europa birds are set to go sun

Guest tom123

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry to say,  allthough good pics , 4 miles from  there  at 7 30 it was absolutly bucketing down ,, the birds had absolutely no chance ,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever excuse is given,,,,,,,the birds should most definately,  never in a month of sundays been liberated ,

i should suggest that any honest fanciers with europa birds in their lofts , should be given to me,[0131 440 0484 ], ill collect them if need be  ,,and give them to pigeon tracker [from wales] to be returned to their loft and owners i,e europa lofts,  on wednesday [this is the day hes doing the scottish run],im sure derick would be pleased for the owners, and himself ,,to have these birds returned and quite sure he would be able to afford the carriage , the weather here is bright and sunny , allthough some might make it home, im  afraid most of these yb,s will be beaten into the ground ,i sincerly hope many birds return today , but out of the 1200 birds im  not convinced many will return , unless the lucky ones that have entered honest fanciers lofts [and there are many]  look after then untill capable of release , quite simply        " the pigeons  should never have been liberated"         ,im annoyed at some  fanciers who   are competing in this race ,were more interested in the booze up,  down in wales , whist these yb,s were struggling .

Whos to say these birds are going to get in in numbers to morrow,birds being lofted 60/70 miles from lib site after hours on wing,strikes me as a disaster,again these birds looked like they were just the supporting act for to day,"commodities"nothing else,no wonder pigeon racing gets such bad press,pigeons welfare should always come first,not in this instance it appears.

slaughter of the innocents

Having done some convoying it was commonly agreed amongst all convoyers that if the birds don't have sight of the sun or it's whereabouts at the time of lib., they struggle.  In this particular case, there may be an argument which says the birds could have gone, providing all other factors were favourable.  In this case all other factors were far from that, ie It was a young bird race, with a jump of over 150 mls, with poor weather en route!

told there is five back now :o

1. 1 TWO REMEMBER GB 08 N 29896 10:44:33.05

2. NABEEL ALBAKER GB 08 N 24023 11:08:57.45

3. J S L SECURITY GB 08 N 42997 12:49:03.40

4. PERT RED RYE GB 08 N 46702 12:51:33.80

5. DARLO DREAMERS GB 08 D 02401 12:53:46.55

only 1095 to make it home

well i aint been keen since i saw the crap on the telly never did nothing for pigeon racing in my opinion...

have to agree there Mick , anyone who would spend there money for a new kitchen by betting on a bird in a one loft race is in it for money and gambling , not prestige of the sport or the birds welfare

i didint read all the posts but some of posts on here and what they suggest are mad it is a great advetisement for pigeons this gets more attention and races like it in the press than any other part of our sport surelly that can only be a good thing and about the money so what if thers money to be won what wrong with that   i think its a great test for a pigeon all racing to the one loft all getting the same feed and treatment no location prefence here winds dont make a difference as all flying to the one loft surelly this a true test of a pigeon where the small back yard fanicer can compete with the big boys