West Of Scotland Amal

Its to long a story for this , the first time a see you . i tell you why it stopped. That year it was A Durning that was the race controller i worked with. What a man. He phoned me on the sunday evening after a two day holdover and asked me how the birds where looking , i replieid their doing fine andy , been out for a fly and back in the baskets fed and watered ready for tommorow , he said thats fine son and speak to you in the morning. half an hour later he phoned me back, relising what i had said , you can imagine what he said to me .

Cracker

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastbourne, bloody Eastbourne, name something positive that this race has brought to the SNFC, can you not see that the gold cup race is getting killed because of the inclusion of this race into the National program.

Money

Good returns these birds are future channel birds

But do the members want a gold cup race or an inland national sadly Gareth you know the answer

Eastbourne, bloody Eastbourne, name something positive that this race has brought to the SNFC, can you not see that the gold cup race is getting killed because of the inclusion of this race into the National program.

Think Gareth that it is the first inland race that has hit the Gold Cup race, wont be sending my candidates to it next year, Dont mind Eastboune and Ypres is a race that is taking off and can give some a first taste of Channel racing.

Don't think I'll be back at an inland snfc race now the fed are going to the coast but then again I'll suit myself where I send my doos as I always do

Just like we all do we have a choice where we send our birds

Think Gareth that it is the first inland race that has hit the Gold Cup race, wont be sending my candidates to it next year, Dont mind Eastboune and Ypres is a race that is taking off and can give some a first taste of Channel racing.

Correct marlbourgh killed the gold cup entry

Guest Gareth Rankin

Money

Good returns these birds are future channel birds

But do the members want a gold cup race or an inland national sadly Gareth you know the answer

Stuff the money its about looking after the heritage of the club, if these inland nationals keep going it will be a middle distance club with every tom dick and harry having dookits full of Vandebelees etc that take a nose bleed after flying more than 10 hours.

Returns in the last 4 years have not been good Frank (happy enough myself) but for a couple of years that i was doing the ETS at Uddingston, fanciers would all good intention sending doos to the Gold cup before Eastbourne, but after the race it is then a different story as self preservation mode clicks in and they start thinking about having pigeons for there nestboxes the following year, instead they will still send 7 days later to the Ypres race because as well as it being a shorter National race, it is also there club & fed race, 3 birds with the one stone so to speak.

Look back and you will find that since the inclusion of Eastbourne a week before the Gold Cup race, the birdages have fell from 2000 + to just over a 1000, this is not a coincidence. All the other national/prestige clubs in the UK have a break of 2-3 weeks between each of there races, what do we do?? we cram them all round the Gold cup race with no room to breathe.

Anyone know were i can get some good Vandebelees :emoticon-0136-giggle::lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuff the money its about looking after the heritage of the club, if these inland nationals keep going it will be a middle distance club with every tom dick and harry having dookits full of Vandebelees etc that take a nose bleed after flying more than 10 hours.

Returns in the last 4 years have not been good Frank (happy enough myself) but for a couple of years that i was doing the ETS at Uddingston, fanciers would all good intention sending doos to the Gold cup before Eastbourne, but after the race it is then a different story as self preservation mode clicks in and they start thinking about having pigeons for there nestboxes the following year, instead they will still send 7 days later to the Ypres race because as well as it being a shorter National race, it is also there club & fed race, 3 birds with the one stone so to speak.

Look back and you will find that since the inclusion of Eastbourne a week before the Gold Cup race, the birdages have fell from 2000 + to just over a 1000, this is not a coincidence. All the other national/prestige clubs in the UK have a break of 2-3 weeks between each of there races, what do we do?? we cram them all round the Gold cup race with no room to breathe.

Anyone know were i can get some good Vandebelees :emoticon-0136-giggle::lol: :lol: :lol:

your 100% right gareth do away with eastbourne and keep 1st inland race this is the one that put the pigeons right jmo

I could be missing the point , but before the inland nats were introduced did the feds not have races from the same distance , and if the feds go back to inland fed racing the same will happen , we will get bad races from time to time . But then the snfc won,t get the blame .

As a said earlier 6500 doo,s 10 year ago from the west coast feds at the longest inland race , the same Birdage from the whole Of Scotland at the same distance now

Well make the first inland nat EASTBOURNE.

how far is that to lanarkshire

because its about 500 miles to the guys flying in the furtermost parts of the north section

and with a june 6th or roundabout there date

its a struggle as it is to get the miles under their belts

by then

marlborough around 440

eastbourne around 500

ypres around 520

leicester y/b around 350

no short national races in the north section

they are still a good test up here for future channel birds

Guest Gareth Rankin

I could be missing the point , but before the inland nats were introduced did the feds not have races from the same distance , and if the feds go back to inland fed racing the same will happen , we will get bad races from time to time . But then the snfc won,t get the blame .

As a said earlier 6500 doo,s 10 year ago from the west coast feds at the longest inland race , the same Birdage from the whole Of Scotland at the same distance now

What use to happen Kenny was when feds were going down the road thereselves they liberated from different locations at different times, one or two of the feds would get a bad race but you always had other feds that got a good race and that kept the entry up in the gold cup race.

Like you say the SNFC are getting the blame for the bad returns from the Inland nationals and this creates a negativity for the races that matter.

We can all hark back to the good auld days but they have gone

They doo men I spoke to have no interest in going to the gold cup now if the snfc drop the inland nationals and only fly three races over 500 mile

So called wos amalgamations will take up races from Portsmouth and carentan what's the difference ?

Gold cup for me is the number one race sadly not too many have the same opinion

It was about the SNFC John, the thread was started to get a feeling of whether there is a mileage in a WOSA but there was no mention of it in the post.

john the last few years the "WEST OF SCOTLAND AMALGAMATION" have been racing in conjunction with the SNFC,federations ayrshire,ballochmyle,renfrew,midland and lanarkshire.???????i think it has been working. :)

john the last few years the "WEST OF SCOTLAND AMALGAMATION" have been racing in conjunction with the SNFC,federations ayrshire,ballochmyle,renfrew,midland and lanarkshire.???????i think it has been working. :)

Yes John but that is SNFC business nothing to do with organising and getting competition between the different organisations. Also it wouldn't necessarily be the case that the New Amalgamation IF formed would convoy with the SNFC!!

Guest Gareth Rankin

ah someone who think's like me

How on earth has it been working?? These inland duplication races were designed to get more members to send across the water, this has not happened. You two lads might think it is acceptable that the Gold cup race only gets just over a 1000 doos but I don't. In Scotland there are 3500 members, now from entries sent to the Gold cup this relates to one pigeon from every three fanciers.

Status Quo is not an option for 2012.

Members prioritizing an Inland national over the Gold cup which this club is all about should be strung up.