Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The birds are not Fat but too well muscle'd up with heavy feeding and not getting their freedom due to the weather to keep them trim every day. Some guys keep them in all winter and feed rubbish but you do what you think best.

My birds are looked after 365 days a year and want for nothing as I am a great believer that even in the middle of Winter they should be in tip top condition which they wont be with having to eat more to counteract the cold and rearing youngsters. Just to put my tuppence worth in they have beautiful pink breasts and Blue flesh is not a result of to much protein.

Same as you on that one no rubbish feed here although everyone s my friend at this time of year lean and meen lol

Cocks went out at 0900 this morning and on and off they flew for 4 hours as I sat and timed them while I read the papers and done the crosswords. I have often wondered why they can all bang off simultaniosly for no reason !. Answer's Please if you think you know.

I hope yer spelling is better for yer crosswords lol :lol::P

Cocks went out at 0900 this morning and on and off they flew for 4 hours as I sat and timed them while I read the papers and done the crosswords. I have often wondered why they can all bang off simultaniosly for no reason !. Answer's Please if you think you know.

Hi Peter how will you set up your pigeons for the snfc channel races, reims/ ancenis/ ypres/ roye/

ie how many races. and what races and how you would feed and work them.

Thanks david

Hi Peter how will you set up your pigeons for the snfc channel races, reims/ ancenis/ ypres/ roye/

ie how many races. and what races and how you would feed and work them.

Thanks david

David Jamieson you have a cheek LOL, asking me what I am going to do to get my birds to beat yours out of the longest race when you are the distance champion and the one who we all wish to emulate who are distance minded. It would have been kinder to all if you had perhaps hinted that you would be doing this and that and would I be doing the same. Much water will flow under the bridge before I can make any decision regarding my three hopefulls and feed will depend on many attributes in the coming months.

Eddie Newcombe was a great believer in giving the birds 1000 miles and 30% Fats prior to any National he was sending to and I have tended to go along those lines myself.

That is about all I can commit myself to at this moment in time David as you know the old saying regarding "The best laid schemes oh mice and men gang aft agley".

David Jamieson you have a cheek LOL, asking me what I am going to do to get my birds to beat yours out of the longest race when you are the distance champion and the one who we all wish to emulate who are distance minded. It would have been kinder to all if you had perhaps hinted that you would be doing this and that and would I be doing the same. Much water will flow under the bridge before I can make any decision regarding my three hopefulls and feed will depend on many attributes in the coming months.

Eddie Newcombe was a great believer in giving the birds 1000 miles and 30% Fats prior to any National he was sending to and I have tended to go along those lines myself.

That is about all I can commit myself to at this moment in time David as you know the old saying regarding "The best laid schemes oh mice and men gang aft agley".

many roads lead to rome peter. and you been around a long time and meet many great doo men of the past.

you must have plenty knowledge you have gained from them. im enjoying you thread also.

thanks david

i take it your 1000 miles include training? what races will you sent yout 3 to? (all going well)

The National race from Buckingham 300 miles should be a must if going to Ancensis but is leaving only 16 days for preparation instead of 23 but this is the way the National is heading and could not care less about the distance men. How we are going to get miles on the wing and build them up to a nest condition of 6 day youngster is taxing there are no alternatives unless private training comes into play. My yearling and 2 year olds will be getting extra attention this year as it looks like I will have to find those who are keenest on early eggs perhaps up to sitting 14 days for 2017 distance Nationals with the 2 year olds the most important with them being the 2017 team however this is what makes a real pigeon fancier as anybody can win on roundabout after all you just have to send them. Now please forgive me if I am repeating myself but I am looking to one year ahead not one week.

The National race from Buckingham 300 miles should be a must if going to Ancensis but is leaving only 16 days for preparation instead of 23 but this is the way the National is heading and could not care less about the distance men. How we are going to get miles on the wing and build them up to a nest condition of 6 day youngster is taxing there are no alternatives unless private training comes into play. My yearling and 2 year olds will be getting extra attention this year as it looks like I will have to find those who are keenest on early eggs perhaps up to sitting 14 days for 2017 distance Nationals with the 2 year olds the most important with them being the 2017 team however this is what makes a real pigeon fancier as anybody can win on roundabout after all you just have to send them. Now please forgive me if I am repeating myself but I am looking to one year ahead not one week.

If only round about was that easy. You send you win lol

your prep dates are a bit out peter pandy buckingham is the 4th june and ancensis is the 2nd july hope your more accurate when the season starts lol, you should send them on round about since you know how easy it is to get them out of 500/600 ml on it shooty in for you :drinking-coffee-200::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Oh Dear, I cannot count now, so let me see where I went wrong !. According to what National information I have and at this time is all I can go on.. Buckingham 4th June, Ancenis race marking the same day as the Gold Cup 21st June = if no holdover 16 days. If you are saying Acenis is 2nd July then you are privy to more information than I.

I have just been on the Midland National Web site and you are correct. Ancenis is on July 2nd so I will have an extra 7 days which is all to the good as I have spent most of to-day with calculator and pen working out all possible scenarios for my birds.

In reply to posts 90,91,92,and 93.

I only competed in two old bird races last year on roundabout as I was occupied in other matters. The first was Ripon 159 miles and was 4th,7th, and 18th Federation. The following week my birds went to Wakefield 190 miles and were 8th,15th,17th,and 19th Federation.

I do not like racing roundabout as it is too easy for someone as good as I and prefer Natural as it gives me more satisfaction when attempting to ascertain what makes that individual bird respond to my ministrations.

Regarding 500-600 mile on roundabout well instead of sending a mob you have to pick out what you think will do the business but having flown roundabout you have no idea what it will respond too and this is why the losses become unacceptable.

No doubt I will shoot myself in the foot occasionally BUT its MY FOOT.

I only competed in two old bird races last year on roundabout as I was occupied in other matters. The first was Ripon 159 miles and was 4th,7th, and 18th Federation. The following week my birds went to Wakefield 190 miles and were 8th,15th,17th,and 19th Federation.

I do not like racing roundabout as it is too easy for someone as good as I and prefer Natural as it gives me more satisfaction when attempting to ascertain what makes that individual bird respond to my ministrations.

Regarding 500-600 mile on roundabout well instead of sending a mob you have to pick out what you think will do the business but having flown roundabout you have no idea what it will respond too and this is why the losses become unacceptable.

As ye said last week Peter. .........sometimes ye just can't believe Wot yer reading in some posts lol

very interesting read , thank you for posting this topic

Can I ask although you mention your regard for beans and I understand why as I am keen on them for my birds what would be your feeding system in the period of March to May would it be a hopper or a set amount per day

thank you

Have followed your thread peter and like your enthusiasm and confidence and will wish you the best of luck for 2016,as we know these 500/600 nationals are so difficult to do well in and plenty fall short even after putting in the work,systems are great but good doos are the requirement for the French racing. :partick-thistle-Crest:

very interesting read , thank you for posting this topic

Can I ask although you mention your regard for beans and I understand why as I am keen on them for my birds what would be your feeding system in the period of March to May would it be a hopper or a set amount per day

thank you

Wee Dennis Dall was a very good friend and was an excellent exponent of long distance racing and had a pot of beans in the nest box at ALL times.

Have followed your thread peter and like your enthusiasm and confidence and will wish you the best of luck for 2016,as we know these 500/600 nationals are so difficult to do well in and plenty fall short even after putting in the work,systems are great but good doos are the requirement for the French racing. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Thanks John, and unfortunately it wont be this year that my new team will be setting the heather on fire and I can only attempt to get the best out of the couple that have taken me to where I am just now.

Systems and good birds or vice versa !. I believe you cannot have one without the other dont you agree.