Lanarkshire Agm Next Week 16Th Oct

Guest bigda

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed todays meeting it was not as unruly as the last few years, glad the Fed continue to race from an easterly direction and that we are still going with the SNFC provided they are still happy to take us, think we will have pay some sort of Fed birdage to cover prize in our open races if prize money remains at its current level, but thats for the AGM next month.

Davie

Having read your comments gentlemen on last nights vote ,which seems to have been close

Firstly good luck to you all for 2011

Our own federation now has to decide which route to race for 2011 ,at present i think 50 - 50

It is a very sad sign of the times when we the pigeon fancier that put so much into the

British economy are being dictated as to where we race our birds beloved birds from .because

of a out of control breeding programme by B O P lovers . Having spoken to one recently and

asked his views as to when they would be content with b o p numbers his reply was there could

never be enough Falcons . Our only hope of saving this great sport of ours is for every

organisation throughout the U K to act as one ,employing a top legal team to overrule the

full protection order that exists at present . All charity fundraising etc would have to stop

for the foreseeable future if we are going to reverse the present climate .Time to look after

ourselves or there breeding programme over the next five years will kill of our sport in many

areas with the rest to follow .

SAD SAD TIMES :angry::angry::(

First of all may I congratulate the Lanarkshire Federation on reaching a decision.Our own Federation has a similiar decision to make very soon and I hope we can conduct our affairs with the same lack of animosity that Lanarkshire seems to have achieved.The Pergrine Falcon problem is quite clearly the biggest single difficulty facing our sport and I am sorry to say that no clear answer is evident.I have attended several political meetings recently and the number of MSP`s and officials who are members of the RSPB and who describe themselves as keen orthinoligists is quite concerning.Nothing concentrates the minds of politicians more severely than loss of power and as the 2011 elections approach next May I for one will be attending any hustings that I can manage, reminding aspiring MSPS of the enormous contribution that pigeon fanciers make to the local economy and asking our legislators if they are content to see a sport that is a way of life for many destroyed for the sake of birds of prey.

First of all may I congratulate the Lanarkshire Federation on reaching a decision.Our own Federation has a similiar decision to make very soon and I hope we can conduct our affairs with the same lack of animosity that Lanarkshire seems to have achieved.The Pergrine Falcon problem is quite clearly the biggest single difficulty facing our sport and I am sorry to say that no clear answer is evident.I have attended several political meetings recently and the number of MSP`s and officials who are members of the RSPB and who describe themselves as keen orthinoligists is quite concerning.Nothing concentrates the minds of politicians more severely than loss of power and as the 2011 elections approach next May I for one will be attending any hustings that I can manage, reminding aspiring MSPS of the enormous contribution that pigeon fanciers make to the local economy and asking our legislators if they are content to see a sport that is a way of life for many destroyed for the sake of birds of prey.

Walter thanks for the attached.Where can we get a map showing the Peregrine Distribution as was shown some years ago in Article(Shooting Times and Country Magazine.)