West Of Scotland Amal

Do you think a few of the West feds converging after say, 4 races and libBIng as a Amal or Combine would help with good racing AND the National send later on?? Is there any will to get this off the ground? some clubs in Renfrewshire at least, I know were sadly uncompetitive in quite a few races in 2011 3 members sending a handful of pigeons etc

surely NOW is the time to get the West's racing on some sort of health kick?

Ayrshire, Renfrewshire,Glasgow,Ballochmyle,Lanarkshire.....

???

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham - it needs to be all set up at this time of year. all of the fed committees meet and agree to put a race programme for next year to their membership. ie a proper meeting, everyone who should be there is there and concrete plans made. This season it was "i think we are going together, well...maybe if they still want to" it's not enough to guess what each other might do

The problem is people just dismiss it out of hand and then when racing comes around complain there's too small a convoy or not enough prize money etc etc

Bary- it's not fair to compare UNC racing with ours. They fly over a different terrain up the east coast.

Their birds don't need to turn into the prevailing wind and fly through the hawk infested valleys which we do.

I agree that smaller feds come off worse in clashing situations but whether with a fed or Amal the trick is to avoid the clashing.

This is done by staggering the racing over the days of the week or choosing a less congested route.

Obviously I would support such a venture but do not see it as the ultimate answer.

I,ve tried to get Fife federation to look at our situation, but some of the powers at be, dont seem to see the same problem its members see. Now is the time to sort it out, but it seems we are waiting till a meeting in december which is far too late. Good luck for trying to do the best for your fed, my hat goes of to you.

Do you think a few of the West feds converging after say, 4 races and libBIng as a Amal or Combine would help with good racing AND the National send later on?? Is there any will to get this off the ground? some clubs in Renfrewshire at least, I know were sadly uncompetitive in quite a few races in 2011 3 members sending a handful of pigeons etc

???

totally agree but how do you get everyone together in the one place at one time to get discusions under way

???

[/quote number of years ago we had the STRATHCLYDE AMAL were all the feds got together and think it was MAIDSTONE or FAREHAM but needless to say it didnt last long and as far as i can remember the reasons for it was a few feds didnt like it because LANARKSHIRE was seen to be running it :) now i for one are all for it but as in all things on pigeon sites nothing becomes of it so if yir interested why not send oput some letters to other feds and see the response then yi will know wether its going to be worhtwhile in going ahead with it ;)

???

[/quote number of years ago we had the STRATHCLYDE AMAL were all the feds got together and think it was MAIDSTONE or FAREHAM but needless to say it didnt last long and as far as i can remember the reasons for it was a few feds didnt like it because LANARKSHIRE was seen to be running it :) now i for one are all for it but as in all things on pigeon sites nothing becomes of it so if yir interested why not send oput some letters to other feds and see the response then yi will know wether its going to be worhtwhile in going ahead with it ;)

Very valid point Sammy. Such a venture would need to be organised on a democratic basis with all organisations involved.

All members would pay the same birdage and have the same benefits.

I see where Lanarkshire would be expecting to have a bigger say in events as they have , by far , the biggest birdage.

ame='sammy' date='25 September 2011 - 16:58 PM' timestamp='1316969924' post='686877']

Very valid point Sammy. Such a venture would need to be organised on a democratic basis with all organisations involved.

I see where Lanarkshire would be expecting to have a bigger say in events as they have , by far , the biggest birdage.

I would like tae see the Solway in this arangement????? Poss?

ame='sammy' date='25 September 2011 - 16:58 PM' timestamp='1316969924' post='686877']

think what should happen is PRICE PER BASKET put into place and ferried into a central marking :)

Guest Gareth Rankin

Lanarkshire have a race program meeting on the 15th of October. So any new organisation would need to be put in writing by this time or it will have to wait until another year. Andy Shearer was the man that got the ball rolling with this new venture back then and this is what is required once again, that is someone to take it upon themselves to get things moving which also includes doing the result and organising the transportation side of things, and all this done for little or no money.

WOSA - West of Scotland Amal sounds good, would also be better to keep away from the old name of Strathclyde Amal which basically flopped for one reason or another.

Still remember the first Strathclyde Amal race back in 1996, it was a young bird race from Stafford which we won with a Blue ch cock, winning £600 + pounds and a Gallon of Whisky which was donated by Billy Holland.

Wot would be the prog? cos we would need tae join in half way doon the road or start later??? I am only one member but think this is way forward???? Open races frae the coast wae decent birdage is wot ee need??? Nae gurning that the east scooped the prizes????????

Andy Shearer was the man that got the ball rolling with this new venture back then and this is what is required once again, that is someone to take it upon themselves to get things moving which also includes doing the result and organising the transportation side of things, and all this done for little or no money.

think to oragnise this is to big for one man need to be delgates from all feds involved ,but as yi said now is the time to get the ball rolling before AGMs take place :scotland:

Lanarkshire have a race program meeting on the 15th of October. So any new organisation would need to be put in writing by this time or it will have to wait until another year. Andy Shearer was the man that got the ball rolling with this new venture back then and this is what is required once again, that is someone to take it upon themselves to get things moving which also includes doing the result and organising the transportation side of things, and all this done for little or no money.

WOSA - West of Scotland Amal sounds good, would also be better to keep away from the old name of Strathclyde Amal which basically flopped for one reason or another.

Still remember the first Strathclyde Amal race back in 1996, it was a young bird race from Stafford which we won with a Blue ch cock, winning £600 + pounds and a Gallon of Whisky which was donated by Billy Holland.

This is precisely one of the reasons it wont happen because one fed says our programme is set and you cant do anything about it. There has to be some "come and go" in a situation like this. The rest of you should go ahead without Lanarkshire. You`ll get a lot less grief

Guest Gareth Rankin

Wot would be the prog? cos we would need tae join in half way doon the road or start later??? I am only one member but think this is way forward???? Open races frae the coast wae decent birdage is wot ee need??? Nae gurning that the east scooped the prizes????????

Perhaps i have read your post wrong Steven??

But it is a shame that the guys in the Solway have no competitive neighbours but i really cannot see the the west of Scotland members letting the Solway into compete, different terrain, jmo

Dont see a problem helping out with transportation though.

Guest Gareth Rankin

The rest of you should go ahead without Lanarkshire. You`ll get a lot less grief

what yi mean by that then

Everyone knows that Lanarkshire has had the attitude in the past that we are better, bigger and more beautiful than all the rest, though i do believe that there is a change in this attitude because at the end of the day, we need, or will need each other in the not too far distant future.

Everyone knows that Lanarkshire has had the attitude in the past that we are better, bigger and more beautiful than all the rest, though i do believe that there is a change in this attitude because at the end of the day, we need, or will need each other in the not too far distant future.

as yi stated gareth out agm is just round corner and we need to know now not later to get things rolling but the six million dollar qyestion is WHO IS GOING TO SEND OUT LETTERS AND ORGANISE IT :)