food for thought  S.N.F.C

After reading joe murphys article in the b.h.w regarding this rubbish of a transporterour birds are being convoyed in. I think its time we were thinking about our birds more..

Would it be a good idea to send our birds along with the west durham amal who goes to arras & claermont.

or the up north combine goes to clearmont surely with the large amout of birds that is sent it would enhance our sport.

And i am absolutely sure the returns would be a lot better.

ITS also time the s.n.f.c & s.n.r.p.c became one .

As how can you say that you have won a scottish national whenall the best birds are not flying against each other and that also goes for the fanciers  dont be so childish and bury the hatchet and get on with what is best for the birds next year,,,,  

WALTER MASSON

SUMMERFIELD LOFTS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter, as an outsider your sugestion alignates all East Coast members!

Both your sugestion of being convoyed by others would benefit the west side.

The best way would be for all of Scotland to unite, but unfortunatly from what I have read and heard this is unlikely to ever happen.

Phil

surely a more central route would seem fairer to all , but you cant please all of the people all of the time , as for the transporter hold a few yb sales ectra and levy member £20 on there fed membership to get one also they could use incentives such as an Electronic Timing System to race for via a £5 race nom , in the time of decline a more united front is needed to keep the sport going .

The best way would be for all of Scotland to unite, but unfortunatly from what I have read and heard this is unlikely to ever happen.

Phil

Phile, this is the reason we are not an independent nation today,our failure to unite,has indeed held us back for to many generations.

However the state we are in today (uk) will surley mean at the next oppertunity,we will take that step.Sure you guys down south will manage just fine without us.

As for the national clubs in Scotland,the creation of an alternative national club has been good for our sport.Now its time to get round the table and sort it out so they can fly as one.

Happy days

i don't want there to be an independent nation look at our Scottish parliament it is a joke

for three hundred years the united kingdom has served us British well why chuck it for left wing loony bins the snp

as for the Scottish national if people keep saying it can never happen(merge back as one) it wont

it takes men to stand up and say sorry cowards never

all it would take is a few proposals to the shu or the snfc/snrpc the true decent members pass it at there agm's it alienates the trouble makers on both sides

and we get back to racing pigeons together

with better idea's on how to enhance our sport for the betterment of the pigeons and fanciers

propsal  to the shu all ban's lifted unless there was a  conviction in a court of law

what do you think?

i don't want there to be an independent nation look at our Scottish parliament it is a joke

for three hundred years the united kingdom has served us British well why chuck it for left wing loony bins the snp

as for the Scottish national if people keep saying it can never happen(merge back as one) it wont

all it would take is a few proposals to the shu or the snfc/snrpc the true decent members pass it at there agm's it alienates the trouble makers on both sides

with better idea's on how to enhance our sport for the betterment of the pigeons and fanciers

propsal  to the shu all ban's lifted unless there was a  conviction in a court of law

what do you think?

Spot on :)

As an Englishman in the midlands I hold your Scottish birds in high regard, but it does sadden me to see so many different nationals, north or south of the border. I was thinking of rejoining the NFC but they done it again with the young birds. I think I will carry on with the BBC and BICC who do a far better job than others.

Guest Gareth Rankin

what do you think?

Hi Bart

You are right about the decent fanciers of the sport taking it on themselves at the relevant AGM's with proposals for the betterment of our sport, but I do see a problem with overturning SHU bans as these bans were put in place for a reason, each SHU ban would have to be taken on its own merit because I would not want to be flying my pigeons against cheats >:(, conmen, thief�s >:( etc and generally people who have abused their fellow club mates in whatever capacity that may be.

I know i should be keeping this post positive but does the issue surrounding ETS still cause a major concern for the fanceirs that left the SNFC because of it????. Hers hoping not as the sooner there is only one national flying club the better for all the members in Scotland.

cheers

Gareth

I believe the only way scottish national racing can move forward and become one,is for the acceptance and reconistion of any of the governing unions.It should be up to the individual to make their choice on this matter.If this could be achieved, then i think we might be on the right track and progress could be within our sights.

yes gareth where do we go after the rule book is in the bin? the fancy in scotland is far too bloody minded for any changes,  their is  too much nastiness and bad feeling in scottish pigeondom which will stop any chance of togetherness, so we will continue with twice as many marking stations double the transport, extra fund raising sales and increases in subscriptions to satisfy the few who show no notions of change,reading similar posts it would appear that the younger members of the fancy{theirs a laugh} are mostly in favour of a united SCOTLAND, time now before its too late!!! :'( :'( :'( :) ps the acceptability of  ETS in scotland is now old hat!

sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward

as for cheats,con men and thief's Gareth do you know any?

the pigeon game in general is not about being nasty and bad feeling true you want to win  badly

true i am new to the pigeon game but i just can't understand how the good guys in Scotland got there self into this position

and its just as easy to get ourselves out of

maybe one race next year say an inland national with joint convoying would help to start the ball rolling

the reason mate is that certain people could not get their own way and the ets system was used as a smoke screen as the amount of systems now being used on both sides of the divide testifies it was their way or the highway as the way the east of scotland fed was torn apart proved they didnt want to know about rules that didnt suit not so easily cast aside there can only be one national in scotland and i take nothing away from any of the guys who won on either side of the fence  

Hi Bart

You are right about the decent fanciers of the sport taking it on themselves at the relevant AGM's with proposals for the betterment of our sport, but I do see a problem with overturning SHU bans as these bans were put in place for a reason, each SHU ban would have to be taken on its own merit because I would not want to be flying my pigeons against cheats >:(, conmen, thief�s >:( etc and generally people who have abused their fellow club mates in whatever capacity that may be.

I know i should be keeping this post positive but does the issue surrounding ETS still cause a major concern for the fanceirs that left the SNFC because of it????. Hers hoping not as the sooner there is only one national flying club the better for all the members in Scotland.

cheers

Gareth

I doubt if

Hi Frank

I wish you well in your efforts to unite the two national clubs in Scotland but if you look at Burnbank and Greenfield i was setting the clocks for the two clubs in an effort to get them back together before i came to England and i have been down here for 23 years and they are still two seperate clubs

Hi Frank

I wish you well in your efforts to unite the two national clubs in Scotland but if you look at Burnbank and Greenfield i was setting the clocks for the two clubs in an effort to get them back together before i came to England and i have been down here for 23 years and they are still two seperate clubs

Exactly Tam that's why i think it ain't gonnae happen for a long time mate ;)

the ets was never an issue its introduction was handled badly in hindsight which we all know is a wonderful thing any one who was at the shu agms will remember the hatred that was evident there were people stating it could be manipulated to win races but they could never actually do it and after what has come to light in the last couple of years has to be the laugh of the decade i was one who truly believed our sport was watertight

Hi Frank

I wish you well in your efforts to unite the two national clubs in Scotland but if you look at Burnbank and Greenfield i was setting the clocks for the two clubs in an effort to get them back together before i came to England and i have been down here for 23 years and they are still two separate clubs

but now we have moved on there are hardly any members left who were involved in the split

in fact both clubs no longer race mark in Burnbank so if someone was to propose  a merger it would not be block i reckon old mr h mcmillan might turn in his grave though :-/

three clubs in Hamilton with less than 60(guessing)members all birds are mark in three club premises all 1/4 mile of each other

its the same with Lanarkshire and south Lanarkshire if there was a proposal for both to join i reckon most would be for it

the clubs and feds now are starting to realize how much it is to send a bird to the race in an empty transporter  who would have thought of lanarkshire fed racing under snfc just a few years ago

maybe i will just have to wait to see one national but i aint going to stop saying its stupid and wrong

but now we have moved on there are hardly any members left who were involved in the split

in fact both clubs no longer race mark in Burnbank so if someone was to propose  a merger it would not be block i reckon old mr h mcmillan might turn in his grave though :-/

three clubs in Hamilton with less than 60(guessing)members all birds are mark in three club premises all 1/4 mile of each other

its the same with Lanarkshire and south Lanarkshire if there was a proposal for both to join i reckon most would be for it

the clubs and feds now are starting to realize how much it is to send a bird to the race in an empty transporter  who would have thought of lanarkshire fed racing under snfc just a few years ago

maybe i will just have to wait to see one national but i aint going to stop saying its stupid and wrong

bart some clubs within a few miles from my own club are paying 60-80 pence per bird and thats just for the short races, small state of the art transporter top notch,but only half full,going to a meeting on sunday unsure what the future holds for my own club! :'( :'( :'(amalgamate or die!

Guest Gareth Rankin
yes gareth where do we go after the rule book is in the bin? the fancy in scotland is far too bloody minded for any changes,  their is  too much nastiness and bad feeling in scottish pigeondom which will stop any chance of togetherness, so we will continue with twice as many marking stations double the transport, extra fund raising sales and increases in subscriptions to satisfy the few who show no notions of change,reading similar posts it would appear that the younger members of the fancy{theirs a laugh} are mostly in favour of a united SCOTLAND, time now before its too late!!! :'( :'( :'( :) ps the acceptability of  ETS in scotland is now old hat!

Old hat :X this was the main single factor why members left the SNFC and then joined SNRPC and the RPRA. ??) ??) Crazy bloody sport that we are in but with a positive feeling in the sport towards progress in the sport hopefully we will all see the benefits of it in the next season or the following seasons in whatever steps that may take.

Cheers

Gareth