blue pied

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got informed today that a major forestry clearance South of moffat was suspended until Goshawks had Succesfully reared their young

Lads sent home because of Hawks

This country has truly lost the plot :emoticon-0179-headbang:

The problem wont go away if we don't help ourselves, its been like this for years, and it will continue unless wee the pigeon men stick the heels in DEEP..

If you have a problem within your area, you have got to try something to protect, sitting back will not help you. :animatedpigeons:

Guest greegsy

A didn't put the last post up mate, Tony C did, but I fully agree on what he has said with his post, totally truth and no lies. :animatedpigeons:

Oops, sorry Tony :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

the problem we have with BOP is terrible, and discussions who and where are ok, but I am getting bothered with calls and fanciers personally telling me basics should be put off allowing such posts referring to latebreds etc, on an open forum, this is about the forth time we have had to post up about it and move posts, yes pigeon fanciers are on about the danger those posts can do, so please think before you post, it is an open forum, but even fanciers are on about it, anymore and the thread will be locked, sorry, and no replies please

I, along with some others can understand where you are coming from however in Saturdays Daily Express page 19 Richard Finnigan along with his wife Judy wrote a piece regarding Seagulls attacking dogs, pedestrians and children being attacked, defecated on etc. Should we be saying Nah nothing we can do ?? NO..We would poison,trap,gas and shoot the vermin and we would besiege the town hall if the council refused to do so. So why the current municipal squeamishness about dealing with Britain's growing seagull menace ?. People are already taking the law into their own hands as there have been reported cases of poisoning and if air rifles aren't being quietly deployed in private operations then !!!. As a nation we are calcified by self-doubt and uncertainty in absurdedly straightforward matters as these, David Cameron has called for a "big conversation" on seagulls I'd make it a small one and keep it to two words CULL THEM.

Now Fifer, If he can write in a national newspaper advocating the killing of a protected species we should have the same leeway with raptors.

On the contrary Fifer IMO we should let the world and he's brother know of our intentions. Inform the newspapers, the RSPB and other ornithology organisations that within a certain timeframe 10's of thousands of these latebreds will be liberated the length & breadth of the UK. The only way we will not do so is if the RSPB reveal the current numbers of peregrines and agree to return ALL rings recovered from their nests. Joe public would see this as not a lot to ask I'm sure.

well its them you will have to tell m8 but I cannot allow posting what fanciers are going to do to BOP by using latebresds (POOR latebreds getting torn alive) so get onto your newspapers and RSPB as you say, and let us know what happens, most of you are on facebook put it on there, sorry but I will have to lock this thread now and I want no more pm's on the subject, or replies, Be careful when you send what you intend doing with latebreds to a newspaper as I think it would finish pigeon racing,

I, along with some others can understand where you are coming from however in Saturdays Daily Express page 19 Richard Finnigan along with his wife Judy wrote a piece regarding Seagulls attacking dogs, pedestrians and children being attacked, defecated on etc. Should we be saying Nah nothing we can do ?? NO..We would poison,trap,gas and shoot the vermin and we would besiege the town hall if the council refused to do so. So why the current municipal squeamishness about dealing with Britain's growing seagull menace ?. People are already taking the law into their own hands as there have been reported cases of poisoning and if air rifles aren't being quietly deployed in private operations then !!!. As a nation we are calcified by self-doubt and uncertainty in absurdedly straightforward matters as these, David Cameron has called for a "big conversation" on seagulls I'd make it a small one and keep it to two words CULL THEM.

Now Fifer, If he can write in a national newspaper advocating the killing of a protected species we should have the same leeway with raptors.

A big conversation (your words not mine) is different to you or anyone else advertising a CULL or the deliberate poisoning of an bird that is protected whether you like it or not

The site is responsible for all posts and will not tollerate posts of this nature THEY WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT WARNING