Question For The Distance Men

walterboswell59

no bearing whatsoever Wattie imo.

thats why i was asking if anyone had birds that had done it dell and in a hard race i sent my mealy hen with the 9 flights in one wing to elvanfoot today with the idea of trying to keep her ticking over incase her flight came in ok and she was the 3rd bird from 68 i thought she might lag behind a bit because of the imbalance

thats why i was asking if anyone had birds that had done it dell and in a hard race i sent my mealy hen with the 9 flights in one wing to elvanfoot today with the idea of trying to keep her ticking over incase her flight came in ok and she was the 3rd bird from 68 i thought she might lag behind a bit because of the imbalance

Over a short distance it wont effect her but a longer race is different.They have to be perfect

Totally agree with Del :)

Personally I would never tolerate or even want o breed or race a bird with any wrong traits , it's bad enought trying to get near perfect types to score at the distance , doesn't mean it won't be a bad bird but, but breeding a hut fll of fancy colours also had its drawbacks , I suppose that's the difference between us bak door fanciers ,and master strain makers they have very high standards ,Stan biss ,alf baker , Alfred Bennett to name afew come to mind and recently mr and mrs Elliot , onwards and upwards ,😳

Personally I would never tolerate or even want o breed or race a bird with any wrong traits , it's bad enought trying to get near perfect types to score at the distance , doesn't mean it won't be a bad bird but, but breeding a hut fll of fancy colours also had its drawbacks , I suppose that's the difference between us bak door fanciers ,and master strain makers they have very high standards ,Stan biss ,alf baker , Alfred Bennett to name afew come to mind and recently mr and mrs Elliot , onwards and upwards ,😳

Can I ask what drawbacks there is?

As you say the master strain makers normally have one colour

Best pigeon I ever owned had a terrible dropped tail feather.I know folk that would've killed it for that as its a sign of weakness, BOLL..KS, this pigeon won everywhere she went including the coveted A.R.Bowes trophy for 1st west sect Gold cup, she is responsible for 60 SNFC diplomas. WRONG TRAIT, we know fk all about pigeons and the sooner folk realise that the quicker they move up the ladder imo.

Best pigeon I ever owned had a terrible dropped tail feather.I know folk that would've killed it for that as its a sign of weakness, BOLL..KS, this pigeon won everywhere she went including the coveted A.R.Bowes trophy for 1st west sect Gold cup, she is responsible for 60 SNFC diplomas. WRONG TRAIT, we know fk all about pigeons and the sooner folk realise that the quicker they move up the ladder imo.

Well put Derek.

some speech , but a great one . take note folk,s :emoticon-0137-clapping: