Glasgow Federation

Guest mambo

Fed buys a sprinter van. We keep it at Alexandria. Fit vents etc. Pic up dumbarton, clydebank and who ever else. Meet up wuth transporter.???

Any positive thinking is good but who do you send your ideas to with no top table except Mr balintine need to get another meeting and get a top table sorted then transportation

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed buys a sprinter van. We keep it at Alexandria. Fit vents etc. Pic up dumbarton, clydebank and who ever else. Meet up wuth transporter.???

How many crates would fit into a sprinter van ally , at start we send 12/14 crates that would prob fill it alone . A driver was asked for at meeting only you offered to drive doing it once .ps I'm not being negative , every single person at meeting ,only one goy offer to drive and he has a 3day camel trek to get to his club never mind driving round others .

How many crates would fit into a sprinter van ally , at start we send 12/14 crates that would prob fill it alone . A driver was asked for at meeting only you offered to drive doing it once .

Quite a lot Stuart, not sure exactly but I'm sure it could have been looked into. Weve never got quite that many, and doubt Dumbarton would have either so it may have been an option. And aye, I would have helped drive, would have done it more than once if needed too. Unfortunatly Joe wasn't there as he would have put his hand up too I'm sure. I'm sure if someone was paid and knew they had a reasonable wee earner on a Friday night it wouldn't be an issue. It was just so depressingly negative, I know you tried, as did a few others but on the whole it seemed to only be going the one way.

Agree pal I'm just disgusted by the whole sport at moment , the Renfrew side are a bunch of freeloaders , I told Alec Roberts when they applied to get in ,I used to be in it ,I told him they won't help the fed out they won't take any job on they won't go to meetings unless it's controversial , they won't support the fed in any way ,and guess what it's true . And as far as Barrhead goes I got told by a fen free man yesterday after meeting/sham that the only reason they didn't want central marking was they also mark the Ayrshire north road birds up there and can't be in two places at once . The whole point of central marking is to got to a few pick ups and get away to race point ASAP. If it was down at Dumbarton or your club the transporter goes right by our front door and is another hour onto the time for your place and another 40 mins for Dumbarton , 30 mins each way for yours and 20 mins each way for Dumbarton . And as I said to you before your club and Dumbarton hardly send to races after the 4th or 5th race , where as we still send 8/10 crates .

Quite a lot Stuart, not sure exactly but I'm sure it could have been looked into. Weve never got quite that many, and doubt Dumbarton would have either so it may have been an option. And aye, I would have helped drive, would have done it more than once if needed too. Unfortunatly Joe wasn't there as he would have put his hand up too I'm sure. I'm sure if someone was paid and knew they had a reasonable wee earner on a Friday night it wouldn't be an issue. It was just so depressingly negative, I know you tried, as did a few others but on the whole it seemed to only be going the one way.

There again two guys from miles and miles away are the only ones putting there hands up. Sad but very very true .

I'm away to bed ,need my beauty sleep , Karen's says I need to sleep for a long time lol. Scunnered is an understatement .

Could a new top table not have been voted in at the meeting?

No one wanted to step up geo sad but true .

Stuart, Barrhead doesn't race the north road so someone is pulling your chain, as for not helping when we joined the fed all the transportation was done in Glasgow and that has never been an issue, the question is how have we left it this late to sort it out as it's clear this has been known for a while, also if no club had objected the we would be central.marking and everything would be tickityboo, but how come we had enough room before the appeals but not now? Too many questions to ask and answer and if you do you get shot down. Im not getting into a bun fight but something isnt adding up and the outcome is we have no top tableft even if we had a solution.

Stuart, Barrhead doesn't race the north road so someone is pulling your chain, as for not helping when we joined the fed all the transportation was done in Glasgow and that has never been an issue, the question is how have we left it this late to sort it out as it's clear this has been known for a while, also if no club had objected the we would be central.marking and everything would be tickityboo, but how come we had enough room before the appeals but not now? Too many questions to ask and answer and if you do you get shot down. Im not getting into a bun fight but something isnt adding up and the outcome is we have no top tableft even if we had a solution.

Well that's what I was told .By a Renfrew fed member on Sunday , as for not helping , what have you lot brought to the table apart from letters , mmmmmmmmm yes nothing , youse don't support the fed in anything , when we have an open race youse don't send or very few do or pool, youse don't buy golden rings or very few do , meetings well again very few ever bother to go ,as I said before unless there something controversial, .there lies part of the problem . I tried in vain to hold it together on Sunday but got no support ,very very few positive fanciers in the hall , expletive remove someone even brought up the disabilities act for marking at a club ,I would love to know how many clubs have this access .the Feds in a mess ,and I for one hope it gets sorted .

Well that's what I was told .By a Renfrew fed member on Sunday , as for not helping , what have you lot brought to the table apart from letters , mmmmmmmmm yes nothing , youse don't support the fed in anything , when we have an open race youse don't send or very few do or pool, youse don't buy golden rings or very few do , meetings well again very few ever bother to go ,as I said before unless there something controversial, .there lies part of the problem . I tried in vain to hold it together on Sunday but got no support ,very very few positive fanciers in the hall , expletive remove someone even brought up the disabilities act for marking at a club ,I would love to know how many clubs have this access .the Feds in a mess ,and I for one hope it gets sorted .

Everytimemail I said anything it got shot down, we have lost the use of a transporter, trailer and chyston, how is this Renfrewshire fault, it was Glasgow members who kept the negative comments coming. Buy a new motor "where are we going to park it" I think your being unfare on the renfrewshire members, if we had discussed all our options at the race programme meeting then I think we would have had a better chance of understanding all the issues and find a solution.

We had a driver we had our own transporter we had the hire of a trailer all we needed was clubs to come together to central mark

Would love to know why this wasn't mentioned at the meeting???? were you not there? How many people knew about it. Why were we talking about buying, renting trailers when all the while it was known, by certain members??

Is it any wonder the fed imploded, what is really going on. Nightmare!!!!

Hope this can get put aside now and some positive action and thoughts take place, expletive remove season is upon us, huts full of doos!!!

Would love to know why this wasn't mentioned at the meeting???? were you not there? How many people knew about it. Why were we talking about buying, renting trailers when all the while it was known, by certain members??

Hope this can get put aside now and some positive action and thoughts take place, expletive remove season is upon us, huts full of doos!!!

If there was no appeals then we would have had no transporting issues as if we did it would have been mentioned, but after the appeals we had no means of catering for all the birds. Something changed and most of the members don't know what was happening as we have never been given the black and white facts about transportation

Ally the talk about buying a trailer and another driver was to get round the fed as one transporter cant do it and when central marking was voted out thats when we have the problem.

IMO

The vote going against Central Marking created more problems..

WITH Central Marking the problem we faced was to hire or buy a new trailer to attach to the existing transporter. And finding one driver.

The clubs without baskets used then ones at Central Marking, and the logistics of returning the baskets to be prepared for the following Friday made a lot easier.

WITHOUT Central Marking meant we now had to find another transporter or van + trailer as well as two drivers.

There are also clubs without enough or any baskets, and then the problem of returning baskets to all the clubs to be prepared for the following Friday.

I agree that there has been too much negativity surrounding these meetings at a time in the Sport when we should all be sticking together.

Although i can begin to understand what maybe looked like a lack of enthusiasm from the top table. Every recommendation they have made this season has been voted against. At the end of the day they are there to represent and carry out the wishes of the members. And from my short time back in the Fed ive not seen many hands go up to volunteer their help and or come up with a grounded solution to the problems we face.

I hope that everyone who attended on Sunday, after reflection, come back together to put the Fed back on the right track.