Snfc Race Programme 2021

Delboy

All the above might no matter so much now as theres now a possibility of getting into the EU now ie France/Belguim thanks to the RPRA.

Let's see if this materialises fingers crossed!

Yes, great news. I realise now the SNFC dont need a meeting as they just revert back to the original programme, only starting a week later.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RPRA have been working closley with the EU/Deffra to get us UK fanciers racing

again from the Continent.

So we might here something solid in our favour in the next couple if wks.

It's on the RPRA website so we should watch it closley with interest.

This is at least some good news guys!!!

If I’m reading this right we have the chance to race from the continent this year IF the avian flu over there is brought under control. Then from October we are required to meet the quarantine regulations relating to livestock movement. Long time ‘til next year and things could change but if they don’t then we can forget channel racing in future and be reliant on Guernsey as a VERY POOR substitute for Reims, Troyes or any other test of the true distance racing we want.

Be as well way a greyhound at Shawfield if that’s gonna be the case.

If I’m reading this right we have the chance to race from the continent this year IF the avian flu over there is brought under control. Then from October we are required to meet the quarantine regulations relating to livestock movement. Long time ‘til next year and things could change but if they don’t then we can forget channel racing in future and be reliant on Guernsey as a VERY POOR substitute for Reims, Troyes or any other test of the true distance racing we want.

Be as well way a greyhound at Shawfield if that’s gonna be the case.

Reims?? P*** race everytime

As of the 15th May the restrictions relating to Avian Influenza and Channel racing are lifted. The following is taken from the DEFRA website 'All poultry and bird gatherings, including pigeon gatherings organised for races from mainland Europe, will also be permitted, provided organisers notify the Animal and Plant Health Agency at least seven days before the event takes place and that they comply with the provisions of the new General Licence'. Ian Evans CEO

Within our previous update we outlined the importance that the EU position was communicated to the relevant members states and the relevant custom authorities. The current position is that there is still not an agreed process to allow the smooth entry into France. We are working with DEFRA and a contact in France, who in turn is working with the French Customs in an attempt to reach a position where all sides are aware of the required paperwork and process to facilitate entry. In the interest of the pigeons welfare; Until this process has been agreed we would advise against any organisation trying to enter France with pigeons, for the purpose of racing. There remains a real possibility that entry would be refused. We will provide an update as soon as the position is c

Following a number of enquiries we wish to clarify the position in relation to Channel Racing and the statements issued earlier today. The statements relate to two different issues, as follows; 1. Animal Health Law and entry through customs into France 2. Avian Influenza Restrictions relating to racing from the Continent Each statement addresses each issue separately. They highlight that: 1. That the customs requirements/processes in terms of transporting pigeons into France are not yet clarified. 2. The Avian Influenza restrictions have been lifted. Ian Evans CEO

Latest from RPRA. France still looking unlikely, hopefully better news will come from Belgium.

As previously published the EU has agreed to extend the transitional period for the new Animal Health Regulations until October 2021. This news was taken as a positive step towards achieving Channel racing with the understanding that we would be able to move pigeons into the EU on the same basis as we have for decades. However, during the transitional period, EU member states are permitted to apply their own national rules and this is where we currently have an issue. The French position is that an Animal Health certificate remains a requirement. The requirements of the Health certificate include but are not limited to: 1. The loft being under the surveillance of an approved Veterinarian who would sign the Health Certificate that in turn requires points 2 and 3 below. 2. Prior to movement the pigeons could not take part in any races for a period of 30 days prior to being moved into France 3. The pigeons/ each Loft would have to supply evidence of a negative test for Paramyxo and Newcastle Disease carried out by an approved laboratory at least 7 days in advance being transported.

What is being done? Discussions are ongoing. The RPRA is working with the appropriate UK Authorities, APPG, a supportive French Senator, the FCF and FCI to lobby the French Authorities. These discussions are based on the low risk pigeons pose to the spread of the two diseases at the centre of the health certification requirements; Newcastle disease and Avian Influenza. The aim is to remove the requirements of the Health certificate and proceed on the same basis as we have for decades. As a contingency we are also exploring the rules associated with moving pigeons into Belgium, Holland and Germany. It may prove possible to move pigeons into these countries without the Health Certificate. If this proved positive we would at least provide an opportunity for cross channel racing from these Countries.

Why hasn't the RPRA previously explored the possibility of Racing from other European Countries ? Because until the EU applied the transitional period mentioned above such actions would not have been possible. Next Update We will provide the next update as soon as we have any information or by next Friday at the latest. Ian Evans CEO

My advice for what it’s worth is to prepare yer Doos for this program.

This is based on the stipulations being enforced regarding poultry entering the continent. Our problems began when pigeons were clubbed in with chickens etc as poultry and not being regarded solely as a sporting bird and separate entity from birds transported for the dinner tables of the Europeans.

As for Belgium being an option No program has been agreed for racing out of Belgium other than Ypres on the original program voted on by the members so how will we get 4 races out of there at this late stage.

My only comment regards Guernsey is God help the Doos............All comments above are JMO.

post-10492-16216226118976_thumb.jpeg

I really don’t see complaining about money going into the club is an issue. What’s wrong with having a big bank balance ?? I canny see the problem. The only problem I see with it is no one puts in proposals on what to do with it. It’s the members money, each and every one of ours but nobody seems to want to spend it. Buy our own transporter with it, brand new state of the art transport to benefit the birds but we as a club can’t even agree what the best transportation is.

The birds are still eating food mixed with droppings and drinking from water shared by umpteen baskets and that’s just asking for the spread of disease through them. As a group pigeon fanciers are so stuck in the past and bear grudges decades old that prevent progress. Baseless arguments put up to score points against others that aren’t liked whether their ideas have credence or not, we ALL KNOW that’s true but let things fester and allow the same people to dictate to the rest of us.

The club needs 12 good HONEST men to stand up and take us into a brighter future. Are YOU willing to be one of those men ??? Mirror is in yer bathroom.

I really don’t see complaining about money going into the club is an issue. What’s wrong with having a big bank balance ?? I canny see the problem. The only problem I see with it is no one puts in proposals on what to do with it. It’s the members money, each and every one of ours but nobody seems to want to spend it. Buy our own transporter with it, brand new state of the art transport to benefit the birds but we as a club can’t even agree what the best transportation is.

The birds are still eating food mixed with droppings and drinking from water shared by umpteen baskets and that’s just asking for the spread of disease through them. As a group pigeon fanciers are so stuck in the past and bear grudges decades old that prevent progress. Baseless arguments put up to score points against others that aren’t liked whether their ideas have credence or not, we ALL KNOW that’s true but let things fester and allow the same people to dictate to the rest of us.

The club needs 12 good HONEST men to stand up and take us into a brighter future. Are YOU willing to be one of those men ??? Mirror is in yer bathroom.

we could always gee the secretary mare money

you need people who think for the whole of Scotland, not just for their own gains john honest men your kidding me on we all lie tae our woman