Jock Allan, Symington

Rooster J. Cogburn

Jock Allan

I had on loan 'Mill Queen' & 'Mill No Surrender' his blue cock was 5 times in the ist hundred in the SNFC Rennes race we exchanged birds at that time, he was 'simply the best'.

my own 'Queen' line descends from 'Mill Queen'.

Edited by Jim hannah

Have read that article so many times over the years,what a fancier he was and what a family of birds that have won for so many fanciers some credited and some not,I was very lucky to have been gifted 5 chipping eggs from jock all hatched and all bred SNFC prizewinning birds including 1st section 15th open alencon,jocks record in the 1970s and 80s was really unbelievable and he continued winning top SNFC positions right up to the millennium,I had the pleasure to handle some fantastic birds at jocks and also learned so much from this legend of a fancier who as we know was not everyone's cup of tea but he was definitely my pigeon racing hero. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Have read that article so many times over the years,what a fancier he was and what a family of birds that have won for so many fanciers some credited and some not,I was very lucky to have been gifted 5 chipping eggs from jock all hatched and all bred SNFC prizewinning birds including 1st section 15th open alencon,jocks record in the 1970s and 80s was really unbelievable and he continued winning top SNFC positions right up to the millennium,I had the pleasure to handle some fantastic birds at jocks and also learned so much from this legend of a fancier who as we know was not everyone's cup of tea but he was definitely my pigeon racing hero. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Rennes '78 - 1st & 2nd West section with " Mary Ann" & " Mill Queen", plus another two within 30 minutes. All within the first 62 of the open result .... dream stuff.

doc20170127065811.pdf

can mind old kerr stainthorp told me one of the allans was on the batter and went out to the woods and buried his money box and when sober he could not remember where he buried it and never found it lol

He told me one time it was under one of the slabs leading up to his loft. I aid to him anytime he needs any gardening work I'm your man. LOL

Edited by Jim hannah

Rennes '78 - 1st & 2nd West section with " Mary Ann" & " Mill Queen", plus another two within 30 minutes. All within the first 62 of the open result .... dream stuff.

Wonderful performance by Jock

I Managed to get on the result there with my wonderful blue hen 1900 that was her first time across ,she was one of only 32 timed on the night the following year then again on the shift in 1980 all into a NW wind and 7000 plus behind her each time ,her dam was Cheq hen you put up in the 1976 Nantes race 14 th open her sire was a grandson of Tinto goldmine ,she was beaten home in 1980 by her younger brother

Also high up on the 1978 result in 22nd open was my cousin ben scott who timed his yearling hen it turned out to be something special sadly being lost going for her gold award

Ben secured 3 gold awards when racing with a wonderful team of pigeons a late bred he let me pick from the nest went onto win 2nd section 11 open Gold Cup

The dream years when sadly we seldom lost good uns

Wonderful performance by Jock

I Managed to get on the result there with my wonderful blue hen 1900 that was her first time across ,she was one of only 32 timed on the night the following year then again on the shift in 1980 all into a NW wind and 7000 plus behind her each time ,her dam was Cheq hen you put up in the 1976 Nantes race 14 th open her sire was a grandson of Tinto goldmine ,she was beaten home in 1980 by her younger brother

Also high up on the 1978 result in 22nd open was my cousin ben scott who timed his yearling hen it turned out to be something special sadly being lost going for her gold award

Ben secured 3 gold awards when racing with a wonderful team of pigeons a late bred he let me pick from the nest went onto win 2nd section 11 open Gold Cup

The dream years when sadly we seldom lost good uns

That was before the explosion of the peregrine falcon ! In 1982 I sent 12 to Rennes and had 11 out the 12 home ok it was a blow home but would that happen today?? I doubt it very much.