Cat Detterent

aye ready

hi all,after months of getting plagued with cats i'm now at the end of my tether after one came over the roof of my loft into the birds while i was there thankfully doing no damage,but it's coming near racing season where my birds have to come home from training and come into the loft on their own accord cos i have to work and although having no problems in previous years this year i have my doubt's anyway i seen the cat detterent advertised in the BHW by paul smith and just wondered if anyone had purchased this detterent and did they find it useful and would appreciate their feedback if they don't mind

atb martin

BEST THING I HAVE FOUND FOR CATS IS A .22 AIR RIFLE MARTIN A DUG WONT HELP IF THEY ARE ON TOP OF THE LOFT MATE.I USED TO BE A GREAT SHOT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER COULD KNOCK CANS OFF THE BACK FENCE 70YDS AWAY WITH THE RIFLE WE USED TO HAVE :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun:

THE ONLY SURE WAY IS AN ELECTRIC FENCING UNIT THER BOUT 100 QUID BUT WELL WORTH IT, IF GETTING ONE MAKE SURE YOU GET A MAINS POWERED UNIT NOT A BATTERY UNIT AS THEN YOU HAVE THE BOTHER OF KEEPING IT CHARGED, ONE KICK FROM THE FENCER AND MR CAT WONT BE BACK.

hi all,after months of getting plagued with cats i'm now at the end of my tether after one came over the roof of my loft into the birds while i was there thankfully doing no damage,but it's coming near racing season where my birds have to come home from training and come into the loft on their own accord cos i have to work and although having no problems in previous years this year i have my doubt's anyway i seen the cat detterent advertised in the BHW by paul smith and just wondered if anyone had purchased this detterent and did they find it useful and would appreciate their feedback if they don't mind

atb martin

I used the Paul Smith detterant but never found it totally reliable as some cats are very determined next door has three cats opposite two cats, My granddaughter asked me to look after her white rabbit three months ago and the cats don't seem to know what to make of her she is enclosed in the garden and the pigeons have become used to her,I have seen the cats look through the fence but never come into my garden which they certainly did she is a Norwegian dwarf needless to say she cant escape from the garden.

NO THEY DONT WORK ONLY IN A SMALL AREA THEY GET USED TO IT OR THERE DEAF I HAVE HAD ONE ITS NO GOOD IT HAS TO BE AS LOWAS POSSIBLE TO THE GROUND

IT DOSENT S

TOPTHEM COMING OVER THE LOFT ROOF

HOPE THIS HELPS

I used the Paul Smith detterant but never found it totally reliable as some cats are very determined next door has three cats opposite two cats, My granddaughter asked me to look after her white rabbit three months ago and the cats don't seem to know what to make of her she is enclosed in the garden and the pigeons have become used to her,I have seen the cats look through the fence but never come into my garden which they certainly did she is a Norwegian dwarf needless to say she cant escape from the garden.

wondered about that mate as it says in the advert that persistent cats may not be affected don't want to part with £75 for a thing thats totally ineffective

NO THEY DONT WORK ONLY IN A SMALL AREA THEY GET USED TO IT OR THERE DEAF I HAVE HAD ONE ITS NO GOOD IT HAS TO BE AS LOWAS POSSIBLE TO THE GROUND

IT DOSENT S

TOPTHEM COMING OVER THE LOFT ROOF

HOPE THIS HELPS

all the feedback is appreciated mate as i don't want to be forking out well earned money on something thats of no use

have one of off the bhw cant remember who made it worked a treat had about 12 cats in garden before i moved into house as house was idle for few months cats were useing back garden for all sorts at night lol

within a week of the scanner no more cats

one cat came back about 3 or 4 times that was it you see the hair on the back of neck standing up when they walk in front of the scanner

got one john but a bit too close to home :(

martin had a guy say two me ive got a wee black cat with a pink collor on it if comes in two ur garden just shoo it , he got told keep it out ma garden and there.s no a prob but if i catch it then prob is over ;)

it's only recently there's been an upsurge in cats in my area they get them for f**kall and then they can't be bothered with them and then they're outdoors at all times of the day in my garden and neighbours gardens just causing total disruption

martin had a guy say two me ive got a wee black cat with a pink collor on it if comes in two ur garden just shoo it , he got told keep it out ma garden and there.s no a prob but if i catch it then prob is over ;)

trying to avoid going down this route john but if it's a must then it will be :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

You know, I can never understand how A. any one can't keep cats of their lofts or in the garden.

How the same ole dreary dribble, see countless answers etc. are rehashed.

They'll spend rubbish money on 'Maybe's' and 'Ive Heard tells'

They spend loads on dosh on pigeons, feeds, remedies etc.

But can't see their way clear for an Electric fence! :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Gosh the times said on here about a £10 or less Car Battery Charger... Better than a electric fence one bys because it's constant instead of a Loop.

You know, I can never understand how A. any one can't keep cats of their lofts or in the garden.

How the same ole dreary dribble, see countless answers etc. are rehashed.

They'll spend rubbish money on 'Maybe's' and 'Ive Heard tells'

They spend loads on dosh on pigeons, feeds, remedies etc.

But can't see their way clear for an Electric fence! :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Gosh the times said on here about a £10 or less Car Battery Charger... Better than a electric fence one bys because it's constant instead of a Loop.

is that not what i'm trying to do roland never had a problem up until this close season with cats so if you would be so kind to supply me a website or firm that deals in electric fences then it would be most appreciated

martin

atb martin

Dont know what the Paul Smith one is, but I've got one that worked for me in the past when neighbour had up to 20 cats at times,(his daughters' worked in cat shelter and brought them home) your welcome to it if you like Martin? Haven't used it in years.