It's Time For Change

tiger

nobody said anything about the transporters at buckingham when they had a good race but they have a bad race from bedhampton and all hell breaks loose maybe they should look at the race points if bulk of the scottish feds are flying on the east route then the race points should be on the east ie eastbourne or folkstone i.m.o

Bedhampton,was OK in 2015,Billy Bisland 1ST Six !

I got 5 back next day ! none were dehydrated & another

fancier in the Solway got 11 back next day !

Like you said nobody said anything after Buckingham,

just maybe the extra 2000 bird that went to Bedhampton

didn't help.I think we were very unfortunate on the

day.(all the best to everyone)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You lads think it is only the transportation thats wrong with the SNFC??? Heres some of my views to save our national,

1. No matter what type of transporter, the amount of birds per crate/basket must be considerably reduced to ensure comfort and access to water at all times. Myself personally prefer the Geraldy for the air circulation and the easy access to water but would be happy with anything as long as it had plenty of SPACE and access to water for the birds.

2. Central marking for all channel races ( inland races can have 2 or 3 marking stations )with hand picked experienced handlers for the job ( I cannot comprehend how bad some handlers are at marking stations nowadays, its bloody disgraceful. Folk getting asked to handle or help out whilst they are waiting in a queue with their birds is so unprofessional and ridiculous.Central marking, with fifteen committee members all running a table each with the very best men they can find. An outside transportation organisation to take the birds, as Catteralls used to do, then and only then will their be no questions asked regarding security. Also, central marking helps with MARKING A DAY EARLIER. All outlying areas will be ferried in and subsidised by the SNFC as we did successfully in the past.

3. A video should be made of birds in convoy en route to race point, at all feeding/watering times, weather en route to race point, at race point and at liberation . Also, on the way back home from race point. This can be uploaded onto youtube or Pigeon Basics for that matter. A simple thing to do to show the members how the birds are getting looked after and the conditions at the race point.

4.Professional weathermen used for race controlling. Flexibility in race and marking days is also a key to successful pigeon racing.

5. The Officials and Committee should comprise of experienced and respected SNFC fliers as they used to. This proposing anyody at the agm is not on. Half the committee nowadays are unknown as SNFC men and are not familiar with the SNFC traditions.You need the best men/women for these positions to take the club forward into the 21st century.

A very honest and open post Del, well done.

Can hardly be any more frank than that, but sadly some wont like it as they cant handle the truth.

It would be good to see some of these things taken in board instead of it all being forgotten about after racing is finished.

I pesonaly have no axe to grind with anyone and didnt loose a pigeon as none were sent, the controllers and convoyers have done nowt wrong but people need to stop wearing blinkers and try and sort things out for the good of the pigeons for ultimately is is them who suffer.

Realy feel for the guys with some realy good birds missing, hope they turn up soon.

You lads think it is only the transportation thats wrong with the SNFC??? Heres some of my views to save our national,

1. No matter what type of transporter, the amount of birds per crate/basket must be considerably reduced to ensure comfort and access to water at all times. Myself personally prefer the Geraldy for the air circulation and the easy access to water but would be happy with anything as long as it had plenty of SPACE and access to water for the birds.

2. Central marking for all channel races ( inland races can have 2 or 3 marking stations )with hand picked experienced handlers for the job ( I cannot comprehend how bad some handlers are at marking stations nowadays, its bloody disgraceful. Folk getting asked to handle or help out whilst they are waiting in a queue with their birds is so unprofessional and ridiculous.Central marking, with fifteen committee members all running a table each with the very best men they can find. An outside transportation organisation to take the birds, as Catteralls used to do, then and only then will their be no questions asked regarding security. Also, central marking helps with MARKING A DAY EARLIER. All outlying areas will be ferried in and subsidised by the SNFC as we did successfully in the past.

3. A video should be made of birds in convoy en route to race point, at all feeding/watering times, weather en route to race point, at race point and at liberation . Also, on the way back home from race point. This can be uploaded onto youtube or Pigeon Basics for that matter. A simple thing to do to show the members how the birds are getting looked after and the conditions at the race point.

4.Professional weathermen used for race controlling. Flexibility in race and marking days is also a key to successful pigeon racing.

5. The Officials and Committee should comprise of experienced and respected SNFC fliers as they used to. This proposing anyody at the agm is not on. Half the committee nowadays are unknown as SNFC men and are not familiar with the SNFC traditions.You need the best men/women for these positions to take the club forward into the 21st century.

Well said derek

Central Marking may be an answer, but it raises the question of where is Central? Bang in the middle would be Perth, but how many would agree to that being central, not many I,d bet, then you could have the place at Lanark, which is no more central than I am a Parish Priest, but would get more people agreeing to it than the real Central Venue, I think if you went for the central marking it would kill the birdage off stone dead in some of the sections as cant see the North coming down or for that matter the South guys coming up for it.May be fine for the guys who dont work, but wouldnt work for those who do. JMO

it was done many many years ago think it was wavererly station?

it was done in 2001 and the 7 section winners were in the first 10 open, surely that's enough said

Central Marking may be an answer, but it raises the question of where is Central? Bang in the middle would be Perth, but how many would agree to that being central, not many I,d bet, then you could have the place at Lanark, which is no more central than I am a Parish Priest, but would get more people agreeing to it than the real Central Venue, I think if you went for the central marking it would kill the birdage off stone dead in some of the sections as cant see the North coming down or for that matter the South guys coming up for it.May be fine for the guys who dont work, but wouldnt work for those who do. JMO

crap jmo lol. Bobby, I already said the outlying guys would be ferried in and central marking was Bathgate in 2001.

Im no debating here, its just my thoughts on what I recognise in the sport.

Catteralls didnae hae Geraldy transporters

who said they did like ??

Thats where they most likely clashed with the Irish convoy racing out of Penzance. A lot of Scottish pigeons being reported in Ireland, North and South.

we where talking bout a race 3 years ago mate

some people need a geography lesson no way did the scottish pigeons clash with the irish at penzance that is at lands end miles away olso the scottish pigeons were liberated in a lt north west wind turning south west on route take a line from bedhampton with west in the wind and it takes the pigeons directly in line for heathrow airport i.m.o that is part of the problem as the would put the rader on them which scatters them as they cannot afford thes pigeons to cross major airports incase of bird strikes if you dont believe me phone the head aviation guy at heathrow and he will tell you that they do it as i have spoken to them in the past and this is fact

i know what you need :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

These out of date 1970s transporters are okay for horsing down the road on a Friday night and liberating early Saturday morning., it doesnt matter how much you tart them up, the design is the design. Jackie Stewarts F1 racing cars of the 70s wouldnt cut it in todays era by the 2nd lap, same for transporters!

[/quot

a lot of fanciers think the opposite

geraldys are ok at training vehicles but no use on long haul races

look at lanarkshires carenten race in the aluminium crates

that was another really hot day and their race was a disaster

where the national went the same day in conventional wicker baskets and had a good race

both have their good and bad points

touch a bit of wood on a hot sunny day and you can no problem

do the same to a piece of aluminium and you will burn your hand :drinking-coffee-200:

at the end of the day the water system in any transporter is only as good as the man looking after it and making sure all drinkers are full on every basket

watty these guys do there job and its a thankless job at that hind sight is a great thing but we need tae gee the race controllers fexiablity as if the birds went on the friday im sure we would be all sitting way good returns jmo

Davie I never meant it to sound that way,the point I'm trying to make is it had nothing to do with the transport if you read last weeks BHW the NFC report on the Messac race it looks like they had a worse race and they have drinkers on 3 sides of the crates. and can't understand how it happened.

Cheers Jock, no hard feelings

cant disagree with that Del

Guest mambo

Old type transportation has fiberglass roofs,and metal work,also the basket in its self, radiated heat,at night in a unnatural amount also. Plus bloom,and sawdust blowing up the doos nose, all about whilest in transit. Are geraldys better. if they offer more of a chance for water