Lanarkshire Agm Next Week 16Th Oct

Guest bigda

Guest Gareth Rankin

All 3 points you make are very true BUT the one downside going down the west route overshadows the 3 hazzards on the east. Its easily sorted if we all got our finger out but this will never happen because pigeon men want everything done for them. I say,stick to the east coast, you are better with the devil you know until a certain amount of work has been done to clear the west route. Over the last couple of years, some top fanciers from the Midland fed have not been heard from at national level. The west route cant be helping them, can it ?

Last National race was the young bird national, Midland fed only had a fraction of the doos away that Lanarkshire had, this down to fact they only have around the 15-20% of the membership of Lanarkshire and yet there are 5 pigeons in the first 11 in the section that are Midland members or fanciers that convoyed with Midland fed to one or more races, quite a good strike rate if you ask me. ;)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last National race was the young bird national, Midland fed only had a fraction of the doos away that Lanarkshire had, this down to fact they only have around the 15-20% of the membership of Lanarkshire and yet there are 5 pigeons in the first 11 in the section that are Midland members or fanciers that convoyed with Midland fed to one or more races, quite a good strike rate if you ask me. ;)

Yer talking mince, John Short 4th, 11th Harry Rennie gets last ticket 27th the rest Lanarkshire or Forth/Clyde

ps J.Houstan FLIES WITH F/C, THATS 22 OF 27 TICKETS FROM lANARKSHIRE

Guest Gareth Rankin

Yer talking mince, John Short 4th, 11th Harry Rennie gets last ticket 27th the rest Lanarkshire or Forth/Clyde

ps J.Houstan FLIES WITH F/C, THATS 22 OF 27 TICKETS FROM lANARKSHIRE

<_< <_<

I did say Midlands members and fanciers who have used them for convoying this year, i.e.

E2 Scott & Gillon Motherwell

E4 J Short Caldercruix

E5 Scott & Gillon Motherwell

E10 J.Houston Greengairs

E11 J Short Caldercruix

Scott and Gillon sent 15 young birds with the Midland fed to Leyland and got 13 home, didn't do them much harm even when it was a sticky race for the small convoy of 400 birds.

oh and it was only 16 tickets that were won by Lanarkshire members from the 27 positions ;)

22 tickets from Lanarkshire/ south Lanarkshire from 27. John Houston flew with Forth/ Clyde down east all year, he wouldnt go back down west, ask him :P None of your spin here Gareth.

22 LANARKSHIRE/south LANARKSHIRE , 2 FORTH/CLYDE AND 3 MIDLAND = 27

ONE NINTH OF THE DIPLOMAS WON IN SNFC YB NATIONAL IN WEST SECTION FLEW DOWN WEST. POOR STATISTICS :(:D:D:DB)

24/27 IN TOTAL FLEW DOWN THE EAST ROUTE.

Guest Gareth Rankin

22 tickets from Lanarkshire/ south Lanarkshire from 27. John Houston flew with Forth/ Clyde down east all year, he wouldnt go back down west, ask him :P None of your spin here Gareth.

ONE NINTH OF THE DIPLOMAS WON IN SNFC YB NATIONAL IN WEST SECTION FLEW DOWN WEST. POOR STATISTICS :(:D:D:DB)

No spin Derek ;) , always like to put the facts in front, some people like to paint a certain picture but as always there is 2 sides of the story, will get a few more percentages and facts for you later :lol::P

No spin Derek ;) , always like to put the FALSE facts in front, some people like to paint a certain picture but as always there is 2 sides of the story, will get a few more percentages and facts for you later :lol::P

I rest my case ma lud :P:D:D:DB)B)

PS. If lanarkshire stay east we ll expect to see you flying with Midland next year :blink:

22 tickets from Lanarkshire/ south Lanarkshire from 27. John Houston flew with Forth/ Clyde down east all year, he wouldnt go back down west, ask him None of your spin here Gareth.

ONE NINTH OF THE DIPLOMAS WON IN SNFC YB NATIONAL IN WEST SECTION FLEW DOWN WEST. POOR STATISTICS

Derek the response from the Big Yin says it All.Bring back Consett then head over to the West and they will be greetin awe the way tae the coast.When the West Wind Blows only the fittest survive. Just ask the true members who compete in every race how many finished the programme.

No spin Derek , always like to put the facts in front, some people like to paint a certain picture but as always there is 2 sides of the story, will get a few more percentages and facts for you later

Ask Geordie Mann or the Great Macs how many finish each year.

I know how many finish Midland fed programme. I competed in it for 3 years and was at the death every year,only one from my club lasted the pace with me, I also won their coveted John Donald trophy for best average all races.( runner- up twice ) That took its *expletive removed* toll on my loft. I went with Lanarkshire and then Almond valley down the east and my loft is now stacked with doos, make up your own mind ;)

Guest Gareth Rankin

Derek the response from the Big Yin says it All.Bring back Consett then head over to the West and they will be greetin awe the way tae the coast.When the West Wind Blows only the fittest survive. Just ask the true members who compete in every race how many finished the programme.

Ask Geordie Mann or the Great Macs how many finish each year.

Have spoke with GeordieM about young bird racing with the Midland fed this year, they had 2 not so good races and that was an appleby race which was the same day as the majority of the feds got a tousing, 2nd race was Leyland from a convoy of 400 birds, that said i entered a yearling race with a small convoy from York this year and it was a stinker which i'm sure your pal King Billy will verfy so small convoys will struggle at the best of times.

Regards to how many members finished the program, its the same every year in every fed of how many members finish the program, i could tell you the names of members who hardly lost a doo in young and old bird racing in the last few years, but for everyone of these there 3-4 members have have experienced servere losses.

As for your quip about Consett, it is the same as every other race point it requires good weather, this did not happen in the first young bird race and a disaster was had by all, though it cant be forgotten that 90% of the feds got a stinker that day, The second Consett race came at a time of the year when the climate changed to Autumnal with a cold head wind, the young birds didnt like it and what materialised was another stinker just like all the other Lanarkshire races from that part of the country in the same sort of conditions. Yes we will dispose of the Consett liberation site just like umpteen other sites in the past.

The east after 100 miles mark aint the honeymoon country that you believe it is.

asked 30 members from the lanarkshire

where they would like to race from

12 said east

3 said not bothered

10 said west

5 said 30 mile in side from the east coast so as there are no hold overs,and late libs, from fog and haar, at the coasts, a reasonable answer that last one so far east has the majority of 56%

I know how many finish Midland fed programme. I competed in it for 3 years and was at the death every year,only one from my club lasted the pace with me, I also won their coveted John Donald trophy for best average all races.( runner- up twice ) That took its *expletive removed* toll on my loft. I went with Lanarkshire and then Almond valley down the east and my loft is now stacked with doos, make up your own mind ;)

[/quote

Is that you braging again Delboy I wish i had birds like yours they never seem to get lost racing down the East Coast you must only breed a dozen youngsters every year ?

[/quote

Is that you braging again Delboy I wish i had birds like yours they never seem to get lost racing down the East Coast you must only breed a dozen youngsters every year ?

Im not *expletive removed* bragging, im stating facts. If you lose all yer doos then

Yer doos are p/sh , simple as that. Wee Eddie is flying my doos and hardly lost a yb this year as well.

By the way, dont be so *expletive removed* cheeky :angry:

ame='tom corrie' date='12 October 2010 - 17:30 PM' timestamp='1286901052' post='598024']

Im not *expletive removed* bragging, im stating facts. If you lose all yer doos then

Yer doos are p/sh then, simple as that. Wee Eddie is flying my doos and hardly lost a yb this year as well.

that is a puzzler delboy why can wee eddie be flying your doos and you are blawing yer trumpet ;);) if wee eddie won a race o thats my doo that realy pisses fanciers off so your birds are in your loft not in wee eddies :rolleyes::rolleyes:

that is a puzzler delboy why can wee eddie be flying your doos and you are blawing yer trumpet ;);) if wee eddie won a race o thats my doo that realy pisses fanciers off so your birds are in your loft not in wee eddies :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aye yer right,its fk all to do with me, my mistake, my m8 Eddie is flying birds of the same strain and has brilliant returns. Is that better ya stirring auld c...

Have spoke with GeordieM about young bird racing with the Midland fed this year, they had 2 not so good races and that was an appleby race which was the same day as the majority of the feds got a tousing, 2nd race was Leyland from a convoy of 400 birds, that said i entered a yearling race with a small convoy from York this year and it was a stinker which i'm sure your pal King Billy will verfy so small convoys will struggle at the best of times.

Regards to how many members finished the program, its the same every year in every fed of how many members finish the program, i could tell you the names of members who hardly lost a doo in young and old bird racing in the last few years, but for everyone of these there 3-4 members have have experienced servere losses.

As for your quip about Consett, it is the same as every other race point it requires good weather, this did not happen in the first young bird race and a disaster was had by all, though it cant be forgotten that 90% of the feds got a stinker that day, The second Consett race came at a time of the year when the climate changed to Autumnal with a cold head wind, the young birds didnt like it and what materialised was another stinker just like all the other Lanarkshire races from that part of the country in the same sort of conditions. Yes we will dispose of the Consett liberation site just like umpteen other sites in the past.

The east after 100 miles mark aint the honeymoon country that you believe it is.

Listen Ma Lud if you dont know why respond in this fashion.Did Geordie tell you how many have finished the Old &Young Birds over the last 5 years Eye or Naw.

Climate change what planet are you on.Would you have liberated at Consett stating the attached or would you not have held over due to the wind being to strong at the race point.

ame='tom corrie' date='12 October 2010 - 17:30 PM' timestamp='1286901052' post='598024']

Yer doos are p/sh , simple as that. Wee Eddie is flying my doos and hardly lost a yb this year as well.

on ye go big man u tell :lol::lol::lol:

I know how many finish Midland fed programme. I competed in it for 3 years and was at the death every year,only one from my club lasted the pace with me, I also won their coveted John Donald trophy for best average all races.( runner- up twice ) That took its *expletive removed* toll on my loft. I went with Lanarkshire and then Almond valley down the east and my loft is now stacked with doos, make up your own mind

[/quote

Tom i dont think Derek is braging he is only stating the 98% rule.Can you tell us how many finished as Big Bambi is ducking an Diving .

Guest Gareth Rankin

Climate change what planet are you on.Would you have liberated at Consett stating the attached or would you not have held over due to the wind being to strong at the race point.

Race controllers words Andy and i would tend to agree with him on this matter, its happened for years the first sign of the season changing and the young birds don't like it especially in a cold head wind. If we had liberated from Tow law or a similar distance we would have still got a stiff one, possibly not as bad as Consett but a stiff one never the less.

And yes i would also have liberated them at the second Consett race as the conditions were good with broken cloud and blue skies and when your a race controller or Convoyer your job is too give the doos a fair crack of the whip which is almost impossible from this area of the UK.

Back to the west, you know you want too :P;)

Tom i dont think Derek is braging he is only stating the 98% rule.Can you tell us how many finished as Big Bambi is ducking an Diving .

andy we also raced the midland fed programme 2004-2008 and timed in every federation race except last young bird race 2006 when only 1 bird was recorded in the federation in race time,as for how many finished the programme i dont think there were many,the young birds had it very hard and we did change (2008) due to lack of numbers at the end of the season,we have definately noticed a big difference with racing east,only my opinion but you guys will do what you think is best,but there is some good advice is on this thread. ;) ;) ;)

have alook at bovington result and c how many weve got on result and we raced every week with midland ;);)