europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

Some favour a certain one loft race to others being they like the race distance the way they are run the information been put forward on the websites etc etc. The rpra loft has filled up the last 2 years in 3 weeks and it will again next year so we must be doing something right. I should really stay out of the politics as this is not me i am a pigeon man who enjoys what i do even tho its hard at times with the flak i get etc. I am sure the Europa will learn from this and i hope to do better in 2009.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of interest how many on here are or have been race controllers and can honestly say they have taken a chance on a liberation

maybe they have come out ok or it has blown up in there face

once youve made a decition and cut the strings theres no going back

i know i have never and would not like to

thats what happened sunday they made a decition and it back fired

we were all told on the day after the lib if the birds kept to the west they would come through if they went to the east then it would be a diff story and unliklly

tom the wise men woulden"t have  come  from east on sunday :'(

im in no way saying the lib was right the returns tell you that

dont look at it that way

im just relating to the sport in general when people make mistakes then everyone got a loaded gun to there head be it federation or any other organisation

I personally decided not to enter any one loft race's when i found out one modified there own ets software."if its not broke dont try to fix it comes to mind unless there is a hidden agenda".Maybe they should get some experieced distance flyers to help set the youngsters up as if they was flying a 500 miler the velocities would be slow but in the event of a disaster the birds would at least have extra reserves to work there way back.Still hindsight is a wonderfull thing this wasnt the only disaster over the weekend it seem's the weather caught most of the pigeon people out  .I find it hard to see how personally its not as if people wernt warned that the weather was going to be bad.Still money talks .

HE SPEAKS VERY HIGHLY OF YOU MIND! SAYING YOU  ENTERED 9 LOST 9  THEN NEVER SAW YOU AGAIN. AT THE RACE OR CATCHING THE EELS IN THE RIVER BANKS!
TENNY YOU HAVE GOT PEOPLE MIXED UP I AM THE PERSON THAT CATCHES THE EELS AND I DID HAVE  BIRDS IN THE EUROPA RACE A FEW YEARS AGO ,I WAS IN THE SAME CLUB AS CRIS ,BUT I AM NOT CRIS SO I HOPE YOU PUT THIS RIGHT WITH DERECK ,[sEE WHAT PIGEON FOLK ARE LIKE ,THEY CAN MAKE OTHERS FALL OUT WITH YOU WHEN YOU GOT SOD ALL TO DO WITH THINGS ]I GET ON WITH DERECK EVEN IF I DONT AGREE WITH SOME OF HIS WAYS ,SO PLEASE PUT THE RECORD STRAIT WITH HIM .ATB LES [i HAVE ONLY COME BACK ON THIS SITE TO CORRECT THIS MATTER ,NOW I HAVE TO ASK AGAIN TO BE TAKEN OF ]

I am sure everyone here know's that it was madness to liberate these young birds in the conditions that they were liberated into on Sunday.

Ok, the weather at the liberation site looked ok, even thought it was dull and overcast with no sun. 20 miles down the road the conditions where a lot different and on the televison and in Monday's newspapers all you heard or read about was flooding in areas of England.

For a race of 300 miles even in a good day with a tail wind the lead birds would still in most cases need at least 5 hours of decent weather to home in good time, and even then there will always be late birds, which may take anything up to 8 hours or even more to make their way home. So on average these young birds last Sunday would have at least required reasonable weather for 5-8 hours for the majority of the convoy to make it back to Cardiff. No one can guarantee that our weather will be perfect for that period of time, especially as how our summers have been this year,  but to give the birds at least a fighting chance they would have needed a spell of 4 hours + of decent weather and it doesn't really take rocket scienist to know this.

This didn't happen as we all know now, but what really annoys me about the whole mess is that there has been on formal apology and feedback from the race from the organisers of the event. I haven't seen any race report on the Europa website about the race, when this was their 'main event ' of the whole one loft campaign.

If the organisers made a mistake then admit it, if not provide an explanation on why they felt conditions where suitable for a liberation and what information this decision was based on.

If they feel they did all they could for the birds to give them the best chance of homing on the day and they have sound evidence to back this up, then they probabally did what the majority of us would do in the same situation. If however the liberation was made to accomodate the audience in Cardiff with the hope of a few birds battling through the conditions and making it back to the lofts on the day then the organisers didn't make the decision to liberate in the best interest of the pigeons or their owners but for their own agenda and this to me isn't acceptable.

The people in charge of the race should come out and at least explain themselves and their decisions and not paper over their own mistakes, almost 50 youngsters made their way back to Cardiff in 2 days, what about the 1,200 who never.

Did these birds get a fighting chance to make it home or were the sacrificed in the name of sports for a media circus?

No one can turn the clock back and what has happened has happened, but at least if nothing else now the people in charge of these races will have to take notice of fanciers feelings and think of the welfare of the birds first and not their bank balances.

If Derek Nichols and his team did everything that they could to get the birds home on the day then I feel sorry for them because they did the best they could for the pigeons, if however they have no evidence to back this up then I have zero sympathy for them, and if by any chance the RPRA look into this fiasco and revoke their license they have no one to blame but themselves.

It is easy to stay silent or get a scribe or PR manager to put a spin on the race and hope that fanciers forget with time and everything settles in a few weeks, but the least fanciers who paid good money to enter birds into this race deserve is answers to those difficult questions that need to be asked and answered. If this is a business then us fanciers are it's customers and we at least deserve a detailed explanation of what happend last Sunday and why.

PJ

do you think its fair to keep £12,000 for next years race after

what happend a refund would be better or a raffle of  names who entered £100 each to the  lost  birds,   or £200 with raffle :D

PERHAPS SOME OF YOU GUYS, THINK THAY JIMMY AND I, ARE IN CONSTANT CONTACT , EITHER BY PMS , PHONE OR WHATEVER. JIMMY IS A MODERATOR ON THIS SITE AND HE WILL TELL YOU WHEN OUR LAST CONTACT WAS.  IT IS IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO HAVE TWO STALWARTS AGREEING AS WE DO. ON HEARING ABOUUT THE WEATHER ON LIBERATION, WHERE JIMMY LIVES, I WAS THE FIRST OUT OF THE 11000 VIEWERS (ALLMOST) TO TAKE JIMMIES LOCAL FORECAST, INTO MY VIEW, AND DECLARE THAT THERE WOULD BE NO BIRDS HOME ON THE DAY, KNOWING THAT JIMMIE THOUGHT LIKEWISE. AFTER A FEW HOURS , THESE BIRDS WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES, DUE TO A FARCIAL LIBERATION. i EVEN JOKED ON THE SITE THAT ONE WAS IN MY POSESSION, TRYING TO MAKE THE NOVICES UNDERSTAND , WHAT COULD HAPPEN. NOW AFTER THIS DISMAL WEEKEND, WHO CAN SAY, NO DASTARDLY DEEDS TOOK PLACE, WITH SO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED. i will finish as time is getting short, by asking any interested parties to read the wink wink episode on the Forum between myself and Jimmie. Thanks for the correct forecast Jim.      

this post,, i can assure any members, is excactly  ,true and to the point ,,, we,  vic and myself, have had no contact  whatsoever between each other in anyway exept for posting on this forum ,,if we agree then we agree , if we didnt agree im quite sure either of us  would not be frightened to say so,,in the case of this race it looks like we have agreed entirely  

I am sure everyone here know's that it was madness to liberate these young birds in the conditions that they were liberated into on Sunday.

Ok, the weather at the liberation site looked ok, even thought it was dull and overcast with no sun. 20 miles down the road the conditions where a lot different and on the televison and in Monday's newspapers all you heard or read about was flooding in areas of England.

For a race of 300 miles even in a good day with a tail wind the lead birds would still in most cases need at least 5 hours of decent weather to home in good time, and even then there will always be late birds, which may take anything up to 8 hours or even more to make their way home. So on average these young birds last Sunday would have at least required reasonable weather for 5-8 hours for the majority of the convoy to make it back to Cardiff. No one can guarantee that our weather will be perfect for that period of time, especially as how our summers have been this year,  but to give the birds at least a fighting chance they would have needed a spell of 4 hours + of decent weather and it doesn't really take rocket scienist to know this.

This didn't happen as we all know now, but what really annoys me about the whole mess is that there has been on formal apology and feedback from the race from the organisers of the event. I haven't seen any race report on the Europa website about the race, when this was their 'main event ' of the whole one loft campaign.

If the organisers made a mistake then admit it, if not provide an explanation on why they felt conditions where suitable for a liberation and what information this decision was based on.

If they feel they did all they could for the birds to give them the best chance of homing on the day and they have sound evidence to back this up, then they probabally did what the majority of us would do in the same situation. If however the liberation was made to accomodate the audience in Cardiff with the hope of a few birds battling through the conditions and making it back to the lofts on the day then the organisers didn't make the decision to liberate in the best interest of the pigeons or their owners but for their own agenda and this to me isn't acceptable.

The people in charge of the race should come out and at least explain themselves and their decisions and not paper over their own mistakes, almost 50 youngsters made their way back to Cardiff in 2 days, what about the 1,200 who never.

Did these birds get a fighting chance to make it home or were the sacrificed in the name of sports for a media circus?

No one can turn the clock back and what has happened has happened, but at least if nothing else now the people in charge of these races will have to take notice of fanciers feelings and think of the welfare of the birds first and not their bank balances.

If Derek Nichols and his team did everything that they could to get the birds home on the day then I feel sorry for them because they did the best they could for the pigeons, if however they have no evidence to back this up then I have zero sympathy for them, and if by any chance the RPRA look into this fiasco and revoke their license they have no one to blame but themselves.

It is easy to stay silent or get a scribe or PR manager to put a spin on the race and hope that fanciers forget with time and everything settles in a few weeks, but the least fanciers who paid good money to enter birds into this race deserve is answers to those difficult questions that need to be asked and answered. If this is a business then us fanciers are it's customers and we at least deserve a detailed explanation of what happend last Sunday and why.

PJ

good posting pj hope we get some answers

we are in senen cove 306mls with the infc held over last 2 days i think the committee are a bit nervious on letting go

forcast for tommorrow fair so heres hoping for a good race

Guest Thunder Birds
im sorry but reading the posts i think its time to call it a draw as its over now and rather than keep ripping into each other i d rather feel sorry for all those missing birds and hope they can make it home

Good call Mick!

On there Website its says that the race is now closed prize money not won will roll over to next year for a Special Prize!!! :X

I have just read the rules. It does not mention anything, as far as I could see as to a closing of the race. It says prize money paid to the first 100 home. there site has now removed that the race is closed so what is happening is the "race" still on?

i see from the europa report ,that apart from the first prize all other prizes are to be reduced by a third because they did'nt have enough birds entered(2,206 including ventuer birds) although they had a similar figure to last year, why has he not mentioned this until now is it because he's losing his slice of the auction money i wonder.