Fantastic lewis how can fanciers reading these achievements not want ta have a real go at achieving such performances ? And ta top it look at his loft you could get starlings through the mesh wire , and this was in the 30ties what has this Scottish national racing come ta i ask ye cant say its NATIONALS THESE INLAND RACES ????

you are right Walter, the SNFC is for middle distance racing and the SNRPC, is for long distance racing