Snfc Programme 2012

Delboy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree John,however some direction from the top is also needed.At the start of this thread some one said lets have an outside agency who would give direction.The need for this is brought about due to weak leadership.time someone made disisions for the good of the Pigeons,and not what advantages members may have over others.

Y/B National should not exceed 200 miles into central belt,and without doubt should be after the last fed Race.Sep does not represent the best time for racing.As for darkness the main reason this is used,is to give a better chance come september.Change it,and darkness will become a thing of the past.

Each year that passes these good discusions come up,but nothing is done to revitilise our sport.

Strong leadership come up with good ideas which enhance and preserve

There should be NO ballot papers IMO. Get aff yer backsides & make an effort to get there instead o sittin here in judgement bleatin about things!! :scotland:

Aye your right get off your buts n come to the meetings, their are people who cant be bothered coming even when its on their back door step. And get all proposals including the race programme in writing so they can be put on the agenda and people have the chance to do their homework. If its not on the Agenda it shouldnt be discussed at an AGM.

Obviously it'd be ridiculous to just blow all the money throwing it around Willy nilly but feel it would be of benefit long term if short term the birdages were lowered and good prize money was put up for every race.

Paying per race would attract many more fanciers and entries for certain events as well,as many don't want to pay a full subscription to enter only one or two races.The people who do want to enter every race would be no worst off as the current subscription would be divided up into fees of entry over all the races.

this would not help, so what you are saying is you would only want to go to the gold cup, the one race or 2 that your ready for. suppose every fancier thought like you To an extent and they only wanted to go 2 but not the gold cup but you turn up to the gold cup as was told we have waited long enough to See how many have decided to go but there ain't enough money left in the kitty to take you, as there is only 100 birds, we have a £5 nom in our club

there are 25 lofts we pay £5.00 to nominate 4 birds in any order

just a we incentive, we have 25 lofts we should have a pool of £125 split 3-4 ways, but we don't, there only 11 go for it most weeks when we ask why no go into , the answer comes back we are not up to speed as yet for it, but the same guys

when ready, expect there to be pools moneys for them, when they are ready. so if we all adapt the same attitude problems begin

Firstly it was only an idea,a bit of brainstorming :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Secondly on a personal level I would like to attend every SNFC race but with the most experienced pigeons in my loft being a few 08 latebreds and 2 year olds(three of which are yet to return from Messac)This will take time before I have the strength in depth to do so.

Many people are in a similar position or keep a small team therefore cannot cover every race and are put off paying a full subscription therefore they don't attend any races or they send to a race where there is big prize money-such as the 3 bird club.

If there was prize money up for grabs and pay per race system you would attract more of the members on this boat.

As said before the SNFC would still get the full subscription from the people who attend every race so I guess they would lose out with the people who don't.Is this a hit financially our National can cope with for a few years in exchange for more members and pigeons entering races ????

Firstly it was only an idea,a bit of brainstorming :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Secondly on a personal level I would like to attend every SNFC race but with the most experienced pigeons in my loft being a few 08 latebreds and 2 year olds(three of which are yet to return from Messac)This will take time before I have the strength in depth to do so.

Many people are in a similar position or keep a small team therefore cannot cover every race and are put off paying a full subscription therefore they don't attend any races or they send to a race where there is big prize money-such as the 3 bird club.

If there was prize money up for grabs and pay per race system you would attract more of the members on this boat.

As said before the SNFC would still get the full subscription from the people who attend every race so I guess they would lose out with the people who don't.Is this a hit financially our National can cope with for a few years in exchange for more members and pigeons entering races ????

So does you or anyone else paying for only 1 race then get the same vote as me paying full fees at the AGM?

So does you or anyone else paying for only 1 race then get the same vote as me paying full fees at the AGM?

Well to be honest Henrik as i stated in an earlier post I think the biggest AGM decision,race programme,should be taken out of the hands of the SNFC members.

What I put about paying per race,adding prize money and lowering birdages were not refined ideas but were basically put in to make the point that I think our SNFC has to spend its way to a better future as it has the capital to do so.

If you were I suppose to refine the pay per race idea then a small fee would have to be paid before April 1st only to cover the cost of sending out the annual yearbook.Obviously anyone who has paid this small fee will have a SNFC membership number.Anyone with this number should be allowed to vote at the AGM and pay only for the races they enter.

So to re word the pay per race idea-Lower subscribtion from £25 to rougly £4 then divide the £21 between the races according to estimated birdages and what races are the most expensive to run for the club.

Anyway I've got in too deep here :emoticon-0136-giggle: I've never been bothered by doo politics and I'll support the SNFC and enter as many races as I can in the future regardless of subscription or racepoints.

Lookin forward to Ypres this weekend :)

Why is it that we have found the most successful and fairest races have been from the east, Ypres or Liege,or thereabouts, where everyone has a slight chance and the returns have been generally good, we still fly from different race points??? The fact of the matter is, everyone s looking for an advantage, in despite of the race outcome.Shame on these people. I say, 3 x Ypres races and a long distance race for the die hards ( including myself ). This would allow you to send your yearlings as well with a wee bit confidence and the 2nd Ypres is the Gold cup race and thats the only race feds can duplicate.Think of the 5,500 birds at the Gold cup :scotland:

Why is it that we have found the most successful and fairest races have been from the east, Ypres or Liege,or thereabouts, where everyone has a slight chance and the returns have been generally good, we still fly from different race points??? The fact of the matter is, everyone s looking for an advantage, in despite of the race outcome.Shame on these people. I say, 3 x Ypres races and a long distance race for the die hards ( including myself ). This would allow you to send your yearlings as well with a wee bit confidence and the 2nd Ypres is the Gold cup race and thats the only race feds can duplicate.Think of the 5,500 birds at the Gold cup :scotland:

Gold Cup at 400mls Derek and the possibility of a Fed pigeon beating the Gold Cup winner, somehow I dont think that would be a good idea.

Gold Cup at 400mls Derek and the possibility of a Fed pigeon beating the Gold Cup winner, somehow I dont think that would be a good idea.

Maybe not Ypres 456mls to me, maybe a wee bit further but as for the fed doo beating the Nat doo, he would be a mug not to enter the nat for that race just in case.Fed doos through here have beaten the section winners in the nat several times but they lose credibilty because the owner was daft enough not to enter them in nat.

Significant changes are required for the SNFC, we simply cannot continue with this present trend

Years ago the SNFC race programme dictated federation race routes, now its the other way round :unsure:

Had a chortle at a statement I read somewhere about bus loads of south section fanciers at the 2011 AGM conning people by their presence.... think there was 9 guys from the deep south there that day:emoticon-0136-giggle:

Significant changes are required for the SNFC, we simply cannot continue with this present trend

Years ago the SNFC race programme dictated federation race routes, now its the other way round :unsure:

Had a chortle at a statement I read somewhere about bus loads of south section fanciers at the 2011 AGM conning people by their presence.... think there was 9 guys from the deep south there that day:emoticon-0136-giggle:

think it was promoted tae gan doon west of country bye other sources :emoticon-0179-headbang: think he was oan a pannel that disguseed it earlier in year , and reckoned we wid get better racing n a w sect winner at messac and marlborough , i said maby so but would get slaughtered asweel which he didiny agree way , but we were booth right 2 west sect winners and 2 slaughterings so dont blame the 9 deep sooth lads for the westerly race points :cry-blow::cry-blow:

Hi Chris ,I was one of the eleven that day at the AGM and have to honestly say that i feel there should be a set programme prior to the agm for the members to vote on as race points proposed from the floor most members were voting blind with not the slightest where the race point was they were voting on ,as we all no we raced from marlborough and messac on a westerly line so why the hell did common sense not prevail and vote on portsmouth which would have put the birds on line for messac and maybe just maybe have gave some of the one's missing a fighting chance does not matter whether it be easterly or westerly routes we must keep them on line ,and a final rant i feel that side winds or the strength of them should be taken into consideration prior to liberation's ,marlbourough strong ne giving east birds no chance ,eastbourne fresh west giving west birds no chance surely this must be brought into play and make it fair for all if it means holding the races a day later so be it ,surely lads the pigeons must come first and not advantage ,Rant Over :emoticon-0157-sun:

Hi Chris ,I was one of the eleven that day at the AGM and have to honestly say that i feel there should be a set programme prior to the agm for the members to vote on as race points proposed from the floor most members were voting blind with not the slightest where the race point was they were voting on ,as we all no we raced from marlborough and messac on a westerly line so why the hell did common sense not prevail and vote on portsmouth which would have put the birds on line for messac and maybe just maybe have gave some of the one's missing a fighting chance does not matter whether it be easterly or westerly routes we must keep them on line ,and a final rant i feel that side winds or the strength of them should be taken into consideration prior to liberation's ,marlbourough strong ne giving east birds no chance ,eastbourne fresh west giving west birds no chance surely this must be brought into play and make it fair for all if it means holding the races a day later so be it ,surely lads the pigeons must come first and not advantage ,Rant Over :emoticon-0157-sun:

Don't you think race controllers have a difficult enough job to do without taking which direction the wind is coming from into consideration!!

It would be impossible to make it fair to EVERYONE in the country just the same as it can't be the same conditions for everyone even for club racing, different conditions will dictate who is going to get the advantage.

All we can do is keep sending in the hope that you will get you're turn when the conditions suit your position, ATB :emoticon-0157-sun:

Don't you think race controllers have a difficult enough job to do without taking which direction the wind is coming from into consideration!!

It would be impossible to make it fair to EVERYONE in the country just the same as it can't be the same conditions for everyone even for club racing, different conditions will dictate who is going to get the advantage.

All we can do is keep sending in the hope that you will get you're turn when the conditions suit your position, ATB :emoticon-0157-sun:

Sorry point i was trying to make was wind strength ,held at eastbourne in 2010 because of wind strength,yet liberated at marlborough in strong NE and eastbourne in fresh west ,so where is the consistency ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest Gareth Rankin

First channel race

9th June - EAST Ypres 441 miles -WEST Carentan 458 miles

This date for the first channel race allows pigeons to be able to get back to the Gold cup which is what this club is all about, it is also at a distance that many fanciers feel comfortable with and comes early in the season which will stop fanciers going gun-ho and emptying the loft.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yearling national

16th June - EAST Maidstone 358 miles- WEST Portsmouth 356 miles

This race has been very successful within the INFC for many years.Perhaps a limit could be put in place so to protect next years candidates for the channel.

longest race

30th June - with whoever who we can convoy with.

Gold cup

Only Channel race where feds can duplicate into.

7th July - EAST Saint Quintin 510 miles - West Fougeres 520 miles.

This race has to be given priority, duplication will get it back to the old days of every fancier talking about and competing in the Gold cup and it is at a distance that feds would be happy at making their duplication race for their members.

--------------------------------------------------------

Last channel race

14th July - EAST Lillers 445 miles WEST Carenten 458 miles.

Again an attractive distance for most fanciers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of this program

2. More Gold award winners
  3. No excuses that we need transportation for 6000 birds, so 1 new transporter only required.
  4. Better returns with fed & combine races from inland races which in turn helps with entries for the channel the following year.
  5. The shorter distance races from the channel will only give encouragement to new and existing members.
  6. With the Gold cup race being shorter then inturn a bigger entry may be had in the longest race for fanciers seeking that longer event.

Bad points

Im sure they wont be long coming, lol

ps

Saint Quentin is in between Lillers and Reims, same line of flight.

Guest Gareth Rankin

get the birds on one line of flight and stick to it, birds dont know if there coming or going, never mind the fanciers just think of the birds.

Problem we have in the west is that every week our pigeons have a different line of flight, ideally we in the west should be going down the M74 & M6 :emoticon-0138-thinking: , agree with you though as when pigeons get into trouble with the unknown thats forced at them these days then the line of flight will give them something to fall back on.

First channel race

9th June - EAST Ypres 441 miles -WEST Carentan 458 miles

This date for the first channel race allows pigeons to be able to get back to the Gold cup which is what this club is all about, it is also at a distance that many fanciers feel comfortable with and comes early in the season which will stop fanciers going gun-ho and emptying the loft.

Yearling national

16th June - EAST Maidstone 358 miles- WEST Portsmouth 356 miles

This race has been very successful within the INFC for many years.Perhaps a limit could be put in place so to protect next years candidates for the channel.

longest race

30th June - with whoever who we can convoy with.

Gold cup

Only Channel race where feds can duplicate into.

7th July - EAST Saint Quintin 510 miles - West Fougeres 520 miles.

This race has to be given priority, duplication will get it back to the old days of every fancier talking about and competing in the Gold cup and it is at a distance that feds would be happy at making their duplication race for their members.

--------------------------------------------------------

Last channel race

14th July - EAST Lillers 445 miles WEST Carenten 458 miles.

Again an attractive distance for most fanciers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of this program

2. More Gold award winners
  3. No excuses that we need transportation for 6000 birds, so 1 new transporter only required.
  4. Better returns with fed & combine races from inland races which in turn helps with entries for the channel the following year.
  5. The shorter distance races from the channel will only give encouragement to new and existing members.
  6. With the Gold cup race being shorter then inturn a bigger entry may be had in the longest race for fanciers seeking that longer event.

Bad points

Im sure they wont be long coming, lol

ps

Saint Quentin is in between Lillers and Reims, same line of flight.

Am no far away frae agreeing with this!

Gareth you show east and west race points? Is it yer intention tae have an east race before the gold cup then a west race after?

Would you consider a middle route such as Chatres/Le Mans/Bourges and forget about east west?

Solway could not make it to the coast on their own fed wise so would the yearling derby interfere with plans for 2/3yr olds who would not make it to the coast or would they be able to enter at a lower entry fee for training or fed purposes only?

I HAVE WATCHED ALL THE SNFC THREADS/POSTS OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS AND THERE HAS BEEN SOME AMOUNT OF P*** POSTED ON THEM LETS GET BACK TO RACING AS ALL THE TALK IS DONE ON THE WEBSITES AND NOT AT THE MEETINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I HAVE WATCHED ALL THE SNFC THREADS/POSTS OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS AND THERE HAS BEEN SOME AMOUNT OF P*** POSTED ON THEM LETS GET BACK TO RACING AS ALL THE TALK IS DONE ON THE WEBSITES AND NOT AT THE MEETINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sorry Alan

Never been tae a meetin mate, fed ,nat never.

People far more qualified than me tae produce race progs! Just voicin my opinion at Graeths ideas which I thought was quite good and I am sure someone might put somethin similar forward at an AGM and then the members can vote on it!