europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

WE ALL LOSE BIRDS ! SHOULD WE BAN DOMESTIC RACING TOO?  I UNDERSTAND YOU ENTERED BEFORE BUT ALL 9 BIRDS FELL EARLY AND NEVER REACHED THE FINAL RACE, THATS JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE. ALL YOU CAN DO IS GET BETTER BIRDS AND TRY TO IMPROVE. THAT GOES FOR DOMESTIC RACES AND ONELOFT RACES.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEREMY, YOU SEEM TO HAVE A LOT TO SAY FOR YOURSELF WHICH IS SURPRISING CONSIDERING......

BEARING IN MIND YOU ONLY GOT 225 BIRDS FROM FINAL RACE AFTER 5 DAYS WITH MORE THAN 1000 BIRDS GETTING LOST IN THE TRAINING AND RACES YOU HAD .

AND BEFORE YOU STATE THATS MORE THAN EUROPA ITS WORTH MENTIONING YOUR FINAL RACE WAS UNDER 200 MILES!  WHERE ARE YOUR 1000 BIRDS NOW?

PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR OWN RECORD BEFORE COMMENTING ON OTHERS

NO DOUBT MOST USERS ARE UNAWARE OF YOUR POOR PERFORMANCES THIS YEAR WHICH INCIDENTLY IS CONSISTANT LOOKING AT YOUR RESULTS FROM 2007 WHERE YOU ONLY HAD 97 BIRDS REACH THE AUCTION.

NOBODYS PERFECT JEREMY

POT KETTLE BLACK SPRINGS TO MIND!

but were these birds jumped 150 miles ,like i have read on here these birds were?,also what were the weather conditions for the final race? sorry just asking no axe to grind one way or another

albear i think russell is the man that deals with the money side of it pools/activation of birds. im sorry if i seemed ''off'' with your reply im just a bit pi'ssed off with it all.

not sure on who the commitee are,

we can only wait on there decision :-/

No probs mate.

HE SPEAKS VERY HIGHLY OF YOU MIND! SAYING YOU  ENTERED 9 LOST 9  THEN NEVER SAW YOU AGAIN. AT THE RACE OR CATCHING THE EELS IN THE RIVER BANKS!

not me my lord yes we put them in in 2002 never again best birds from all nat winners went in one toss never to be seeen again dereck knows how i feel on one lofts now  all 24 members wanted to enter all said no more never even had money our bird in lost bird syndicate won

The open race rules that you send to the region when you apply for an open race licence and that is given to all members that send to any open race or thats what i have always done and a copy of the balance sheet that you send to region  afterwards

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

europa sent 1176 young bird entries 300 miles and had 48 in race time

and people say ban one loft races

welsh combine sent just over 1000 experienced old birds 500 mile and had 35 in race time

so have we got to abolish federation races too

EUROPACLASSIC PRIZEMONEY

2nd prize - £15,000 3rd prize - £10,000 4th prize - £5,000

5th prize - £3,000 6th prize - £2,000 7th prize - £1,500

8th prize - £1,300 9th prize - £1,200 10th & 11th - £1,100

12th & 13th - £1,000 14th & 15th - £900 16th & 17th - £800

18th & 19th - £700 20th to 30th - £600 31st to 40th - £400

41st & 70th - £300 71st to 100th - £200

nobody mentioning the Galway oneloft race that failed to get any home at all! they rolling over to next year where you need to pay to enter again but prize money doubled...incidently birdage nest year will be double so surely prize money would be double anyway?

This thread is about the Europa race, why refer to Galway AND what's the issue about Jeremy, he's entitled to his opinion on this as we all are. If you have an axe to grind about the Galway race or the RPRA race, then perhaps you need to open seperate threads, rather than try and bully Jeremy out of posting. Jeremy is in a unique position he runs such a race, so he has a great insight that may be very helpful in trying to unravel this terrible disaster. And it is in the 'public pigeon fancy interest' that what happened here is fully investigated.

I would hope the RPRA region that issued the licence launches a proper investigation, in to what happened. Sometimes it's hard to see the wood from the trees. Look at Ian's photographs of the liberation, no sign of rain but grey skies but only a few miles away Jimmy says the weather was dirty and reports seem to be the case all the way down.  Proper investigation would ask for the weather forecast information povided. The contacts on line of flight and confirmation from them of their advice /weather conditions and verificaion with other fanciers in these contacts area. The name of the person who authorsed the liberation and a statement from that person of how s/he concluded it was safe to liberate.

welsh combine sent just over 1000 experienced old birds 500 mile and had 35 in race time

no rose experienced old birds

Tom you are trying to defend a disastrous race with spin. Ian did the ame when he referred to the RPRA Nantes race, it has nothing to do with this disaster.

you are quite aware of the conclution on the race chris and it would be improper of me to comment on it

the issue i am raising is that once a deasaster happens everyone jumps on the band wagon condems the set up any one and everyone involved

The likes of Jimmie White and myself are still shaking  our heads at the  acceptence of a race that was a farce from the off.   WITH   NO THOUGHT FOR FOR THE SAFETY OF THE YBS

AT ALL.  YOU GREEDY *expletive removed*! SHOULD NOT BE CLASSED AS PIGEON FANCIERS, BUT PIGEON FINANCIERS.

you are quite aware of the conclution on the race chris and it would be improper of me to comment on it

the issue i am raising is that once a deasaster happens everyone jumps on the band wagon condems the set up any one and everyone involved

But this disaster could very easily have been avoided as it was madness to let birds go on sunday morning!!!

i agree with tom all the way it was a very bad result for all involved   only thing i would say is does this race have to be over 300 mile surelly 250 is enough

first part i agree sorry tom rest second part no i played hell when all our birds went missing on one toss never seen again and you know the flyers in my club and calaber of birds and i played hell when we never had money for our bird in lost bird syndicate  anyone can comment on this race as its public knowledge and 1200 birds tom ids big big loss as is 500 from thornbury 30 miles rpra one loft

JEREMY, YOU SEEM TO HAVE A LOT TO SAY FOR YOURSELF WHICH IS SURPRISING CONSIDERING......

BEARING IN MIND YOU ONLY GOT 225 BIRDS FROM FINAL RACE AFTER 5 DAYS WITH MORE THAN 1000 BIRDS GETTING LOST IN THE TRAINING AND RACES YOU HAD .

AND BEFORE YOU STATE THATS MORE THAN EUROPA ITS WORTH MENTIONING YOUR FINAL RACE WAS UNDER 200 MILES!  WHERE ARE YOUR 1000 BIRDS NOW?

PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR OWN RECORD BEFORE COMMENTING ON OTHERS

NO DOUBT MOST USERS ARE UNAWARE OF YOUR POOR PERFORMANCES THIS YEAR WHICH INCIDENTLY IS CONSISTANT LOOKING AT YOUR RESULTS FROM 2007 WHERE YOU ONLY HAD 97 BIRDS REACH THE AUCTION.

NOBODYS PERFECT JEREMY

POT KETTLE BLACK SPRINGS TO MIND!

Lol well not blowing my own kettle just said what was on the Europa site. In 2007 172 birds went to the Yearling race and 92 to auction so get your facts right before you talk rubbish. I think we have 1 of the best records in one loft racing in the uk. If you can do better get you *expletive removed* over here in 2009  :P

yes maybe so

im not trying to put a different spin on it there were plenty of disapointd people who had birds in there

but to say all one loft races should be abolished over it is not the ansewer

if that was so everytime someone drops a clanger be it big or small theres always people who want to stand has judge jury and executioner and condem any ideas

yes maybe so

im not trying to put a different spin on it there were plenty of disapointd people who had birds in there

but to say all one loft races should be abolished over it is not the ansewer

if that was so everytime someone drops a clanger be it big or small theres always people who want to stand has judge jury and executioner and condem any ideas

not me tom im giving my view i beleave they will finish sport its big money and haveing spoken to peaple who say breed put in sit back and pray they have lost the true meaning of sport its money money thats it

just out of interest how many on here are or have been race controllers and can honestly say they have taken a chance on a liberation

maybe they have come out ok or it has blown up in there face

once youve made a decition and cut the strings theres no going back

i know i have never and would not like to

thats what happened sunday they made a decition and it back fired

we were all told on the day after the lib if the birds kept to the west they would come through if they went to the east then it would be a diff story and unliklly

just out of interest how many on here are or have been race controllers and can honestly say they have taken a chance on a liberation

we were all told on the day after the lib if the birds kept to the west they would come through if they went to the east then it would be a diff story and unliklly

tom how can you think at all this lib was right if 10 miles down road its terrable and on line flight loft knew that but let go why??????

Sunday was'nt about taking a chance it was madness and it turned out so when you have guys staying less than 20 mls south of lib point saying it rained all day and you have some of the worst floods this year in Morpeth with that same band of heavy rain moving across the north of England that day what chance did these young pigeons have???? No wonder so many are missing and it ain't down to the pigeons..