ALF

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you study other regions returns from

Given race points before you go to vote at your Feds race program meeting 😀😀😀

We had some stinkers from Ingleton and binned it....wee had some from stainmore and binned it....common sense really

We had some stinkers from Ingleton and binned it....wee had some from stainmore and binned it....common sense really

Lads were saying at clocks yesterday stevie that we've lost half the young bird convoy past two seasons at killington lake yesterday being no exception in perfect weather conditions Kt has one in leeds

And we're going back Saturday -- common sense really ??

Lads were saying at clocks yesterday stevie that we've lost half the young bird convoy past two seasons at killington lake yesterday being no exception in perfect weather conditions Kt has one in leeds

And we're going back Saturday -- common sense really ??

It should be next on the bin list should it not? Shap then Lancaster as was in the old days??

It should be next on the bin list should it not? Shap then Lancaster as was in the old days??

If I were racing young birds stevie I would want 2x Appleby 2x stainmore as its a keeper moor and going by records returns were good from there after that straight into 2 x lymm and let them get racing before the hills

From what a club mate said he had a friend who liberated next to the lorry at shap and the peregrines were at them immediately

But there everywhere penrith Carlisle Gretna Kirkpatrick eaglesfield burnswark Lockerbie wamphray and not forgetting to mention moffat

Think we're f----

If I were racing young birds stevie I would want 2x Appleby 2x stainmore as its a keeper moor and going by records returns were good from there after that straight into 2 x lymm and let them get racing before the hills

From what a club mate said he had a friend who liberated next to the lorry at shap and the peregrines were at them immediately

But there everywhere penrith Carlisle Gretna Kirkpatrick eaglesfield burnswark Lockerbie wamphray and not forgetting to mention moffat

Think we're f----

Well that's every point from Moffat to Lancashire Mick so we deffo are fooked.

For me 2x shap 2x stainmore etc and ain't got 70 mile nae guid

Wattie, the body of the hall only voted for racing west because it was the only programme on the table that allowed for the Fed to convoy to three races with the SNFC, if this had been included in the management committee proposal then we would have been east

The mans original proposal was incompetent with SNFC race dates wrong and a number of races where the fed could not get in, it should not have been accepted as a competent proposal by the management committee but it was and was voted in for the above reason, i.e. Convoying with the SNFC

Having then worked out what flying the adopted race programme actually meant the committee then negotiated a revised west route race programme with the proposer to include correct dates to convoy with the SNFC, they then called a second race programme meeting to vote on the original programme which had already been adopted against the negotiated and revised race programme where a straight vote was the only thing allowed and you were not allowed to speak or have any debate on this and where for me this was absolutely wrong and should never have happened

Think we need to return to accepting proposed race points from the body of the the hall on a race by race format at the race programme AGM meeting

Not withstanding the above my view is that the members who proposed racing the west route are all former members of the the Midland Fed who year on year were decimimated racing this route and should have known better, and that's putting it politely, where as such my view is that any flak that is directed at them is fully warranted because they were not thinking what was best for the birds they motivated by what they could gain

why they voted that way makes no difference davie the point is they did m8 what i cant my head around is why we went back the following week to a place that nearly cleaned out the fed no matter what route it was on a meeting should have been called last week if no one was prepared to stand up and say we are not going back there imo f k the stupid politics the pigeons come first no matter what

Wattie, it absolutely does matter why they voted for this route, you said above that the pigeons come first no matter what, do you think the proposers of this programme had the best interest of the birds in mind when they proposed it?, I can tell you they didn't, they were thinking of position, gain, and advantage where the welfare of the birds and the Fed was the last thing on their minds

It is also important that the members realise this so that the whole Fed is not duped into the same situation next season so it is important that the members know why this west route programme was adopted

Just to rub salt into the wounds you then hear that the proposer is sending his youngsters with another organisation who are flying an east route programme whilst Lanarkshire Fed are getting wiped out on the west

I know there are BOP everywhere but it makes no sense to arrange a race programme that runs straight through the heart of the area with highest population of peregrine falcons In Europe, as I said earlier the Midland Fed were slaughtered down this route year on year, now some of their former members are doing the same to Lanarkshire

We should also consider that the last two times we flew this route with Lanarkshire that an EGM was called before YB racing started to change back to an easterly route for YB racing, some people have short and selective memories :emoticon-0179-headbang:

alan someone always gets a good race m8 have a look on here at the velocity some clubs are doing from kelso 800 700 600 for a 50 0r 60 mile race kelso is no much better pal plus the guys racing from these race points are not saying what they are losing all im trying to put across is the problem is not going to go away just because we go east if we vote to go east next year we have to sort the problem now before we decide where we are racing from and i dont care if its east or west im just not kidded that going east solves the problem because when we move so does percy or they starve once you get over the 100 or so miles the losses on both east and west are about the same for me its looking like there are much more bop about this season than before paul big davie and yourself all have valid points but untill we all tackle the real problem we are kidding our self that somewhere else will be better yes it might have been in the past but not anymore i want to race my birds where it is safest and just now no where is safe and some places are much worse than others i agree with davie that we should vote our races in one by one from the body of the hall no matter the route picking races where the returns have been best no matter how long it takes there is no easy fix here as some would have us think not until we sort the real problem this is just my opinion and i will comment no more on the east or west p h till we work together and solve the real problem instead of guys arguing and looking after there own interests

ive had two good races from kelso watty and three nightmares fae the west get back east now and get a better race controller simple as that :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Wattie, the body of the hall only voted for racing west because it was the only programme on the table that allowed for the Fed to convoy to three races with the SNFC, if this had been included in the management committee proposal then we would have been east

The mans original proposal was incompetent with SNFC race dates wrong and a number of races where the fed could not get in, it should not have been accepted as a competent proposal by the management committee but it was and was voted in for the above reason, i.e. Convoying with the SNFC

Having then worked out what flying the adopted race programme actually meant the committee then negotiated a revised west route race programme with the proposer to include correct dates to convoy with the SNFC, they then called a second race programme meeting to vote on the original programme which had already been adopted against the negotiated and revised race programme where a straight vote was the only thing allowed and you were not allowed to speak or have any debate on this and where for me this was absolutely wrong and should never have happened

Think we need to return to accepting proposed race points from the body of the the hall on a race by race format at the race programme AGM meeting

Not withstanding the above my view is that the members who proposed racing the west route are all former members of the the Midland Fed who year on year were decimimated racing this route and should have known better, and that's putting it politely, where as such my view is that any flak that is directed at them is fully warranted because they were not thinking what was best for the birds they motivated by what they could gain

Hi Davie

Disagree with this statement. The committee in conjunction with the race convoyers

should be putting up the best race program as you and I have no idea what that lib sites

are like for a good liberation

Could give you examples like Hexham, people stick up there hand and say lets go to Hexham

the racecourse is elevated and a good site but we have liberated from Hexham market

which one of the worst libs sites I have ever seen. NOT SUGGESTING HEXHAM just an example

The program the committee proposed last year I thought was 1st class but the SNFC members

within Lanarkshire wanted to go with the SNFC

Well like John Quinn Iam a member of Lanarkshire first and hope we will be going

to a program that caters for ALL MEMBERS OF LANARKSHIRE FED not just those in the SNFC

Cheers

Homer 49

Kelso. Lib site is bang on ...been there often...problem we have is best way out is south....when you stand at the river/or show ground all you can see is hills .

East , west ,north .....best way out ...south.

H

Don't think we have had a race that broke 1000ypm .....even with old birds.

Kelso. Lib site is bang on ...been there often...problem we have is best way out is south....when you stand at the river/or show ground all you can see is hills .

East , west ,north .....best way out ...south.

H

Don't think we have had a race that broke 1000ypm .....even with old birds.

Hi

Been there often but always at racecourse car park, the show ground is west of

Kelso and the fairground is in the centre. The racecourse car park is elevated

and you can see for miles in all directions

Cheers

Homer 49

Edited by HOMER49

Hi

Been there often but always at racecourse car park, the show ground is west of

Kelso and the fairground is in the centre. The racecourse car park is elevated

and you can see for miles in all directions

Cheers

Homer 49

Homer ....as you drive from central Scotland ......its always down hill to Kelso .....if ...as we normally have a bop in the area ...best way out for doos is south.

Just my observation for while

Hi Davie

Disagree with this statement. The committee in conjunction with the race convoyers

should be putting up the best race program as you and I have no idea what that lib sites

are like for a good liberation

Could give you examples like Hexham, people stick up there hand and say lets go to Hexham

the racecourse is elevated and a good site but we have liberated from Hexham market

which one of the worst libs sites I have ever seen. NOT SUGGESTING HEXHAM just an example

The program the committee proposed last year I thought was 1st class but the SNFC members

within Lanarkshire wanted to go with the SNFC

Well like John Quinn Iam a member of Lanarkshire first and hope we will be going

to a program that caters for ALL MEMBERS OF LANARKSHIRE FED not just those in the SNFC

Cheers

Homer 49

Homer

Don't really disagree with any of this, also agree that the programme proposed by the committee was a good one where I voted to adopt same where like yourself I am a member of the SNFC, however there is no getting away from the fact that it was defeated by a large majority and this was because it did not include convoying with the SNFC to three races, if it had it would have sailed through

Personally I would be happy with any program that is on the east route, with or without convoying with the SNFC as the west route, especially with young birds is IMO a slaughter house

Cheers Davie

ive had two good races from kelso watty and three nightmares fae the west get back east now and get a better race controller simple as that :emoticon-0179-headbang:

nothing wrong with the race controller tommy if we had went straight to appleby first race or even two otterburns then appleby we might not be having an argument about it i fined its fifty fifty after that m8 but again its hindsight ive not had a bad race from otterburn but some guys have does not matter where we go if we dont fix the problem we are f k d