Fruit Pickers

Guest mambo

The whole thing is do away with the stupid law that stops kids working until they are 16 and go back to the parks with tattie squads made up of 10/11/12/13/14/year old kids doing the work like a lot of my age did for some cash for yer pocket .It was at times a bit sore until the stiffness wore of but hey there was a lot of laughs and good fun .

Guest mambo

Brexit means Brexit....unfortunately fir the farmers that require foreign seasonal labour to harvest

And there is tumshies to be picked, that's now about November ,after that there is cane cutting on raspberry trees, December you have sprouts to get in and cabbages when are they going to leave again Jan Feb and march you have work for under cover fruit brexit means kid yerself on.

And there is tumshies to be picked, that's now about November ,after that there is cane cutting on raspberry trees, December you have sprouts to get in and cabbages when are they going to leave again Jan Feb and march you have work for under cover fruit brexit means kid yerself on.

Have the guys that picked for the years gone bye decided that Ibiza was was a better option?? Cmon Danny dinny kid yersel...it was decided to make Britain less appealing to migrants...its worked...need to get the young Brits mobilised to take up the slack

Guest mambo

Have the guys that picked for the years gone bye decided that Ibiza was was a better option?? Cmon Danny dinny kid yersel...it was decided to make Britain less appealing to migrants...its worked...need to get the young Brits mobilised to take up the slack

That will be the plan next year, and it will be the army that will control the gangs of workers ,mark my words simple economics they had YTS scheme's before and they will not be shy using it , and there will be a fight to get on it , as jobs will be scares and if you can't get a job, half your brew money will be gone it will happen and you will have no one to answer too just now its pension money they are after to make savings as for any one aged 45 looking for a pension has no chance of getting one from the treasury

Guest mambo

stop there dole money if they are fit to work and live in area of the work simple get a grip government

Motherwell was famous for coal and steel, Coatbridge was famous for stealing coal

your too soft roland we are not asking single parents tae dae it. we should keep our borders closed anow with a shoot tae kill on any trespassers

Lol Tommy. Mind I do feel that ALL borders should have been, and still be closed to all./ Let each Country protect their borders.

Lol Tommy. Mind I do feel that ALL borders should have been, and still be closed to all./ Let each Country protect their borders.

one night on the english channel and i would sort the problem this stupid country gees money tae druggies drunks any any body that turns up that cant speak english nobody should get money tae they put in for ten years at least we have a country full of spoiled brats

Cheap labour, always has been.

Simple, it is has always been. Giving more to those that have. The workers are there to help make them more productive only.

The farmers and gentry were squawking since I was a nipper and 000's of years before to make more money! We are a nation of 'have and have not's!

From the king down to barons to lord of the manor etc. we have always been told that theirs's is the right and us to toff our hats.

There was a time of serfs and Land workers, Much part-time labour. Fields in the '50s and before, even the start of the sixties, were full of cheap energy. To keep the price of food down! Lol

Machinery like combine harvesters made a few redundant. Price of food went up. Much more. No haystacks built now. Prices went up. Now a tractor via laser - rented by the farmer does it all. No driver rolls out Hay/straw etc. and yet still the prices went up. They are now paid not to cut hedges and paid again if trimming hedges. Leave the land as it is, well paid for the habitat. Plough up the ground for food etc. Well paid. Ditches left for the habitat, well paid too. Then dug again and well paid for that.

Grow a crop till the shoots come through then paid for that feed. Ploughed up again and settled with money yet again. Next time, they keep most and sale on roadside tax-free. No wonder the landowners, gentry and farmers are paupers only able to have range rover with cheap Red FUEL.

Until five years back, the world still produced enough food to feed 20 million! Only six and a half Billion people were living on earth! But enough to feed 16 million was destroyed to keep the price up!

The World Organisation of Food stated that it was immoral, and now the world is only allowed to grow enough to feed 13 Billion allowed- officially - to feed 13 Million! Yet still enough to feed 9 billion is destroyed! Though there is now nearly only 7 billion on the earth today.

M. Ghadi said 'There is enough food produced to feed the world... But not enough to feed the GREED!

Guest mambo

Man inhumanity. towards man how would you feel if this was your mother, making a effort to get a bit of money for her family and farmers would only employ women because they can be cheated out of money just like in the UK road sweeper gets more than a cleaner for sweeping up

I will say, and remember when mum, and other women went Potatoes Picking, was hard. Pea picking where one say down and had a good jaw with each over. Sugar Beat picking was the hardest. Brussels picking meant you were wet all day and had very sore fingers.

then Turkey plucking. Fingers sore, and always in a sweat... I as a lad also did it all.

Yes! All to put a little, much needed food on the table, and something for Christmas.

When 12- 14 I did holidays on the farm. On a sledge - only one named Tooty' ever allowed me to drive the tractor and he went on the sledge. Gosh Scratched to pieces. Dust none stop in the eyes. Sore and hurting, try to wipe eyes, but after a time only put more dust in the eyes.

Up at 5 and over the field to clean out and feed the pigs. Sit anywhere and grab my door step. Hands cake in pig's muck, unable to clean off... Never been as hungry in all my live! Think they said it was due to the ammonia in the crap! then back home for another Pack up. Work through with odd break. One year we had to work under flood lights till 12 midnight to catch up. Went bed after a cuppa tea with a sandwich … which was often still in the mouth when waking up!

Next Bale carting came a long...

I will say, and remember when mum, and other women went Potatoes Picking, was hard. Pea picking where one say down and had a good jaw with each over. Sugar Beat picking was the hardest. Brussels picking meant you were wet all day and had very sore fingers.

then Turkey plucking. Fingers sore, and always in a sweat... I as a lad also did it all.

Yes! All to put a little, much needed food on the table, and something for Christmas.

When 12- 14 I did holidays on the farm. On a sledge - only one named Tooty' ever allowed me to drive the tractor and he went on the sledge. Gosh Scratched to pieces. Dust none stop in the eyes. Sore and hurting, try to wipe eyes, but after a time only put more dust in the eyes.

Up at 5 and over the field to clean out and feed the pigs. Sit anywhere and grab my door step. Hands cake in pig's muck, unable to clean off... Never been as hungry in all my live! Think they said it was due to the ammonia in the crap! then back home for another Pack up. Work through with odd break. One year we had to work under flood lights till 12 midnight to catch up. Went bed after a cuppa tea with a sandwich … which was often still in the mouth when waking up!

Next Bale carting came a long...

Good for the immunity,Roland!

And here's me thinking slavery had been abolished.

When A. Lincoln, - supposedly, abolished Slavery, and that was only in name in real terms, it was / is estimated there was 11 million 11.000.000 slaves world wide. 10 years ago it was over 330.000.000. Now well over 400 Million. 400.000.000.