Losses

gulkie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason this year I never lost one from a toss starter training 50 and still had 50 but some with broken flights etc

Only went 15 mile at most myself and once on the transporter tho

Sent 46 on Saturday to 67 miles dropped 12! Never suffered that in my 4 year racing

I know a few guys who have lost 30 and 40 from there first training tosses this year with none reported or working back

Crazy times

There was a post on here regarding Colombovac Vaccine. There have been numerous posts regarding Young Bird sickness. Walter has posted regarding his views on vaccination as have others.

The vaccine indicates that it should be refrigerated before use and discarded after use. I know for a fact that this does not always happen. I have had vaccine sent through the post and is was not refrigerated. I now have it sent by a company that does put a cool bag in with it keeping it refrigerated. I then keep it in the fridge until use, whereby I bin any leftovers. I know for a fact that some do not keep it refrigerated and do not discard the excess. I know that some even use it when it is out of date.

Knowing this, I am not surprised that "vaccinated" pigeons succumb and spread illness.

Perhaps some require to look in the mirror. :)

There was a post on here regarding Colombovac Vaccine. There have been numerous posts regarding Young Bird sickness. Walter has posted regarding his views on vaccination as have others.

The vaccine indicates that it should be refrigerated before use and discarded after use. I know for a fact that this does not always happen. I have had vaccine sent through the post and is was not refrigerated. I now have it sent by a company that does put a cool bag in with it keeping it refrigerated. I then keep it in the fridge until use, whereby I bin any leftovers. I know for a fact that some do not keep it refrigerated and do not discard the excess. I know that some even use it when it is out of date.

Knowing this, I am not surprised that "vaccinated" pigeons succumb and spread illness.

Perhaps some require to look in the mirror. :)

Not every pigeon that gets lost is sick .the main culprit is the hawks young birds once they have been hit fly and fly again untill there done in and have no reserves to pick there self's up to make it home the next day simple

Main reason for losses are as follows.

1. Bad Fanciers

2. Bad Pigeons bred off of Bad Pigeons.

3. Bad Fanciers

4. Unfit Pigeons

5. Bad Fanciers

6. Hawks.

7. Bad Fanciers. Jmo

John Bosworth 2/82 on night, still 40 amiss from 10 miler, Macaloney 30 missing 10 miler, John I think your at the wind up again. I think BOP causes more than 50% of yb losses.

Edited by Delboy

They are only wee bundles of feathers bill and imo would not have had them away training today.

yes John, bad day for a toss, but was looking great all the way to penicuik , and even when I let them go, was great, then it turn crap,

my fault, but still working in,

Can't get my head round how so many YB are going awol and yet so few reported,

I lost 16 in 1 toss not one reported surly there not all dead ????

my 1st training toss 2 weeks ago from 5 miles liberated 22 before I went to work in perfect conditions at end of day 3 home plus 1 next day, 18 missing none have been reported or returned in stray basket, where do they go ?

Not every pigeon that gets lost is sick .the main culprit is the hawks young birds once they have been hit fly and fly again untill there done in and have no reserves to pick there self's up to make it home the next day simple

Bang on ther an also me personally usually get stray ybs have not had one this year

John Bosworth 2/82 on night, still 40 amiss from 10 miler, Macaloney 30 missing 10 miler, John I think your at the wind up again. I think BOP causes more than 50% of yb losses.

I never said Good or even Great fanciers wullnae have terrible losses Derek, but look about when these guys are getting good returns and there are loadsa fanciers complaining of heavy losses. That's when Bad Fanciers stick oot like a sare thumb. Jmo

spot on

It's plain and simple Dell

Bang on ther an also me personally usually get stray ybs have not had one this year

Same myself last year I was getting Ayrshire ans lanarkshire strays every day some times 6 in 1 day this year have had 1 and that was very early on

It's plain and simple Dell

Same myself last year I was getting Ayrshire ans lanarkshire strays every day some times 6 in 1 day this year have had 1 and that was very early on

Theyr getting chased all over the country

I never said Good or even Great fanciers wullnae have terrible losses Derek, but look about when these guys are getting good returns and there are loadsa fanciers complaining of heavy losses. That's when Bad Fanciers stick oot like a sare thumb. Jmo

I agree