Ist Swallow

greenbar

was walking back from the town today,i noticed a bird sitting on one of the telephone wires,low and behold it was a swallow,looked pretty tired,but he made it,and we worry about our birds flying a couple of hundred mls, :animatedpigeons:

yes mate seen one yesterday in elgin thats the earliest ive seen one in elgin for 8 years

was walking back from the town today,i noticed a bird sitting on one of the telephone wires,low and behold it was a swallow,looked pretty tired,but he made it,and we worry about our birds flying a couple of hundred mls, :animatedpigeons:

yes mate seen one yesterday in elgin thats the earliest ive seen one in elgin for 8 years

Very True

But it takes them 7 months to get here

Pretty Poor Velocity lol

Time tae get the jet hose out again,pain in the *expletive removed* they are

TUT TUT TUT, dissapointed with you there Vinney. You've gotta be joking them little swallows are wonderful little characters as are the House Martens and Swifts. Ye should welcome them with open arms, its a sign that good weather will eventually arrive for us. At least on race nights they give ur heart a little jolt every now and then lol! Would have a thousand of them around here any day, better than any blasted raptor!

TUT TUT TUT, dissapointed with you there Vinney. You've gotta be joking them little swallows are wonderful little characters as are the House Martens and Swifts. Ye should welcome them with open arms, its a sign that good weather will eventually arrive for us. At least on race nights they give ur heart a little jolt every now and then lol! Would have a thousand of them around here any day, better than any blasted raptor!

sh** everywhere pests,jet hose at the ready won't be nestin at ma hoose lol

I haven't seen a swallow yet but a huge bird of prey went over my garden this morning much bigger than a peregrine, with a very lazy wing stroke and pursued by 2 crows. My thoughts are that it was a returning Osprey. It never bothered with the pigeons but they seemed drawn towards it flying close to it as it continued it's journey.

Seen one last year around this time Robert on a telegraph pole on the Kerse Road with a couple of crows swooping at it.It had its crest up and was a braw looking bird close up.

The enemy (RSPB) report sightings of one fishing at Lochwhinnoch over the past 2 years.

try springwatch web-site.for ospreys. :animatedpigeons:

Thanks for the link. Seeing the bird "live" was a first for me I will probably stick with walking around gazing into the sky as normally do. The location here is between 2 lochs so it may be a regular visitor.

Been looking for my first and they have arrived this morning :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

only one hear last week have still only seen the one all week usually a load here with all the farms next to me very slow this year