How Did Your Training Go Today?

Chanter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out on the road today and seen plenty of batches training. I'm keen to know how returns were. Where did you take them and how's your returns?

Grim. 30 cocks and 30 hens to inverary, 18 mile or so. Beautiful day. Waiting on 3 cocks and 14 hens. Scunnered!

Ally am afraid to say you are on your own pal but down our way it's mental pal

Ive been lucky so far Allan. Only dropped one so far and they were generally home before me, thought i had cracked it but percy must have been into them today.

Grim. 30 cocks and 30 hens to inverary, 18 mile or so. Beautiful day. Waiting on 3 cocks and 14 hens. Scunnered!

Not good I hope your returns get better. In my opinion your birds have the hardest task anywhere in the uk.. I'm in awe of your resilience and dedication. I wish you all the very best for 2017.,

Not good I hope your returns get better. In my opinion your birds have the hardest task anywhere in the uk.. I'm in awe of your resilience and dedication. I wish you all the very best for 2017.,

Thanks pal, will see half of them tomorrow im sure, or hope!

when i trained pigeons i prefered tae let them go in small batches had better returns this way too many birds of prey now prefer tae lose them racing at least they have a chance tae win a race :animatedpigeons:

That's why i only train to inverary, used to train to club or glasgow but losses were always pretty poor, decided to give them a chance in a race like you say and i think im actually better of. Still a scunner right enough but its hard for everyone these days.

That's why i only train to inverary, used to train to club or glasgow but losses were always pretty poor, decided to give them a chance in a race like you say and i think im actually better of. Still a scunner right enough but its hard for everyone these days.

birds are down hiding they will shown up over the next few days ally if you can get them flying round loft no need tae train i only school my young birds from 5 miles around the clock .*expletive removed* feeding these cants

birds are down hiding they will shown up over the next few days ally if you can get them flying round loft no need tae train i only school my young birds from 5 miles around the clock .*expletive removed* feeding these cants

They've been flying great round loft, been over the moon with them to be honest. just don't have the confidence they could race to here without training. I don't doubt some could but the majority, I just don't know. maybe need to try a wee experiment some time

They've been flying great round loft, been over the moon with them to be honest. just don't have the confidence they could race to here without training. I don't doubt some could but the majority, I just don't know. maybe need to try a wee experiment some time

you have plenty of space Ally.. you could train half and not train half.. compare the results..

Even try with ybs?

.*expletive removed* i race late breds that never see a basket tae their first race and they day well for me honest try it dont feed these cants way training when your birds are flying well at home

.*expletive removed* i race late breds that never see a basket tae their first race and they day well for me honest try it dont feed these cants way training when your birds are flying well at home

I know there are plenty that do the same Tommy but mine have 45 mile of mountains over 1000m. I will probably give it a try though. certainly food for thought :)

you have plenty of space Ally.. you could train half and not train half.. compare the results..

Even try with ybs?

Will get the thinking cap on Allan, its a possibility :)

I know there are plenty that do the same Tommy but mine have 45 mile of mountains over 1000m. I will probably give it a try though. certainly food for thought :)

love of home is a great thing no matter where you fly the birds will always make it ally hope this cheers you up there is a decline of peregines in the north west of scotland :drinking-coffee-200:

love of home is a great thing no matter where you fly the birds will always make it ally hope this cheers you up there is a decline of peregines in the north west of scotland :drinking-coffee-200:

Music to my ears Tommy :) , there was a wee decline up here a couple of weeks ago too :)