Is This How It's Going To Be This Season

hotrod

I stay 2 mile from heartlands and on saturday you couldn’t see 100 yds in front of you

Birds were let up around 11am and I've been told it was about 8 miles visibility .ok it might have closed in after .if our guy said it was good enough to lib then it must have been .

Birds were let up around 11am and I've been told it was about 8 miles visibility .ok it might have closed in after .if our guy said it was good enough to lib then it must have been .

its been pea soup all weekend its a better day today and still cant see the campsie hills

Stuart a can guarantee you in stoneyburn you couldn’t see a thing my pigeons weren’t even out in aviaries that’s how bad it was but am 2 mile away from heartlands and that was all day

First race is next week Bob,so folk are training .not me ,I'll see how it is next week see if it seems up a bit .

Next junction after harthill services Andy .think it's called heartlands.?

never had a good toss from there in last 2 years stuart bop and wind turbines directly west 1/4 mile birds seem to not want to go past them once out the basket they are right on them and the weekend there visability very poor

Took 34 for first toss of the year yesterday still 7 short from 10 miles , expletive remove they can see home from 10 miles scattered over the whole afternoon and evening.

Shape of things to come this year I think in Ayrshire

As was explained to me, 40 years ago, a very good and realistic truth of an understanding.

Our eyesight is far from as good as pigeons! We can see from ground level miles away comfortably.

A pigeon way up high can see miles upon miles away. Obviously.

Once a pigeon 'Locks On' (race time) with a determination to a destination it just misses hedges, trees etc.

Now on a training toss, they circle - mostly high and will see 60 miles or more if looking.

Some pigeons will land and go into a loft a couple of miles away!

That bird is telling you something at the time. It's not happy with you or your loft. Or isn't mentally unfit etc.

Times are now, inevitably, when a reality check of ourselves is needed.

Edited by Roland

Had first trainer today ,yearlings un trained or raced as ybs 36 , missing 2 but not bad for a 2 miler lol

Will stand you in good stead Eastcoaster. Mine went as yearlings 150 - 200 first time in basket.

Maybe could / should have fed and watered them odd time in basket and left over a night or two. … Pigeons placed in a darken place and left as such before racing come on strong in condition. J.M,O.

Edited by Roland

Personally, I truly believe that the fanciers have, and are, destroying the sport even further! Yes, somewhat since commercial and money came into the sport. No two ways about that! But that is only a very small part of the reason. The largest reason, by far, is the fancier themselves for very many reasons.

Edited by Roland