Shu New Directive About Wing Stamp

GoRniC

Whothinks the shu have the right to pass the rule that all ybs must have owners phone number included on the wing stamp.its nothing about getting birds back home as far as I'm concerned it's about cutting there work load down at the shu offices

Whothinks the shu have the right to pass the rule that all ybs must have owners phone number included on the wing stamp.its nothing about getting birds back home as far as I'm concerned it's about cutting there work load down at the shu offices

Its not a new rule this was in place 2018, and its a wingstamp or telephone ring .

its not the office staff that passes the rules but its about being responsible for our birds

. I've never understood why we are told ta wing stamp or marker rings on young birds for the whole fed race programme then when the SNFC YBN comes round and they have ta fly 400 miles , we have ta blot out and destroy the wing stamp , for the stiffest test , sometimes the youngsters just have too much and can't make it , we supposed ta be sports men and woman , try and help them when they need it most , a lot of fanciers won't bother ta report a bird but if there's a phone number they will lift the phone , but ta obscure the only means of help from them is just a bloody disgrace ?

. I've never understood why we are told ta wing stamp or marker rings on young birds for the whole fed race programme then when the SNFC YBN comes round and they have ta fly 400 miles , we have ta blot out and destroy the wing stamp , for the stiffest test , sometimes the youngsters just have too much and can't make it , we supposed ta be sports men and woman , try and help them when they need it most , a lot of fanciers won't bother ta report a bird but if there's a phone number they will lift the phone , but ta obscure the only means of help from them is just a bloody disgrace ?

you did not need tae blot them out last year and from now on

Well said Walter

I didn't see it was altered that the wing stamp was changed ,I removed mine last year , was it published Tommy.

all the guys who where at the committee meeting of snfc where informed that wing stamps where allowed dont know if secretary inform the members that werent at the meeting tho .the rule was re-worded at the last shu agm allowing id rings as well so have a look at your shu rule book this year

I’m new to the sport and Iv been told that the youngsters have to be wing stamped with federation, club and phone number, but all iv done in ordered a wing stamp with my club name and have my phone number on plastic rings and ets rings but what I’m hearing is that, no one seems to reported youngsters

The rule is that Young Birds must carry ID. The ID can either be a wing stamp or a ring. The ID should be a telephone number. The telephone number can be a Club or personal one.

The best way of doing this, in my opinion, is to use Lambournes clip rings or ETS sticker rings. When and if the YB is sent to the SNFC race, these can be removed at the marking station where they can then be wing stamped instead of blotting out a wing stamp. The SNFC marking station can stamp them with the Secretary's number and this meets all security requirements, since Mary would not report them until the race was over.

Either that or leave the individual's ID on them.

The rule is that Young Birds must carry ID. The ID can either be a wing stamp or a ring. The ID should be a telephone number. The telephone number can be a Club or personal one.

The best way of doing this, in my opinion, is to use Lambournes clip rings or ETS sticker rings. When and if the YB is sent to the SNFC race, these can be removed at the marking station where they can then be wing stamped instead of blotting out a wing stamp. The SNFC marking station can stamp them with the Secretary's number and this meets all security requirements, since Mary would not report them until the race was over.

Jeez....birds getting wing stamped at snfc marking??? What a carry on that would be. Who's enforcing this rule ?

mary will love that andy :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

you must be a wee rebel dal what union are you shop steward for ??? :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Common sense yin Thomas.....struggle tae get 3 guys tae mark the birds never mind wing stamp the buggers. The SHU official at the marking station would be busy also?

The first test case if a fancier is forced to remove their own ID without a substitute being stamped. :)

What if the fancier doesn't have a marker ring on? Is the handler expected to open the wing and confirm stamp or no stamp and deny entry?

It is up to the marking station to enforce the rule. The SHU makes the rule, the members ensure it is followed.

Let's put it this way, as a SHU delegate I have no way of knowing what is actually happening, so I have no way of enforcing the rule.

If a dispute is brought to the SHU regarding this rule, then I will be in the position to enforce the rule and it will be my duty so to do.

Thus the statement regarding the test case, whether that be because of a refusal to allow a bird carrying ID, or because an owner refused to place ID on their bird. :)

It is up to the marking station to enforce the rule. The SHU makes the rule, the members ensure it is followed.

Let's put it this way, as a SHU delegate I have no way of knowing what is actually happening, so I have no way of enforcing the rule.

If a dispute is brought to the SHU regarding this rule, then I will be in the position to enforce the rule and it will be my duty so to do.

Thus the statement regarding the test case, whether that be because of a refusal to allow a bird carrying ID, or because an owner refused to place ID on their bird. :)

Aye ok ....we can check where the ets ring was purchased at the same time. I think I will opt out of the marking station work.

Was never under the impression it was the office staff that passed the rules but it certainly will make a lot less work for them and in my opinion that's the reason its been passed and it's the unions responsibility to ensure that the finder of any reported bird gets a swift response from the owner

Was never under the impression it was the office staff that passed the rules but it certainly will make a lot less work for them and in my opinion that's the reason its been passed and it's the unions responsibility to ensure that the finder of any reported bird gets a swift response from the owner

It was passed by the members at the AGM. The reason I believe is to make it easier for non fanciers to contact the owner quickly.

Can’t comment on Scottish affairs but in the Midlands we are made to stamp or use the telephone number sticker over the ETS ring. Im not a fan of wing stamping but am for all for numbers on ets rings. They are very cheap and quick to apply and last the lifetime of the bird (and beyond). Why wouldn’t you bother or want to do this? Easier for fellow fanciers to call and tell you where your birds have gone in. Most don’t have the patience to keep a bird a few days and wait for the rpra to contact club secretary and secretary to contact member etc etc. ETS telephone number eliminates all these links in the chain and just simply finder to owner. Less long winded and quicker resolution. Also a lot of non fanciers who find pigeons can’t read life rings well enough to know what the numbers mean. Also even less likely to know who the rpra (or similar body are). Yet everybody old or young can recognise a telephone number. I’ve had many calls from Non fanciers reporting my birds (usually dead finds) BT not always, and have said wouldn’t have known what to do had the telephone number not been visible. You can’t expect a non fancier to call the rpra or even open a birds wing to look for a number. But I for one would rather the people kind enough to report are able to, and it’s as easy as possible for them. Dead or not I like to know where my pigeons are or were if they have died. Don’t see why you wouldn’t bother or care to u less your lazy or tight as assh0les