Heating Panels

eastcoaster

My lofts are surrounded by large tree,s and the loft has always got a damp atmosphere and is the same until around end of May hence I don't think my birds really come up until later than required , so have thought of these panels just to even the temp a bit ,

Anyone any experience with them or decent opinion on if they would help ,

I had the same problem, but thought heaters raising the temperature would make the birds less hardy. I've had some success with the damp by opening the loft right up to increase air circulation, and by using loft whitener on the floor, perches and boxes regularly.

I suppose doing what I've done AND adding the heaters would sort it right out....I'd thought of tube heaters under the floor...

Lee

My lofts are surrounded by large tree,s and the loft has always got a damp atmosphere and is the same until around end of May hence I don't think my birds really come up until later than required , so have thought of these panels just to even the temp a bit ,

I would think more airflow rather than heat ,dont think heat in the loft is a good idea.OMO.

its a problem ive been looking into since being here Colin , Peter Pandy has posted about having heating panels in his loft , PM him and ask , sure he will tell you .

I have ATX Swiss panels purchased at Blackpool and to me they are brilliant when working off either the Heater or Hygrometer (supplied). Go to ATX SUISSE and read for yourself the advantages. As far as I am concerned I would not be without them and reasonable to run cost wise. Last week when cleaning the loft I set the heater to 25c and forgot to switch it back over resulting 24 Hrs later in a loft full of down feathers. You can even give the birds a bath inside the loft and the floor will be dry within the hour.

Their is a British agent but unfortunately I cannot find his number in my book.

P.S. You are welcome to come over and see for yourself.

I would think more airflow rather than heat ,dont think heat in the loft is a good idea.OMO.

That is also a real problem with all the trees , you don't get a true airflow and have struggled a bit with airflow in the loft , the birds have won from the loft but feel they take too long to come into condition .

its a problem ive been looking into since being here Colin , Peter Pandy has posted about having heating panels in his loft , PM him and ask , sure he will tell you .

I have ATX Swiss panels purchased at Blackpool and to me they are brilliant when working off either the Heater or Hygrometer (supplied). Go to ATX SUISSE and read for yourself the advantages. As far as I am concerned I would not be without them and reasonable to run cost wise. Last week when cleaning the loft I set the heater to 25c and forgot to switch it back over resulting 24 Hrs later in a loft full of down feathers. You can even give the birds a bath inside the loft and the floor will be dry within the hour.Their is a British agent but unfortunately I cannot find his number in my book.P.S. You are welcome to come over and see for yourself.

or just read the above post :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I have ATX Swiss panels purchased at Blackpool and to me they are brilliant when working off either the Heater or Hygrometer (supplied). Go to ATX SUISSE and read for yourself the advantages. As far as I am concerned I would not be without them and reasonable to run cost wise. Last week when cleaning the loft I set the heater to 25c and forgot to switch it back over resulting 24 Hrs later in a loft full of down feathers. You can even give the birds a bath inside the loft and the floor will be dry within the hour.

Their is a British agent but unfortunately I cannot find his number in my book.

P.S. You are welcome to come over and see for yourself.

Frank Bristow is the uk agent , there is a cheaper price wise in Ireland that is the same spec as atx .

May come and see yours in operation Peter .

Spoke to frank at Blackpool last year and he said that he couldn't believe they worked so well and improved his loft massively he also admitted he thought they were far to exspensive.

Frank Bristow is the uk agent , there is a cheaper price wise in Ireland that is the same spec as atx .

Spoke to frank at Blackpool last year and he said that he couldn't believe they worked so well and improved his loft massively he also admitted he thought they were far to exspensive.

mail me any time.

Frank Bristoe

15, Sandygate Lane

Horbling, Sleaford

Lincolnshire NG34 0PH

England

Tel./Fax: 01529240548

get youre meter rigged problem solved :emoticon-0138-thinking:

he said they were too expensive for you| scrooge LOL

There is a heating panel system available in ireland from Autoloft ,

It is as good if not better than ATX and also not as expensive

it is now being used by top lofts across ireland & the uk

There is an ad in next weeks RP about the system

feel free to pm me for any more info ...

• 9 months later...

There is a heating panel system available in ireland from Autoloft ,

It is as good if not better than ATX and also not as expensive

it is now being used by top lofts across ireland & the uk

There is an ad in next weeks RP about the system

feel free to pm me for any more info ...

Had the same problem when I moved here in 97. Have to be completely under the trees. I built 3 different lofts. No good. As soon as the damp or wet was in the trees the birds lost form very quickly ... and trees are nigh always damp. So last but one I had a wire mesh cover over the compartments with a false roof a foot over. This had a good 12 inches overlap. Wire meshed all around the top between THE ROOFS meant that the wind / breeze coursed through a treat nigh all the time ... but the damp being heavier meant dropping down ... so loss of form.

I built a brick one, two years back. A tiled roof boarded out underneath. Three main compartments with two adjacent. Just a 22 inch trap, that can be either open hole or bob wires, with a trap door that shuts inside to completely block it in. Only AIR in is then through the air bricks ... 9 by 6 air bricks in each compartment. No other air into the loft. Always same temperature, feels cool in summer and warm in winter. Have an aviary that they can use during the day. Wet or damp nights completely closed up. Great for the moult too. So they can sit out in the rain, or go in, whatever they choose. BUT I control the damp and wet from the trees getting in.

Yes I agree that one of the most important things ids free. Fresh air... Provided it is dry.

Yes I know, and have been repeated advised, and warned, that the tiles need to be a bit ajar to let it breathe and air in etc. etc. BUT they aren't under damp trees, or leaves dropping water every where.

This last one is great. Birds always in good condition.

Maybe I toy with the idea still of a 12 inch tube as such and two car fans each side of the loft with slots that can be covered to draw the air through ... But then wake up and say 'Get sharp, that is why you built this loft... to get away from damp and wet air of the trees'! I use deep litter system now. I change the whole lot whilst just leaving some droppings in the loft. I mix white with garden lime and rub in and spread well the loft before laying the new easy bed down. Probably costs £76 a year....

Looked at Broken Cobbs, but can't seem to find a local stockist.

Water is changed every day and placed in potting trays with NO holes in bottom. If and when I am going to ask the birds to do something different I take a handful of Garden lime and mx well in the drinkers, this is allowed to settle and to be used next day.

Yes sometime I have a false board over a small water butt like bucket to draw out the chlorine as this will kill much good gut bacteria.

Frank Bristow does a good price on heating panels if any one is interested.

Well radiated or not as far as i was led to believe that all heat rises therefore ,air through bottom vents heat through roof vents ,have the laws of science changed ,and by the way sorry about the doh! thought it didnt mean to say it no offence meant.

Well radiated or not as far as i was led to believe that all heat rises therefore ,air through bottom vents heat through roof vents ,have the laws of science changed ,and by the way sorry about the doh! thought it didnt mean to say it no offence meant.

Phil, ATX Radiated heat works on the same principal as the sun's rays. You can feel the heat 10 feet away and not burn your hand on the panel. Likewise the Hygrometer can be set at whatever moisture percentage you wish the panel to control. I found ATX absolutely marvellous when my loft was situated under trees removing damp and in my loft I have Ionising fans to control incoming ventilation. No offence was taken or meant regarding DOH or DRIBBLE :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: