europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest milkyal

what do u mean by ure last comment  yes there are extra prssure on the lib but in the last few years sice this race started it has been a total success this is the first bad year  and  jump all over this race this young bird year seems to be a total distaster for most pll all over

A couple years ago was there only 30 home on the day?

26 at close on night
   C'mon now, you forgot to add second day.  An insult  to all pigeon flyers , with stinking amounts of money taking precedence, before the safety of the birds we are all supposed to love. I am really riled by the outcomings  of this  

so called spectcular event, and could go on all night, crying it down. But I wont,  and try to bring some sense as to why this disaster occurred. Simply, it was a sh** liberation., and those responsible should offer a public apology to ALL the fancy in general for the adverse publicity it could turn into. I cannot understand how an organisation from Wales can venture into Scotland , without asking for assistance regarding the liberation.  Jimmy White with a lifetimes experience of  pigeon racing and the AREA. only lives a stones throw away, and should have been contacted for his advice on his own doorstep. Seems to me when most pigeons were facing their doom, in a cold Scottish air. Lots of long pockets were dancing the night away, outside the lofts that the pigeons were struggling to return to. An apology is needed SURELY?

C'mon now, you forgot to add second day.  An insult  to all pigeon flyers , with stinking amounts of money taking precedence, before the safety of the birds we are all supposed to love. I am really riled by the outcomings  of this  

so called spectcular event, and could go on all night, crying it down. But I wont,  and try to bring some sense as to why this disaster occurred. Simply, it was a sh** liberation., and those responsible should offer a public apology to ALL the fancy in general for the adverse publicity it could turn into. I cannot understand how an organisation from Wales can venture into Scotland , without asking for assistance regarding the liberation.  Jimmy White with a lifetimes experience of  pigeon racing and the AREA. only lives a stones throw away, and should have been contacted for his advice on his own doorstep. Seems to me when most pigeons were facing their doom, in a cold Scottish air. Lots of long pockets were dancing the night away, outside the lofts that the pigeons were struggling to return to. An apology is needed SURELY?

As well as a set of independent race controllers as mentioned by someone earlier - if they dont do this they should be refused a license for next season!

What will Parky Write about this in the Fancy press about Europa being best in the World ( Loft Mangers not doing there job if not got 50% to the Final well what about after the final . 01%) Over 6000 birds lost in 3 Years !!!! Na he will say oh hard race and we bred 2nd place lining his own pockets. Birds come 1st Parky not Beer Burgers & Money. Its a total Disgrace!!!!

Without pointing fingers at any individual, IF THERE WAS ANY CHANCE, WHICH THERE WAS, WITH BIRDS BEING REPORTED IN SCOTLAND ON SATURDAY EVENING. THERE WAS IN MY MIND AN OPEN HAND FOR "UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES"  TO OCCUR. I NOW BELIEVE THAT THE RACE SHOULD BE DEEMED  "DOUBTFUL" WITH NO MONIES BEING PAID OUT UNTIL  THE MAJORITY OF COMPETITORS VOTE ON THE ISSUE.    

Without pointing fingers at any individual, IF THERE WAS ANY CHANCE, WHICH THERE WAS, WITH BIRDS BEING REPORTED IN SCOTLAND ON SATURDAY EVENING. THERE WAS IN MY MIND AN OPEN HAND FOR "UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES"  TO OCCUR. I NOW BELIEVE THAT THE RACE SHOULD BE DEEMED  "DOUBTFUL" WITH NO MONIES BEING PAID OUT UNTIL  THE MAJORITY OF COMPETITORS VOTE ON THE ISSUE.    

vic there could be dozens unforeseen cercumstances but we will never know

What will Parky Write about this in the Fancy press about Europa being best in the World ( Loft Mangers not doing there job if not got 50% to the Final well what about after the final . 01%) Over 6000 birds lost in 3 Years !!!! Na he will say oh hard race and we bred 2nd place lining his own pockets. Birds come 1st Parky not Beer Burgers & Money. Its a total Disgrace!!!!

that clown drew £5000 from pigeon-chat last year and never even supported it this year used the money to finance his europa birds id guess, well we never needed him.............

that clown drew £5000 from pigeon-chat last year and never even supported it this year used the money to finance his europa birds id guess, well we never needed him.............

THEY RECKON A BHW WITHOUT A  MUGSHOT OF  HIS EGOTISTIC TENDENCIES , IS A COLLECTORS ITEM WORTH A FEW BOB. SAME TRAIT AS "I LIKE ME LYCETT." WHAT A  MATCED PAIR?  LOL.  

You have done your bit to populate town centres too, so pot calling the kettle black springs to mind! Instead of sniping at eachother perhaps you so called one loft managers should get together and sort yourselves out more for the sake of the birds than anything else!

no as i have stated ban one loft s all together  were is the sport yes me and you can puy one in but look at list birds how maney big flyers and numbers of birds they put in future distroyer of sport
Just another hole to be buried in maybe!

Everyone on here is pre-judging Europa's decision to liberate as a bad one.  I didn't have any birds in - I never have entered a OLR, but if I did, I would want to know what  the justification to liberate was.  Most importantly, What line of flight reports were received, and from whom.  If I didn't get a favourable answer, then I'd be pretty sore.  At the end of the day fanciers have entrusted their best birds into the hands of a third party and paid good money in so doing.  The bottom line in any service industry is that people can vote with their feet.  If fanciers are not satisfied with explanations given don't enter next year!

I have little doubt that this OLR is a money making enterprise.  Nothing wrong with that, as long as it is not the priority when the decision making process is invoked.  I suggested on a previous reply that independent race controllers be appointed before a licence be issued.  Overall, and in general terms, a licence should only be given when the issuer is satisfied the pigeons and individual fanciers interests are being properly observed.

Just another hole to be buried in maybe!

i think it is myself take rpra one who gave opinion on holding one not us it was one off for jubilee then every thing was sold at a loss what did they make for future of sport nowt so what bright spark said as we have sold everthing lets hold another spend god knows how much and then pay a manger oowill leave that part out but a lot to loook after birds train then all cost training fuel time then peter goes to loft gets travel money and he does oh yes then all other costs all for future of sport dont make me cry rpra have done more to take sport backwards than anything and in disscusions with rpra its evident they have no idea on whats happening

sorry frank ,,not now they havent  :) [wish it were true though] as i said b4,  there  will be birds timed in tomorrow,,,,some, not under their own steam,, where theres money?? theres muck?? [no, not the wrong way round,unfortunately  :)] the race , in my opinion is a farce now,,    a good enough race in itself for fanciers who like these races , but due to the liberation in such weather conditions , has made it such as many birds are in lofts,  and many more flying around here" lost" right up till darkness , i certainly hope the winner is a genuine winner [im sure it would be quite easy to tell by any knowledgable fancier] on looking at the bird on arrival  , so hopefully tomorrow , all who have entered ,have better news than they have had today and certainly hope there is a good return tomorrow,,

i think my previous post ,as above,, is similar to to vics later post ,,which i agree with entirely,,, ,there were , fanciers up here,  had birds in their lofts [on the liberation day] from this one loft race ,,,yet had birds competing in it,,,,,FARCE,  is not the word i would use , :(if this were me i would not demand my money back , i would" GET"  it back and beleive me ,,",I WOULD"

,,   [i was in this race,, and scored,, a couple of years ago, but vowed then ,,never again,as i beleive i was conned ,,not with the bird that i bred and  scored,with , but with the bird i bidded to "activate" thus become my other entry,after the agreement was settled and i had the bird ???,,,,,at the last minute was told there was a mistake and that someone else had actually activated  the bird b4 me??... this turned out to have been the owning  belg syndicate [who owned the bird in the first place]  , where the pigeon in question won a lot more money than i did??? ,,no never again , so i repeat ,,where theres money theres muck,yes , that way round  :)

due to the circumstances i know about,, and have posted above , i must agree with vics post  here :(

PERHAPS SOME OF YOU GUYS, THINK THAY JIMMY AND I, ARE IN CONSTANT CONTACT , EITHER BY PMS , PHONE OR WHATEVER. JIMMY IS A MODERATOR ON THIS SITE AND HE WILL TELL YOU WHEN OUR LAST CONTACT WAS.  IT IS IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO HAVE TWO STALWARTS AGREEING AS WE DO. ON HEARING ABOUUT THE WEATHER ON LIBERATION, WHERE JIMMY LIVES, I WAS THE FIRST OUT OF THE 11000 VIEWERS (ALLMOST) TO TAKE JIMMIES LOCAL FORECAST, INTO MY VIEW, AND DECLARE THAT THERE WOULD BE NO BIRDS HOME ON THE DAY, KNOWING THAT JIMMIE THOUGHT LIKEWISE. AFTER A FEW HOURS , THESE BIRDS WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES, DUE TO A FARCIAL LIBERATION. i EVEN JOKED ON THE SITE THAT ONE WAS IN MY POSESSION, TRYING TO MAKE THE NOVICES UNDERSTAND , WHAT COULD HAPPEN. NOW AFTER THIS DISMAL WEEKEND, WHO CAN SAY, NO DASTARDLY DEEDS TOOK PLACE, WITH SO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED. i will finish as time is getting short, by asking any interested parties to read the wink wink episode on the Forum between myself and Jimmie. Thanks for the correct forecast Jim.      

Congratulations on all those whose birds were timed in today from the Europa fiasco, no one can blame or fault any of these brave and gallant birds for what has taken place.

Personally I would love to see the weather forecasts that the so-called experts that run this race examined and made their decison to liberate based on yesterday, becasue any weather forecasts that I seen all indicated the weather that the birds encountered yesterday. With the years of experience that some of the people managing this race have in pigeons, they should have known better, these were young pigeons being jumped approx 150 from their last race, in one of the so-called show case races of the year in Europe and more attention should have been taken to ensure that; these birds all had a reasonable chance of getting home on the day of liberation. Forget about the hospitality tents, the media and the big payout, the pigeons should have come first, not the other way around. It's easy to say what could or should have been done in hindsight I know, but the organisers of this race made one hell of a cock-up and they should at least stand up and admit it and take it on the chin and say they made a mistake, and for once put the welfare of the pigeons first and not their egos.

Most of the youngsters in this race I'm sure flew themselves to a standstill yesterday flying around and around looking for a break in the weather to try and head off in the direction off Cardiff. Know doubt some more birds will find their way back either on their own steam or via help from fanciers, if 10% of the birds make it back in a 2 week period though I'd be surprised, and that should never be acceptable, especially when you are talking about top young birds from many top lofts in Europe and further afield. In all of this though it's the pigeons and the fanciers that bred them that suffer, all because the business plan for the day suggested that the birds must go up, to satisfy the audience, to me thats not what I got into pigeon racing for and is not sport.

PJ

Think myself they will struggle to reach approx 5% of entry home,of course would imaigne many will be "couriered" back post haste,there is the Auction yet to come,and again more dosh to be gathered in,why doesnt the Union who granted the licence look for some answers,if this farce can be spoken of as best in the World, WOULD HATE TO SEE THE WORST

Congratulations on all those whose birds were timed in today from the Europa fiasco, no one can blame or fault any of these brave and gallant birds for what has taken place.

Personally I would love to see the weather forecasts that the so-called experts that run this race examined and made their decison to liberate based on yesterday, becasue any weather forecasts that I seen all indicated the weather that the birds encountered yesterday. With the years of experience that some of the people managing this race have in pigeons, they should have known better, these were young pigeons being jumped approx 150 from their last race, in one of the so-called show case races of the year in Europe and more attention should have been taken to ensure that; these birds all had a reasonable chance of getting home on the day of liberation. Forget about the hospitality tents, the media and the big payout, the pigeons should have come first, not the other way around. It's easy to say what could or should have been done in hindsight I know, but the organisers of this race made one hell of a cock-up and they should at least stand up and admit it and take it on the chin and say they made a mistake, and for once put the welfare of the pigeons first and not their egos.

Most of the youngsters in this race I'm sure flew themselves to a standstill yesterday flying around and around looking for a break in the weather to try and head off in the direction off Cardiff. Know doubt some more birds will find their way back either on their own steam or via help from fanciers, if 10% of the birds make it back in a 2 week period though I'd be surprised, and that should never be acceptable, especially when you are talking about top young birds from many top lofts in Europe and further afield. In all of this though it's the pigeons and the fanciers that bred them that suffer, all because the business plan for the day suggested that the birds must go up, to satisfy the audience, to me thats not what I got into pigeon racing for and is not sport.

PJ

Some silly stuff has been written on here by many anons. I have just read one or 2 who have sensible heads on. PJ I have highligthed yours not because it is better than some of the others but because I can not fault what you have said. A very good thought out piece.