Snfc Tours And Ypres Libs

ALF

S.N.F.C LONGEST RACE from TOURS - SATURDAY 2nd JuLY.The convoy of 236 birds were liberated at 05.50am -into a Light East North East Wind. Good luck to all. Total SNFC Birdage - 236 - Sections- A-57,B-49,C-28,D-21,E-67,F-2,G-12. S.N.F.C RACE from YPRES-SATURDAY 2nd JULY. The convoy of 2339 were liberated at 07.00am - No Wind . Good Luck to all. Total SNFC Birdage - 2339 - Sections - A-72,B-464,C-347,D-242,E-910,F-199,G-105.

S.N.F.C LONGEST RACE from TOURS - SATURDAY 2nd JuLY.The convoy of 236 birds were liberated at 05.50am -into a Light East North East Wind. Good luck to all. Total SNFC Birdage - 236 - Sections- A-57,B-49,C-28,D-21,E-67,F-2,G-12. S.N.F.C RACE from YPRES-SATURDAY 2nd JULY. The convoy of 2339 were liberated at 07.00am - No Wind . Good Luck to all. Total SNFC Birdage - 2339 - Sections - A-72,B-464,C-347,D-242,E-910,F-199,G-105.

the Tours convoy is just over 4500 birds,good luck and lets hope we get two great races, :) :) off to work the now. :( :(

If the Lanarkshire Fed was not away with the National Reg E birdage wise would not be much better.Anywie with the weather forecast they should skate it in around 10hrs Vel:-1299 44mph.Good luck to all and the Bottom corner £5 team

Edited by budgie

Got to say 72 from Section A for Ypres is also shocking. Best of luck to all from both races

Dinnae worry about us in section A, no one else does ;)

But you have to admit 236 birds for an entire national race does beggar beyond belief.

Having spoken to numerous long distance diehards from all over the UK in the last couple of years they now deem the once mighty SNFC as a second rate national club and whilst I argued against them I now see their point of view.

Rant over , good luck to each and everyone from both races :emoticon-0157-sun:

Just been on the MNFC site, first time I've looked at it and its very impressive. Clearly they are a very modern, forward thinking club, online race entry and verification, maps showing the racepoints and sections etc, 17 birds to the basket. Very good. I see they have a yearling classic race from a distance of around 500 miles to central belt on our Clermont weekend - perhaps we should keep this in mind as a possible joint convoy opportunity in future ?

Hope they post up some early times on the site so we can see what speed they're doing. Got to be a good chance of Tours birds in Scotland tonight ? Early liberation gives them 17 hours of daylight if they're fit enough, keen enough and good enough.

Dinnae worry about us in section A, no one else does

But you have to admit 236 birds for an entire national race does beggar beyond belief.

Having spoken to numerous long distance diehards from all over the UK in the last couple of years they now deem the once mighty SNFC as a second rate national club and whilst I argued against them I now see their point of view.

Rant over , good luck to each and everyone from both races

chris the only way i keep the doos is ta get a real good bird from ower the water and its at its lowest ebb at the moment the sad thing when any body takes the issue of inland races keeping up the NATIONAL IS NONESENSE;;;;; THERE IS 120 THOUSAND POUNDS IN THE BAnk BUT ITS GOT TA BE USED TA KICK START THE REVIVAL OF THIS CLUB SURLY THERES SPONSERS THAT WOULD JUMP AT THE CHANCE IF IT ADVERTISED and if every body wants a inland RACE add a extra pound per bird and use it for prise money for the real long distance races

What also beggars belief is that the SNRPC have 191 birds entered and released at 0545.This divide really needs addressed it can be in no way beneficial to the PIGEONS.

Still you can only compete against whats in the basket.I'm sure there'll be some top class peformances put up this weekend in both clubs as usual :)

Guest Gareth Rankin

All the best to whoever is competing from these races, another perfect racing day lets hope for good race with good returns.

The way forward for Scottish long distance racing has to be for the any union rule to be adopted. :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I agree 236 is a poor entry but put in perspective it compares percentage wise with the gold cup entry compared to say 30 years ago. the simple fact is there are not enough fanciers and there is not the same interest in long distance racing. Would be interested to know compared to which long distance clubs we are second rate. Look at the results in this weeks BHW. We often read that there are too many organisations in England for the amount of birds available. BICC Pau international 242 birds. I rest my case!!!

I agree 236 is a poor entry but put in perspective it compares percentage wise with the gold cup entry compared to say 30 years ago. the simple fact is there are not enough fanciers and there is not the same interest in long distance racing. Would be interested to know compared to which long distance clubs we are second rate. Look at the results in this weeks BHW. We often read that there are too many organisations in England for the amount of birds available. BICC Pau international 242 birds. I rest my case!!!

Sorry didnt put that too well. what I mean is the drop in entries for the longest race is much the same percentage drop as for the gold cup and if you add the two nationals together it is probably less for the longest race