Glasgow Federation

Guest mambo

Loads of fanciers will be sickened by this......pigeon men once again doing all they can NOT to sort a problem. Surely another fed could pick up the slack, maybe move a boundary or create a section rather than put folk out of the game?

100 percent right here we must rally to help them

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to a well known fancier on phone who tells me his fed clubs have to bring there birds to the central point ,it's up to the clubs to get them there ..our guys want the birds picked up at there door .

Wee bit unfair Stuart. Central marking will stop one of our members from flying any races. Maybe only made tge first five races but he Sent plenty. And tge sport needs all tge doomen it can get.

To try and help our traveling members Alexandria asked if the Dumbarton club could be considered but letter was never read out at the egm then members would have seen what was asked but believe that still left one club out on a limb.Clydebank could have went to Chryston as in the past it happened at both training and central marking please correct me if I am wrong (ISTBC)

To try and help our traveling members Alexandria asked if the Dumbarton club could be considered but letter was never read out at the egm then members would have seen what was asked but believe that still left one club out on a limb.Clydebank could have went to Chryston as in the past it happened at both training and central marking please correct me if I am wrong (ISTBC)

Who sent the letter tam?

Yes your completely wrong tam , the only time Clydebank went to chryston was for full central marking ,not 3 places as was put forward , so I'll ask why the club that sends to all races and sends by far the most birds each week have to travel to another club that maybe sends to 2 or 3 races a year with a handful of birds when they do ? Even your club after 200 miles there's maybe one or two who still race and again only a hand full of birds but at Clydebank were still send 8/10 crates full ,doesn't make sense to me .

Wee bit unfair Stuart. Central marking will stop one of our members from flying any races. Maybe only made tge first five races but he Sent plenty. And tge sport needs all tge doomen it can get.

It's not directed at you guys ally , I just wouldn't do what you do each week no way. After talking to a few guys that tell me that there outlying clubs have to ferry in their birds as it's impossible to run round , just the same as it is/was with Glasgow for this year .

Yes your completely wrong tam , the only time Clydebank went to chryston was for full central marking ,not 3 places as was put forward , so I'll ask why the club that sends to all races and sends by far the most birds each week have to travel to another club that maybe sends to 2 or 3 races a year with a handful of birds when they do ? Even your club after 200 miles there's maybe one or two who still race and again only a hand full of birds but at Clydebank were still send 8/10 crates full ,doesn't make sense to me .

Come on Stuart, with posts like that its easy seeing why were not given a thought. Pretty poor mate.

Come on Stuart, with posts like that its easy seeing why were not given a thought. Pretty poor mate.

What u on about ? It's facts , I travel further each week than most of your club would do to Clydebank .i don't see the problem .

What u on about ? It's facts , I travel further each week than most of your club would do to Clydebank .i don't see the problem .

Ach well, no probs. Lets just try and move forwards. get a new commitee voted in and try and get the doos way.

Ally thats part of the problem the guys that do the work and go to meetings get shot down by guys that do nothing. So the guy that sent the letter in didnt bother turning up at the meeting? Think your spot on need a top table in place to move foward

Ally thats part of the problem the guys that do the work and go to meetings get shot down by guys that do nothing. So the guy that sent the letter in didnt bother turning up at the meeting? Think your spot on need a top table in place to move foward

100% correct mate. If all the delegates turned up to the meeting this probs wouldn't have happened.

Wouldn't quite say he didn't bother turning up, I'm pretty sure he was away on holiday. there you are too, shot down for being on holiday. But aye, lets move on.

Wullie As sec I sent the letter countersigned by the club President got a phone call to say letter not accepted as I was not a fed member President then submitted the letter on behalf of club members.As I had to give up the birds through no fault of my own I asked if it was possible to be a social member of the Fed but was told there was no provision for it.All this hassle because we tried to make it easier for our members no wonder there are no young men joining pigeon clubs.

Stuart you go to your club by choice I am sure there are clubs on your doorstep I accept your choice and just a small fact in the agm accounts Alexandria contributed the highest amount of cash into the Fed.sorry to say it will not be the same this year.

Stuart arrangement were made at the agm a number of years ago for Alexandria to experience CM M.MANN was our sec at the time race came and when nobody appeared where did they go definitely not the Vale.We are so sorry to be at the end of the line and causing all this trouble so sad as they are one of the oldest members in the Fed.The problem lies in the fact we knew for at least three years that transport could well be a problem and at the last moment we are running about looking for trailers to get the season up and running.I was a VP for 3years and only ever had one call about a race point never party to any other decisions or discussions that were taken SORRY FOR THE RANT just felt sorry for VP jim Ballantine left sitting at the top table like a fish out of water when seems other clubs had already been making alternative arrangements after our letter was sent in maybe heresay in some of this but no smoke without fire

Just the same as your club tam ( making alternative arrangements eh) ?we didn't make alternative arrangements we had a contingency plan ? No final decision was made until after the mess last Sunday end of my rants good luck wherever you all are racing this year .🕊

Contingency plan - Serves as a backup sometimes referred to as plan B because it can be used as an alternative.Time to move onwards and upwards. :drinking-coffee-200:

Alexandria established 1938 The End

does it matter when clubs were formed mate??????? Honestly your frying my nut. So the clubs that are the oldest should get central marking? Please behave.