Have They Arrived Yet ?

andy Burgess

A few random thoughts on the proposals

Portsmouth was changed to Littlehampton last year on the recommendation of the convoyers because of fog problems. What's changed?

Reims was the majority decision of members last year. Why do the committee go against the members wishes?

Falaise. Why? Roye was the committee recommendation last year and was a good race. No reason to change.

On all the above I have no problem with any of the race points I just don't see the need to chop and change every year for no reason.

Hours of darkness - never read so much rubbish in my life.

23 hour rule. Again why? I would assume it is to do with the longer races and the time from the first birds being timed to the close of race. Could they not modify the times for the longer races. 36 hours seems a bit ridiculous for inland races.

Recommended by management -race programme. Race programme to be set for 5years.Does that mean if status quo is passed it will also be set for the 5 years.

HOD- can't see any problems of the times we have at present. Over the last few years not many birds are tied in. I had 1 this year and I would vote against the proposal.

23 hour rule - committee have had to do something to cover this NOT been adhered to the last 2 seasons!!!

A few random thoughts on the proposals

Portsmouth was changed to Littlehampton last year on the recommendation of the convoyers because of fog problems. What's changed?

Reims was the majority decision of members last year. Why do the committee go against the members wishes?

Falaise. Why? Roye was the committee recommendation last year and was a good race. No reason to change.

On all the above I have no problem with any of the race points I just don't see the need to chop and change every year for no reason.

Hours of darkness - never read so much rubbish in my life.

23 hour rule. Again why? I would assume it is to do with the longer races and the time from the first birds being timed to the close of race. Could they not modify the times for the longer races. 36 hours seems a bit ridiculous for inland races.

Recommended by management -race programme. Race programme to be set for 5years.Does that mean if status quo is passed it will also be set for the 5 years.

HOD- can't see any problems of the times we have at present. Over the last few years not many birds are timed in. I had 1 this year and I would vote against the proposal.

23 hour rule - committee have had to do something to cover this NOT been adhered to the last 2 seasons!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOD- can't see any problems of the times we have at present. Over the last few years not many birds are tied in. I had 1 this year and I would vote against the proposal.

HOD- can't see any problems of the times we have at present. Over the last few years not many birds are timed in. I had 1 this year and I would vote against the proposal.

Well done on the trophies you won in the SNFC this year John...

I'm quite interested in the proposal to move the Portsmouth/Bedhampton race to a position 2 weeks ahead of the Gold Cup, rather than 1 week. Also to split Ancenis away from the same day as Ypres - pushing it back a week. I have always thought it would be a good move to make use of the blank week rather than have two on the same day and that would be the case with this proposal. Having that race from the coast 4 weeks ahead of Ancenis opens up the potential to use it as a prep race. Previously with a 2 week gap, it would be high risk to go to 350-400 miles 10 days before basketing. On balance, I think I'd be inclined to vote for the new proposal on the basis of the new dates creating a more complimentary programme. The dates would be a bigger deal to me than whether it is Alencon or Reims.

Its hard to tell from the way it is set out, but I would think the 5 year thing needs to be taken as a separate matter. It should be Status Quo v the new race programme without the complication of setting it for 5 years being part of the same vote.

I'm quite interested in the proposal to move the Portsmouth/Bedhampton race to a position 2 weeks ahead of the Gold Cup, rather than 1 week. Also to split Ancenis away from the same day as Ypres - pushing it back a week. I have always thought it would be a good move to make use of the blank week rather than have two on the same day and that would be the case with this proposal. Having that race from the coast 4 weeks ahead of Ancenis opens up the potential to use it as a prep race. Previously with a 2 week gap, it would be high risk to go to 350-400 miles 10 days before basketing. On balance, I think I'd be inclined to vote for the new proposal on the basis of the new dates creating a more complimentary programme. The dates would be a bigger deal to me than whether it is Alencon or Reims.

Its hard to tell from the way it is set out, but I would think the 5 year thing needs to be taken as a separate matter. It should be Status Quo v the new race programme without the complication of setting it for 5 years being part of the same vote.

better ypres going a week later and leave ancenis race still to go with the mnfc, as we have had good racing when going with the mnfc,

what is your reason of wanting to chance that,

better ypres going a week later and leave ancenis race still to go with the mnfc, as we have had good racing when going with the mnfc,

what is your reason of wanting to chance that,

Have the MNFC set their dates yet ? Its not mentioned in the SNFC paperwork so I'm unclear on that. I'm not fussed really, we've had good races joint convoyed and bad races joint convoyed, good racing on our own and bad racing on our own. I have no problem going with them or not going with them, I just have a fancy for the later date and having the races on different weekends. The option to move Ypres onto the blank week would have been fine by me too, but its not among the proposals this time.

Have the MNFC set their dates yet ? Its not mentioned in the SNFC paperwork so I'm unclear on that. I'm not fussed really, we've had good races joint convoyed and bad races joint convoyed, good racing on our own and bad racing on our own. I have no problem going with them or not going with them, I just have a fancy for the later date and having the races on different weekends. The option to move Ypres onto the blank week would have been fine by me too, but its not among the proposals this time.

not sure about the mnfc dates, but as far im aware going a week later, is so they can go on there own, be interesting to see how going up on our own is, last time it was a smash only 8 doo.s recorded in race time,

Year on year I vote for our Fed to go across the channel on our own, only to lose the vote and duplicate into the Fed from the SNFC Ypres race.

Now wonder what all the Lanarkshire men are thinking about not being able to do that ?? Coz the Gold Cup and Ypres are go Alone races for the SNFC if the proposal gets through on what races will be allowed Fed doos on board.

Year on year I vote for our Fed to go across the channel on our own, only to lose the vote and duplicate into the Fed from the SNFC Ypres race.

Now wonder what all the Lanarkshire men are thinking about not being able to do that ?? Coz the Gold Cup and Ypres are go Alone races for the SNFC if the proposal gets through on what races will be allowed Fed doos on board.

Falaise Or it's equivalent if the proposal goes through that would give most of us Lanarkshire guys a 500 mile race the last of the season I don't see a problem with that John .

Falaise Or it's equivalent if the proposal goes through that would give most of us Lanarkshire guys a 500 mile race the last of the season I don't see a problem with that John .

Our race will be on the same day as Ancensis Jim, canny see members voting tae have our race a fortnight later. Everybody I know is working their YB's by that time.

How no?

Because al be one of the guys busy way me ybs and as a said earlier I vote every year tae go ourselves anyway. Just ma preferences for the Fed Jim. Being in the LSC it makes life easier for me tae duplicate but I want the Fed tae have a Fed program and the national tae have our own as well.

Because al be one of the guys busy way me ybs and as a said earlier I vote every year tae go ourselves anyway. Just ma preferences for the Fed Jim. Being in the LSC it makes life easier for me tae duplicate but I want the Fed tae have a Fed program and the national tae have our own as well.

John the fed loses money and plenty doos when they go on there own they done an about turn last year remember which turned out successful for the fed and its members imo its best to go with the snfc .

I'd be inclined to think that's just a wee error/accidental oversight John. Ypres was last year and the years previous the 5th race as far as basketting times were concerned.

We'll see come the meeting but I can't possibly think why the management committee would want to prevent feds going to ypres,whilst allowing them to convoy for Buckingham,Bedhampton,Falaise etc.

I'd be inclined to think that's just a wee error/accidental oversight John. Ypres was last year and the years previous the 5th race as far as basketting times were concerned.

We'll see come the meeting but I can't possibly think why the management committee would want to prevent feds going to ypres,whilst allowing them to convoy for Buckingham,Bedhampton,Falaise etc.

Thought it Very strange ma sel Lewis considering around 550/600 of the Sec E entry of 702? were Lanarkshire doos last season. The way the club are losing money I would have thought the £2k entry fees would have been Very Welcome to them.

If it is a misprint I think it a disgrace that it has been sent out without being absolutely certain the Agenda and Proosals are worded correctly and Crystal clear to the members, it's the AGM after all no just a get together.

Thought it Very strange ma sel Lewis considering around 550/600 of the Sec E entry of 702? were Lanarkshire doos last season. The way the club are losing money I would have thought the £2k entry fees would have been Very Welcome to them.

If it is a misprint I think it a disgrace that it has been sent out without being absolutely certain the Agenda and Proosals are worded correctly and Crystal clear to the members, it's the AGM after all no just a get together.

My guess is it's a genuine mistake that doesn't need to be scrutinised further than that, we'll see come the meeting if that's the case.

Not that big a deal if it isn't,Lanarkshire could always convoy wi the SNFC for Ancenis? :lol:

My guess is it's a genuine mistake that doesn't need to be scrutinised further than that, we'll see come the meeting if that's the case.

Not that big a deal if it isn't,Lanarkshire could always convoy wi the SNFC for Ancenis? :lol:

The problem is that the Published Agenda canny be changed Lewis, it will need to be voted on as it is against the Status Quo. A suspect it would be a landslide Status Quo so not really a concern for those who want tae duplicate.

Ancensis ?? Canny see that takin aff 😂..... Oddly enough the longest race is the one race I have Never entered in all the years ave had them. Hope tae change that either this year or next though tae see if I can condition doos tae Race fae 600+ MLS, time will tell.

On the Agenda , I like the look of it especially separating Ypres and Ancensis tae different weeks and the move of the first inland forward a week. In fact it's the Best agenda ave seen for a number of years. Jmo.

The problem is that the Published Agenda canny be changed Lewis, it will need to be voted on as it is against the Status Quo. A suspect it would be a landslide Status Quo so not really a concern for those who want tae duplicate.

Ancensis ?? Canny see that takin aff 😂..... Oddly enough the longest race is the one race I have Never entered in all the years ave had them. Hope tae change that either this year or next though tae see if I can condition doos tae Race fae 600+ MLS, time will tell.

On the Agenda , I like the look of it especially separating Ypres and Ancensis tae different weeks and the move of the first inland forward a week. In fact it's the Best agenda ave seen for a number of years. Jmo.

only slight problem wi that technicality john is that races 1,2,5,6 and 7 for duplication is the status quo :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Hopefully common sense will prevail :emoticon-0167-beer:

Yes hopefully common sense will prevail. The status quo was Ypres as one of the duplication races. A simple amendment to the proposal will do. I am more concerned with why they want to move the two inland races forward a week. If that passes it will cause problems for the federations who duplicate in one or both.

Yes hopefully common sense will prevail. The status quo was Ypres as one of the duplication races. A simple amendment to the proposal will do. I am more concerned with why they want to move the two inland races forward a week. If that passes it will cause problems for the federations who duplicate in one or both.

If a simple amendment is allowed for this proposal of duplication, will they then allow us to amend any other proposals ie HOD