Scottish National Performances..

Guest JonesyBhoy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JonesyBhoy
around 18. if you consider since the seventies there have been an extra one each year that makes around 18 from 220. around 9 per cent. why so little.

Even in the hay days of the 50s etc with bigger birdages, its still a very hard area to fly in to..

Guest Gareth Rankin
around 18. if you consider since the seventies there have been an extra one each year that makes around 18 from 220. around 9 per cent. why so little.

For a start the west section on average sends 25% of the convoy but the law of averages that should take place does not happen this is because of the prevailing west wind, the terrain and a finish for the pigeons in the last 60 miles which whilst tired is one of the most densely populated areas in Europe of Peregrines.

Guest JonesyBhoy

For a start the west section on average sends 25% of the convoy but the law of averages that should take place does not happen this is because of the prevailing west wind, the terrain and a finish for the pigeons in the last 60 miles which whilst tired is one of the most densely populated areas in Europe of Peregrines.

Excellent point Gareth, makes you wonder how many good doos which have been nabbed by a BOP in the final stages on the race..

actually less than 25% entry in the most recent gold cup races from the west section,sad really as birdage in the late 70s and early 80s was nearly apples for apples with the east section,the only chance we west section fanciers have of any top national performances in the future is to continue sending through the west federations to the nationals and who knows!!,living the dream. ;) ;) ;) ;D

one from your own fed . cheltenham snfc yb nat William kerr bishopbriggs

2nd west sect 2nd open in a nw wind on a horrible day  flying the furthest n w  on the day ;)

1984 was the year,i think there were only 5 region f birds beating 400 ypm,we timed doing a vel of 399 :'(,if i remember willie kerr raced the bird and she won well to a good age.region e was won in twechar the next morning by willie wilson. ;) ;)

Guest JonesyBhoy

1984 was the year,i think there were only 5 region f birds beating 400 ypm,we timed doing a vel of 399 :'(,if i remember willie kerr raced the bird and she won well to a good age.region e was won in twechar the next morning by willie wilson. ;) ;)

YB Nat was from Worcester 84..

Cheltenham 67 - 76 & 85 - 89

you are correct there john not a bad memory for your age  :P ;D ;D

f .tarnawski from high valley field

a.agnew & son from kelso

t.mc ewan from elphinestone

auld reeki  

s.gibson from falkirk

t.hall from chirnside

g v graham

list of fanciers that done well in snfc not very good with snfc as dont fly in it but seen dvd the best of snfc 2005 and these guys was mentions showing there birds and lofts as well as tips from the fanciers that won in the snfc back in 2005.

all the best.

my hen 5;0CLOCK ROCK 1st open avranches 1st section 622miles winning national by more than 2hrs and sec by 6hrs 5;703 birds competing vel 1107 being awarded the osman memorial - dewars scotch whiskey - bhw -thropies for her outstanding performance i think this bird deserves a mention all the best for 2010

No doubt about it.

It was a superb performance.

Guest Gareth Rankin

my hen 5;0CLOCK ROCK 1st open avranches 1st section 622miles winning national by more than 2hrs and sec by 6hrs 5;703 birds competing vel 1107 being awarded the osman memorial - dewars scotch whiskey - bhw -thropies for her outstanding performance i think this bird deserves a mention all the best for 2010

Quality performance Walter and is up there with the best in history of the club.

Well done Walter great performance that was mate ;)

Alan