europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strapper

wonder how many will be in the europa auction...u could most prob fill an amtrak six box lol...only joking..well done to all prize winners ...birds must have gone through it a bit but came home ,well done!

and to bill lewis...are the drinks on u now sir? lol.......welldone!

Guest spin cycle
i didint read all the posts but some of posts on here and what they suggest are mad it is a great advetisement for pigeons this gets more attention and races like it in the press than any other part of our sport surelly that can only be a good thing and about the money so what if thers money to be won what wrong with that   i think its a great test for a pigeon all racing to the one loft all getting the same feed and treatment no location prefence here winds dont make a difference as all flying to the one loft surelly this a true test of a pigeon where the small back yard fanicer can compete with the big boys

well you could try to'spin' it that way...OR...you could say that 1200 pigeons were loosed while their owners 'wined and dined' in a marquee. the birds ,forced to race, could not find their way resulting in many hundreds getting lost and probably dieing. to me its a potential PR disaster.

well you could try to'spin' it that way...OR...you could say that 1200 pigeons were loosed while their owners 'wined and dined' in a marquee. the birds ,forced to race, could not find their way resulting in many hundreds getting lost and probably dieing. to me its a potential PR disaster.

yes the lib might have been wrong but what wrong with the marquee and pll drinking this is a day out for owners dont we need more days like this where fanicers can meet and this race has being going for a few year it could be just one bad call  and with the losses that have been reported every week on this site  how is this any way  different

Got to say congratulations to the winner and Andy and anyone else that has been lucky enough to have seen their bird timed in    But i cant agree that any press coverage for this race is going to be a good advertisment it would be one well left out for the good of the sport how do you make a good write up out of no birds on the day a handful the next day out of how many birds  :-/ birds liberated in good weather for the first few miles unfortunately bad weather after that  and many reported  that day in local lofts that should make good reading for anyone might get a lot of readers but not for the right reasons  :(

it was  a bad decision yes  but i was talking in general about this race and some of the comment that were wrote about previous winners

and what the race can do for pigeons in general

Guest spin cycle

yes the lib might have been wrong but what wrong with the marquee and pll drinking this is a day out for owners dont we need more days like this where fanicers can meet and this race has being going for a few year it could be just one bad call  and with the losses that have been reported every week on this site  how is this any way  different

because the media would infer that there was pressure to lib the birds in unsuitable weather in order to 'entertain' their owners....and perhaps they'd be right. as to yb racing are you trying to drag pigeon racing  as whole into this disaster ?

because the media would infer that there was pressure to lib the birds in unsuitable weather in order to 'entertain' their owners....and perhaps they'd be right. as to yb racing are you trying to drag pigeon racing  as whole into this disaster ?

what do u mean by ure last comment  yes there are extra prssure on the lib but in the last few years sice this race started it has been a total success this is the first bad year  and  jump all over this race this young bird year seems to be a total distaster for most pll all over

Maybe it should be asked what made them come to the decision to liberate on Sunday - what did they see that others didnt? - if it wasnt to keep the owners happy.

Maybe next time they could put some of that money into ensuring the birds are liberated in favourable conditions - maybe not the cheapest but the best way to rebuild the reputation of the race.

Surely a few less barrels of ale and a hot dog less each should be suffice

Guest spin cycle

what do u mean by ure last comment  yes there are extra prssure on the lib but in the last few years sice this race started it has been a total success this is the first bad year  and  jump all over this race this young bird year seems to be a total distaster for most pll all over

i think my last post was fairly self explanatory. i'm not going to get into a 'fight' with you over it....so have it your way. the race was a stunning sucsess at raising publicity and well the losses don't matter 'cos the whole yb racing scene is a disaster anyway. i've said my piece and i'm not posting on it anymore. those poor 'bl**dy birds(dissappointed)

i think my last post was fairly self explanatory. i'm not going to get into a 'fight' with you over it....so have it your way. the race was a stunning sucsess at raising publicity and well the losses don't matter 'cos the whole yb racing scene is a disaster anyway. i've said my piece and i'm not posting on it anymore. those poor 'bl**dy birds(dissappointed)

where have i stated or even been any way looking for a fight it is a discussion and surely that what the website about that we can bounce each others ideas off one another and each others opinions on different matters and i think its wrong that u state in your post that it was turning into a fight as it implies that i was looking for one in which would be untrue .

tell the guys that won all it was a crap race

oh happy days

Im not taking anything away from the bird or there owners - well done to them - someone had to win it they did - end of.

The welfare of the other 1100 birds that are still out or sat in other fanciers stray boxes are the issue.

Well done to any bird that made it,they showed courage and heart,and well done to owners,but the whole scenario when judged cannot be good for the pigeon racing game,maybe for the social side of it,beers and burgers,etc but to announce the date of the race beforehand in this instance your stuck with that date for an amount ofreasons,in last couple of years due to the inclement weather we are having this is very foolish,note amount of occassions organizations have switched marking dates alone this year,this cannot be done when you have stated date,and have an amount of people,cameras,etc,waiting for arrivals at e.t.a this is a media/circus type event,and difficult to cancel or postpone for these reasons,sadly the big losers in this are the birds,incidentally its not the only one loft race to have suffered,Galway one loft race have no birds home from Chester up to one hour ago,flown under same scenario.It will be interesting to see what birdage is like for next seasons,if same scenario is still appliciable.