europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

Guest strapper

Put the report on before I saw it had already gone on.

Chrisss, I am amazed that you think it is odd that that he calls some scum. I think he has been very restrained in the way he has written about all the mis informants and trouble makers and name calling of him and his race. He could have been more vocal. If he is caled down he has a right to reply in the same way as it was put.

I am sure many on here will jump onthe band wagon and shout me down, and they will be upset wih the word scum :-/

surprising how nice some can be when they are counting pounds, i think derek has only himself to blame after making that tv programme, it gave a side of him that people dont like, not a very good advertisment for him that night.

when u mess with peoples money and property u have to get it right!

this time derek didnt and he has to take it like a man.

no matter wot the outcome of this race he would gain by it and will have a healthier bank balance for it.

although some will want to enter this europa race again, surely there will be those that say stuff that!

i have a question?

why does the race come under rpra race rules when it is not started in the rpra region and dont end up in it either?

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now we've had the view of Mr Nicolls and the views of the numptys. Lots of emotion from both sides. Time for balanced views, forget the spin about other races and committees and the anti Mr Nicolls view points. Time for facts to be verified I'm sure Mr Nicolls would welcome an enquiry to verify his report, that would certainly help him if the RPRA region came out and confirmed that it was a reasonable decision. Also perhaps there needs to be scrutiny of the amount of money being carried over to next year how can fanciers who enter next year and have not previously contributed to this amount have an entitlement to it, and vice versa?

It would be good for everyone if the licensing authority carried out an independant inquiry.

"the birds for some crazy reason had gone down the eastern side of the country"

So let's blame the pigeons, it's ther fault that they never got home now is it?  What a heartless thing to say.  Perhaps they went down the East as the weather was so shocking they couldn't see to get over the Pentland Hills.  Even with East in the wind the visibility still needs to be good.  

....the birds for some crazy reason had gone down the eastern side of the country......

That statement does two things: it shifts the blame onto the pigeons; and it implies that the disaster that the race was is incomprehensible.

The fact of the matter is the weather that day was unsuitable for a pigeon race from Edinburgh to South Wales. The pigeons went down the east side of the country because the conditions were so bad EVERYWHERE they were probably totally confused and had no idea where they were going.

its been stated mr nicolls was not at the loft but in fact in ireland so how can he say anything as to all the peaple giving the permission to lib only one person does that dereck it beggers beleafe that to date birds home amount to 50 as of last night  rpra should revoke anymore licances to him as a mumty im clever enough to know that but as dereck pointed out in bhw i dont need permission from anyone the club he uses to get licance should be removed from rpra they have no control on this race at all and thats fact not fiction

its been stated mr nicolls was not at the loft but in fact in ireland so how can he say anything as to all the peaple giving the permission to lib only one person does that dereck it beggers beleafe that to date birds home amount to 50 as of last night  rpra should revoke anymore licances to him as a mumty im clever enough to know that but as dereck pointed out in bhw i dont need permission from anyone the club he uses to get licance should be removed from rpra they have no control on this race at all and thats fact not fiction

More mis information (dizzy)(dizzy)(dizzy)

Chris, Once again you have been misinformed.

Derek was not in Ireland. He was at loft, have you not read the loft report. He is in Ireland now however as the Emerald classic One loft birds where liberated at 9.45am.

Just thought i'd clear up inaccuracies.

well i surgest you speak to dai fed driver then he has europas transporter and he is one said it at club fri night      so there

really and truly this must come to a end there are disasters every week in some part of the country and to be fair that real bad weather was not predicted and of a race of 300 mile in which i do think is a little far  that my own opinion of course  but i was watching weather forecast on the net and on tele and if the birds had of going they way that was expected yes they would have hit rain but not in the same amounts as the way the birds must of went

there one other thing that a little off the point but sure here we go where i live was a major passing point for a certain federation up to about 5 years ago i would see 1000s of birds but now i see noting and i mean noting birds in same race point same winds same everything really i really cant understand it but has anyone else noticed this are birds taking a different line towards a few year back just a thought

im missinformed of lot of things but noone can correct them    only jump in and support my view  lets not go that rd today the sun is out  derecks looking to next year but on grape vine i beleave one is under costruction not to far from herewith top prize 40.000 and thats garanteed regardless of birds more in fo later set in 95 aces land fantastic poistion  not sxcuse,s after and money will be paid if 5 or 500 not cridets given wake up peaple cridet win win win all one loft even sale wi win one loft

Guest redwhiteblue

Having just read Europa's race report I was there at the liberation, he states quite clearly that there was 20 people in attendance there was 3 people from Europa, 1 reporter, 4 members of Central, 3 from North West and 1 man from the house.  This does not add up to 20!!

Where abouts is your location 'just ask me'.  Our federation does not take the same line anymore, but in my opinion that is because instead of my section sending 1200 birds they are only sending 400/500 so keeping with the rest of the federation. If 1200 birds are going to one loft i am sure they would keep the line of flight as much as they could, UNLESS weather conditions prevail. Which i believe happened here. Those birds should not have been liberated (end of) and yes he will have a race next year, but only if foolhardy fanciers support it

really and truly this must come to a end there are disasters every week in some part of the country and to be fair that real bad weather was not predicted and of a race of 300 mile in which i do think is a little far  that my own opinion of course

If the bad weather was not predicted, then why was there 2 different lots of Scottish National birds heldover for the whole weekend? :-/

Having just read Europa's race report I was there at the liberation, he states quite clearly that there was 20 people in attendance there was 3 people from Europa, 1 reporter, 4 members of Central, 3 from North West and 1 man from the house.  This does not add up to 20!!

Yer buts thats his counting  ;D

I, but how many folk were in the bushes ;)

chris08 derek was at the lofts deffo as i was talking too malonebros he wasthere waiting for the birds.............as far as i read it all critisisims coming from this site according to a post on chat....in reply to that unfortunatley people will have there opinions does that make them scum??? i dont think so...........

i have a mind to say lets call it a day if you dont fly then that will have an effect but as someone else siad short memorys but it will be intresting how maney fanciaers will now have to pay to get there birds home last year most were not transfered i have no idea on this year remains to be seen  a final word as you know i like to get it is this race is rammmed down our throats if we fly or not in book or in post or someone talks about it so we all can air our views??????freely

this a very hot topic at the mo!!!!,clearly the wrong decision to let em go,however it was not done on purpose as this has done them no favours for next year. being the race controller is thank less job you can have 20 good races & no one says a thing,then have 1 bad race & everyone jumps down your neck!!!!
No! You fly by nights, only have  one thing in common, i.e. to make a  big profit

regardless of the cost, be it pigeons , whatsover . As long, at the end of the day, you  have all your pockets lined.  Damn you all!