My Opinion

blue pied

Here's something to mull over am mates way the the guy that rings these birds a top man in the bto etc he tells me each nest in a season will have on average 300 rings in it i know of atleast 20 sites in ayrshire that's 6000 doos give or take our transporter holds 3000 birds thats it emptied twice in a season way the locals albeit they'll not all be ayrshire birds but not many Feds pass through here maybe in a strong east wind you might get te odd doos and the odd Irish doos as they lib here but most will be ours this is happening all over these figures are facts give or take also if youve got two and three year olds thats been winning well and you lose them at a short toss bearing in mind theyve been flying way 4g whats happened maybe everyone sent texts at the same time lol also doos have better eyesight than us ive libbed doos at training and they don't want to come out the basket but ive looked alround and seen nowt also had birds drop out the batch and go back in the basket petrified to go in the sky as they know whats ahead and it ain't mobile signals

Can I ask Ricky what does he do with the rings ????? Would be closure to what has happened to some pigeons, maybe someone's champion .

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ditto Derik , I seen a batch of say 20 odd birds later last night heading northwest , very slow .lethargic like ,then they split and around 6/8 headed south west , still very slow , looked lost and never had a clue what way to go . As you say looking for a line , and to answer Gareth , if phones have something to do with it why do some get good training /racing ,I had 10 tosses 5 from 6 miles and 5 from 20 odd miles never lost one ,every time getting quicker and quicker , last toss beat me home . From 20 mile toss , so does no one use their phones when we get a good race , not saying there's nothing in it but IMHO. The PERIGRINE FALCON Is the main problem end of .and I've been lucky ,although lost two off loft to it and one lucky one just getting over it .

Aye Stuart thinking same as we have had full returns from races so what happens to the phones come on guys try an stay on the real reason perigrines an nothin else

Watched young birds yesterday going past us then doubling back trying to get a line then heading away again nothing in the sky to make them turn back and look for line and I think Gareth's theory could be right never seen anything like it before

Pigeons can see perigrines for miles before us that's the reason

Can I ask Ricky what does he do with the rings ????? Would be closure to what has happened to some pigeons, maybe someone's champion .

Stuart ive asked him for over ten year now says he'll do it but never does i was more interested in the ets rings I'd make a fortune lol also there very smug about it at times I could stiffin him lol

Ditto Derik , I seen a batch of say 20 odd birds later last night heading northwest , very slow .lethargic like ,then they split and around 6/8 headed south west , still very slow , looked lost and never had a clue what way to go . As you say looking for a line , and to answer Gareth , if phones have something to do with it why do some get good training /racing ,I had 10 tosses 5 from 6 miles and 5 from 20 odd miles never lost one ,every time getting quicker and quicker , last toss beat me home . From 20 mile toss , so does no one use their phones when we get a good race , not saying there's nothing in it but IMHO. The PERIGRINE FALCON Is the main problem end of .and I've been lucky ,although lost two off loft to it and one lucky one just getting over it .

So yesterday u think a Percy could do that much damage stuart to almost every fed in Scotland? what happens when we all get good racing? is Percy off on holiday?

they collect them and destroy the evidence thats a fact they dont want folk seeing the destruction , i know lad who works where artifiscual site is and they come in a take out all the bits and 100s of rings , he asked if he could have the rings to let folk know and it was no fkn way , the area there in is gaureded like fort knox and if caught going in there instant dismisal

So yesterday u think a Percy could do that much damage stuart to almost every fed in Scotland? what happens when we all get good racing? is Percy off on holiday?

17 fedsmeet 17 percies aye they will do that no problem if your unlucky to run into them especialy near start of a toss or race when there all scattered to fk Have you seen a percie go into a convoy of birds Amdrew ?

The reason for that is if you keep note of the winds you'll notice that in a head wind you'll get good racing and returns as the birds are down low where as on a glorious day a day we says perfect for racing you get blootered cause the doos are up high and easy prey seen it too often am 30 ybs missing and havent had them in a basket yit I know all about them and there habits

Guest Gareth Rankin

Gareth your club result tells its own story ramage 1st and 4th nearly 200ypm between them and wins the club with 230 odd doos competing by over 100ypm the result should of been over in minutes if not less and am sure the winner wasnt immune to mobile signals I'd hazard a guess it got home without getting spooked but ive been wrong before lol

Each of the 5 points i have nentioned can be primary factors or at times secondary factors, why can fanciers get so poor training when a BOP stikes there doos within vision of there own lofts, yes its a frightening experience for them but they cant even home to there lofts which tells me there are other problems to hand. Going back 20 years i can remember fanciers suffering bop attacks, but the young birds always worked home, thats not the case nowadays.

As every year goes by fanciers are experiencing pigeons getting birds reported in Wales and Ireland even when the wind does not favour this to have happened, this is happening because orientation of the racing pigeon is away to pot, perhaps due to BOP attacks but we should always get them home, this is not happening.

Albeit very costly, but is there any mileage in using their own camera evidence, that the BOP they give protection to and un-natural nesting sites, for either profit or whatever reasons they so do are killing racing pigeons.

My understanding is that if you could secure a prosecution for shooting a racing pigeon, the fine is around £500. A nest with 100 rings is £50000.

I accept they are not their birds, but they are providing sanctuary and protection to them, so they must carry some liability.

17 fedsmeet 17 percies aye they will do that no problem if your unlucky to run into them especialy near start of a toss or race when there all scattered to fk Have you seen a percie go into a convoy of birds Amdrew ?

When I was younger maybe 6/7 years ago at slammanan and seen it take one straight out the sky at the loft once

Guest greegsy

I am not going to spell it out. :)

Any credibility you had on here has just been undone by these silly posts, if you have something to say spit it out or you would be better leaving this thread :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

The reason for that is if you keep note of the winds you'll notice that in a head wind you'll get good racing and returns as the birds are down low where as on a glorious day a day we says perfect for racing you get blootered cause the doos are up high and easy prey seen it too often am 30 ybs missing and havent had them in a basket yit I know all about them and there habits

a while back was at dunbar tossing birds mine went up up up high got there bearings and headed of home , while sitting ejoying the view across the mouth of the forth pigeons in batches came whizzing over us heading right up the water couldnt have been more than 5 or 6 feet of the sea going like the clappers quite a few batches passed within minutes all the same dont think percie will hit birds as low as that but the diffo is mines went high and off these birds stayed low , could be flying along the sea they dont need to go high as ho trees or pylons building hills etc out there .

Each of the 5 points i have nentioned can be primary factors or at times secondary factors, why can fanciers get so poor training when a BOP stikes there doos within vision of there own lofts, yes its a frightening experience for them but they cant even home to there lofts which tells me there are other problems to hand. Going back 20 years i can remember fanciers suffering bop attacks, but the young birds always worked home, thats not the case nowadays.

As every year goes by fanciers are experiencing pigeons getting birds reported in Wales and Ireland even when the wind does not favour this to have happened, this is happening because orientation of the racing pigeon is away to pot, perhaps due to BOP attacks but we should always get them home, this is not happening.

Not many getting reported Gareth your right doos to the corners of the country and theres that many bop compared to 20 years ago the doos that would normally work home are tired and getting picked off also doos thats scrounging about bird tables etc trying to get a pick are getting nailed by the sparrow hawk dosent matter what way they turn there doomed think of the doos thats lost each season I reckon ayrshire lose around 10000 a year and a handful reported where are they I hardly see a stray doo theses days

When I was younger maybe 6/7 years ago at slammanan and seen it take one straight out the sky at the loft once

i used to take the mid week club to lockerbie every wednesday racing was fantastic then one night a percie went into the batch as they were getting there bearing 400 or 500 birds just scattered all over the shop ,, think there was only 8 birds home that day terrible race !!!! but that happens to any convoy especialy at the start you only need one but unfotunatly there 100s now

i used to take the mid week club to lockerbie every wednesday racing was fantastic then one night a percie went into the batch as they were getting there bearing 400 or 500 birds just scattered all over the shop ,, think there was only 8 birds home that day terrible race !!!! but that happens to any convoy especialy at the start you only need one but unfotunatly there 100s now

thats the problem now Rab, any Ybs that have returned from this weekends races have been left traumatised by these attacks and for most their racing is over.

Aberdeen,and north of Scotland both flew into headwinds yesterday and both have really heavy loses

I know nos were hit at lib but this date the last Saturday in july has historically had disasters

one fancier brought this to my attention and the possibility that the military/ goverment agencies

could be using this weekend every year to test their guidance equipment etc etc

this would explain why on this date yearly there are so many bad races country wide

im not saying percy doesn't to tremendious damage and decimates convoys

but to think he is solely responsible for all these bad races is in my opinion being very blinkered

thats the problem now Rab, any Ybs that have returned from this weekends races have been left traumatised by these attacks and for most their racing is over.

that was 30 yrs ago Pat and i had never seen percie go into a convoy before that but seen the damage it done !! this happens every few miles now not every few months like it used to

Guest greegsy

Done it this year and dropped 21 of 25 I started with, problem was not enough others done it in their area's and it is doubtful that will change imo, too lazy too tight to feed them for the winter and too busy moaning at others about their misfortunes. It's enough to crack you up listening to them. :crying: :crying: :crying:

as I say !!!