Feeding Friday For Sprint Racing

BANDIT

I give them some barley or depureitive just a light feed early Friday morn

and as the distance

Goes out they get a little bit more I certainly don't agree with starving them

So true, starving young birds is only looking for trouble, try going 12 hours + and not a bean in the pouch, am sure you wouldn't want to fly home. :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Trapping at the home end, there could be many problems around the loft.

I don't think starving young birds is a good idea racing is hard anough for them to get home and if they have a hard race of a few hours they will probs go down after all it's learning them for the future starving isn't the answer that's just my opinion but

The guy was asking feeding for 70 mile race not 200 mile I would feed for 200 mile 1/2 once on a Friday but like I said for a 70 race nowt but that’s me I used to feed them but they wouldn’t come in so what’s the point in sending for them to sit on the roof give them nothing it’s only 70 mile then they will break the door down to get in my opinion only

Different race points different feeding programme. :smiling-scarecrow-329:

But, IMO, if it turns out to be a stinker at a short distance, and its happened to many federations, at least they will have something in there tank to try and get them home.

Don't have nothing to eat for some time, can you manage to walk or work, I don't think so.

But each to there own I suppose what they dooooooooooo. :peace-sign-258:

Bandit what racepoint—dont feed first race to win it feed to make sure as many as possible have enough fuel to get home even if they make mistake.unless your so confident in your training —let us know how you get on .

Bandit what racepoint—dont feed first race to win it feed to make sure as many as possible have enough fuel to get home even if they make mistake.unless your so confident in your training —let us know how you get on .

Thurles 74 miles to me...