Hens Pairing And Laying

calder boy

Hen perches in one section they aren't very wide

And sloped back ones in other section

My suggestion would be to temporarily remove these, and replace with just a few lengths of 2x2 (PAR) or 3x1.5 (PAR) I found it stops them getting too comfy ! If you have a full aviary attached, lock them out in this for most of the day, with water only

I have the aviaries open all the time. The hens and cock birds can see each other all the time that they are out. The showing has quieten down a lot of late. Don't think, certainly not at present any way, that any same sex are interested in each other.

Mind I feel that some will be paired of in the race season and flown as such. Indeed may even slip good eggs under them, or a youngster. JMO.

I have the aviaries open all the time. The hens and cock birds can see each other all the time that they are out. The showing has quieten down a lot of late. Don't think, certainly not at present any way, that any same sex are interested in each other.

Mind I feel that some will be paired of in the race season and flown as such. Indeed may even slip good eggs under them, or a youngster. JMO.

Don't let them see the cocks your getting them hiper and cut the feeding down don't let them cover the egg's or they will start moulting

My hens are pairing up and laying is this a problem or is it just due to the mild weather have 10 hens in 6x6 loft and 8 in another 6x6 loft never had problem b4

Cheers

Take one from each pair and swap their sections, they will not be interested in re pairing to a different hen right away but when they do show up to each other swap them again, always keeping any who have paired together separate. Soon be time to give them their Cks and that'll sort it once and for all.

Ps. Make sure none are paired when it is time to introduce the Cks because they will ignore the Ck in favour of their lesbian mate which will in turn screw up yer breeding plans. !!

My cocks and hens have looked at one another through mesh wires for 5 weeks approx ,no problems no hens pairing the gether or anything ,only one upset let hens out once and 2 year old hen buggered of into my mate loft took it back they havent been out since .